20 months old and size 5 shoe!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by angie7, Nov 29, 2007.

1. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

Is that normal? How big are you kids feet?

2. hanknbeans

hanknbeans Well-Known Member

Are tou thinking big or small? Mine were a size 5 at 13 months.

3. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

My boys have been in a size 6 since 20 months old...I don't think so

4. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

Mine are 18 months and in a size 5.

5. twinsohmy

twinsohmy Well-Known Member

Mine are 21 months and DD is in a 5 and DS is in a 6.

6. megginmj

megginmj Well-Known Member

Mine are 18 months and in a size 5 or 6 depending on the brand of shoes. Both dh and I have small feet, so I'm not surprised theirs are on the small side.

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

That sounds fairly normal to me. Shoe sizes are just all over the map. At 24 months, one of mine is wearing a 5 but it's big on her -- the other one is still a 4. My sense is that they have very small feet, since they were in a size 2 & 3 when they started walking and hardly anyone makes shoes that small.

8. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

Angie, my boys are 16 months. One wears a 7 and the other wears a 6 extra wide!

9. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine are 21 months and DD wears a 5 and DS a 6. My oldest DD was a 6/7 at that age.

10. EMc2

EMc2 Well-Known Member

My two are 18 mo old and still in 4's but it's getting ify, they wear sandals are year round due to the tropical climate here, and I've noticed I have to adjust the velcro out to accomodate their feet, they'll be in 5's soon. I doubt they'll be very tall, we're all short around here.

11. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Ben wore a size 5 XW at 13 months.

12. herself

herself Well-Known Member

my boys have been in size 6 shoes since they were 14 months. Now at 2 years they are in size 7 and could wear 8 with thick socks.

13. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Mine are 20 months, one is in a size 4 and one in a size 5. Although I really need to get them measured because I think my size 5 baby might be ready to move up.

14. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Mine are 19 months and Jack is 5-6 and sophie is a size 3. Im not sure what that translates to in american sizes as i know yours are slightly bigger. x

15. Rachel&Emily

Rachel&Emily Well-Known Member

16 Months and in a size 5...

16. malone550

malone550 Well-Known Member

DD is a 4 narrow and DS is a 5.5 Up until last week I thoght they were both size 4 but Itook them to Stride rite and found out I was squishing DS tiny toes ooops (He whinees about everything else why cant he whine about that!)

17. twomore

twomore Well-Known Member

we are in a size five now

18. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

I thought that maybe they had big feet but I guess they are normal (which is good :)). I have very small feet, I wear kids shoes :p and my dh is average for a man but wide. They seemed to jump from a 3 to 5 overnite...Thanks for the feedback!

19. daniellecic

daniellecic Well-Known Member

mine are 17 months and wear 7w and 7XW

20. KimberlyF

KimberlyF Well-Known Member

Oh, my! We're tiny over here! DS is in a size 3 and dd is wearing a 1. I bought her shoes for their one year pictures, and they were sized 3-6 months!

21. LouCee

LouCee Well-Known Member

At 20 months mine were 7.5 and 8.5XW

22. 2girls2b

2girls2b Well-Known Member

My girls are 21 months and wear size 6.

23. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

at 18 mos DD wears a 4 and DS wears a 5 but could proabably use a 5.5 - size 6's look like clown shoes!

24. Sara26

Sara26 Well-Known Member

My girls are 21 months old and both wear a size 4!

25. nanhancan

nanhancan Well-Known Member

My 20 month olds wear a 7M & 6.5W.

26. jennyj

jennyj Well-Known Member

DD is 18 mo and just now in a 5

27. jena4

jena4 Well-Known Member

Same here..we seemed to jump from a 3 to a 5 overnight as well!! We are 17 months and one is a 5 and the other 5 1/2.
    jena

28. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

My boys are 18 months old and in a size 7 for shoes. We just had to go from a 6 to a 7.

29. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

My guys wear a 6.5 They have been for a couple months now. I am sure I will be buying new one right after the holidays.

Cari

30. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

Mine are 19 mos & ds wears a 5 1/2w (if I can find a wide) and dd wears a 4 or 3.

31. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Minette @ Nov 29 2007, 06:59 PM) [snapback]514712[/snapback]
    That sounds fairly normal to me. Shoe sizes are just all over the map. My sense is that they have very small feet, since they were in a size 2 & 3 when they started walking and hardly anyone makes shoes that small.

Same here. We have always been on the small side, and were wearing some generously big size 3s when the boys started walking.

Now, at 20m, we are wearing size 5 for the most part, but they are still a bit big on them. We still have some shoes in size 4, but there is a LOT more variety out there for size 5.

32. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

At 13 months DD is a 6 and DS is a 6.5W.

33. GrayHeathmommy

GrayHeathmommy Well-Known Member

My boys are 20 months and just about out of their size 8 shoes. From what I understand, this is quite large for feet at this age, but my family is very tall.

They also have extremely large hands!!!!

Jen FB