20 week ultrasound today....

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Merijo, Dec 7, 2006.

1. Merijo

Merijo Well-Known Member

We are having two boys. [​IMG]

Pretty sure they are identical - 10 week ultrasound showed one placenta. Plus they have a very thin separating membrane? We are in for some kind of fun when they get here since we already have a two yr old little boy. Wish me LUCK.

The appointment went well, measuring right on for dates, tons of movement, nothing that looked out the ordinary so far. We did a lot of knocking on wood and hoping for contiued good findings.

I even got the OK to go to Florida for a week in Jan! I need a little sunshine and relaxing on a beach time.

Yippee!!
    Merijo

2. Merijo

Merijo Well-Known Member

We are having two boys. [​IMG]

Pretty sure they are identical - 10 week ultrasound showed one placenta. Plus they have a very thin separating membrane? We are in for some kind of fun when they get here since we already have a two yr old little boy. Wish me LUCK.

The appointment went well, measuring right on for dates, tons of movement, nothing that looked out the ordinary so far. We did a lot of knocking on wood and hoping for contiued good findings.

I even got the OK to go to Florida for a week in Jan! I need a little sunshine and relaxing on a beach time.

Yippee!!
    Merijo

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Congrats on the two boys!! That's so exciting! Oh, and a trip to Florida! Sweet! [​IMG]

4. threetobe

threetobe Well-Known Member

Congratulations, that's wonderful!! [​IMG]

I'm right with you on the "fun" part -- my twins are due just before my son's 2nd birthday. I know it'll be a challenge in the beginning but I think they'll ultimately benefit from being close in age.

5. ReallyTiredMom

ReallyTiredMom Well-Known Member

Congrats! I'm very jealous of the Florida trip! You have yourself a great time while you are there! Wish my hubby and I would have snuck in a trip before we knew we were having twins. We are scheduled to go to Puerto Rico in August 07, twins are due in February. I can't even imagine how we are going to handle that! And let's not even discuss swim suits!

Have some key lime pie for me - it's been a craving of mine this whole pregnancy!

6. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

What a great appointment! And hooray for florida - i'm actually in Miami now and it is FABULOUS to be in the water, the sun, the blue sky instead of the cold northeast! And - i am FLAUNTING my belly in a bikini (and ignoring my hips and bu**!)

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

You will have lots of fun with those boys!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!

8. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

Great appt! [​IMG]

[​IMG] congrats on the boys!

9. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Wow, how do thye know it's boys already? Or are you further along than 10 wks?

Have fun in FL; I'm totally jealous. Michigan is cold today!

10. kimber074

kimber074 Well-Known Member

congrats on a great ultrasound [​IMG] [​IMG] I can relate to the concerns with a 2 yr old in the house my son just turned 2 in Nov. and that has been a concern of mine but I know as they get older it will be wonderful (built in playmates and lifelong friends).

11. Merijo

Merijo Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies! Yep, I'm 20 weeks now. We've had two previous US but this was the first that the tech took the time to really look for the sexes. It is fun to see them moving around and opening and closing mouths. They were sort of poking at each other with hands when we first started the ultrasound. Oh boy, I can already hear me saying - stop poking your brother!!!

Yes, it IS cold today in Michigan. It was even colder here yesterday. I didn't even leave the house yesterday. Brrrrr.

Ah, now we have to decide exactly when and where to go. We lived in FL for 6 yrs, so, it's kind of fun to go back and see the old friends. But, it's also nice to just hang on the beach. Or, Disney, or Seaworld, or, or, or.... all things sound good when you are in a Michigan winter.

Merijo

12. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    Congratulations and welcome to the two boys club!!!!

13. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!!! Man, I'd love to hit up Florida ... I'm so jealous!!!