2015 Check in!

Discussion in 'General' started by ljcrochet, Jan 12, 2015.

1. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Did any one set any fitness goals for 2015?  

2. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Figured I would add my update in a new thread.

DH and I along with my MIL stared the whole30 . I am on day 9 and am amazed at how easy it is and how good I feel. I didn't have to go through a sugar detox, but i did have a wheat and dairy detox.  It will be interesting to see how I feel after the 30 days is up,and what path it leads me on.
    The differences in MIL in a week are crazy, she is calmer.  Who would have thought that food would make that much of a difference on anxiety levels.

I do need to vamp up my workout, but right now i hurt my leg.  I was pretty close to going to urgent care over the weekend.  I have no idea what I did to it, but it is slighly swollen, and there is a huge black and blue with a bump.  It hurts to walk.  Last night I modified a 17 minute hasfit sitting workout.  

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug:  Lisa, I hope your leg is feeling better soon.

I've definitely cleaned up my eating since the holidays (which eating wise, was a nightmare).  I am reading the Whole 30 book now and I am thinking about doing it starting 2/15.  I'd love to get DH on board with it as well...just to try it for a month and see how we both feel. I have autoimmune issues and he lives with back pain...maybe we'd see some improvement on that end or maybe not.  Either way, our eating would be way healthier.  I have incorporated heavier weight lifting in my workout and that's going pretty good so far.

I am glad it's going well for you, DH and MIL!

4. Madelyn Rodriguez

Madelyn Rodriguez New Member

Fitness plan for 2016?

5. mtrhuynh

mtrhuynh New Member

I'm too lazy to make a fitness plan for 2016. How can I make it more easier?

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I have a friend who did the whole 30. She was thrilled with the result.

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

2016, is just to get back on track. I will be doing a whole 30 (maybe whole 45) from the day after Easter. I restarted doing the hasfit program and hitting the gym at least 5 days a week.