28 week apt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by AWillow, Nov 29, 2006.

1. AWillow

AWillow Well-Known Member

Ladies,
    I had my apt today with the Peri and my OB. All is well. My boys weighed in at 2.7 and 2.8 lbs. Right where they should be. Dr Stadulis (OB) told me to expect small babies because 1. they are twins and sharing resources, and 2. I'm not a tall person. So I'm not sure my Goal of having 5lb babies will be realists. She told me that my goal needs to be to keep them in until 34 weeks, but of course the longer the better.
    I also did my Glucose test today. Hopefully I will pass it and not need to worry about that.

Dr Holls, my Peri wants to see me in two weeks for a BPP and then he wants to see me every week after that. I'll be seeing my OB every week starting next week. So looks like after next week I'll having two apts per week.

Oh, and I've gained 25 lbs. not bad I guess. Also I’m measuring 36 weeks ☺

All in all two good apt. Babies are doing well, my contractions are being controlled with bedrest and meds, ALL IS GOOD. YAY!!!

2. AWillow

AWillow Well-Known Member

Ladies,
    I had my apt today with the Peri and my OB. All is well. My boys weighed in at 2.7 and 2.8 lbs. Right where they should be. Dr Stadulis (OB) told me to expect small babies because 1. they are twins and sharing resources, and 2. I'm not a tall person. So I'm not sure my Goal of having 5lb babies will be realists. She told me that my goal needs to be to keep them in until 34 weeks, but of course the longer the better.
    I also did my Glucose test today. Hopefully I will pass it and not need to worry about that.

Dr Holls, my Peri wants to see me in two weeks for a BPP and then he wants to see me every week after that. I'll be seeing my OB every week starting next week. So looks like after next week I'll having two apts per week.

Oh, and I've gained 25 lbs. not bad I guess. Also I’m measuring 36 weeks ☺

All in all two good apt. Babies are doing well, my contractions are being controlled with bedrest and meds, ALL IS GOOD. YAY!!!

3. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I'm glad everything is looking well!!! And as far as baby weights go, I am not a tall person and I'm around 34 weeks, and today the babies were at 5 pounds 5 oz each, so you never know. I think at 28 weeks I was at 2 pounds 13 oz and 2 pounds 11 or something like that, so not too far from you. If you're not drinking Boost or Ensure, I highly recommend one or two a day.

Yay happy babies!!!!!!!!!!!

4. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

I know you aren't much taller than I am (I am only 5 feet tall), but ours were both over five pounds when we delivered (5#1oz and 5#13oz). My MD kept telling me I would never go past 32 weeks, and we made it to 36w 3d (could have made it further but I was so umcomfortable that I just couldn't take it anymore!)

Angel

5. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

I also wanted to add - I only gained 17 pounds (I am now 15# below pre-pregnancy weight)and I was only measuring 40 weeks when I delivered. You are doing great and you very much may meet your 5 pounder goal! Keep us posted and I am glad things are going well.

Angel

6. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

[​IMG] I am happy to hear that your doing well and your contractions are being controlled! Keep up the good work!

7. anglinstork

anglinstork Well-Known Member

So glad to hear that the babies are doing well and all seems to be under control!!

HUGS!

8. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

My babies were only about 2 1/2 lbs at 28 weeks and they are both over 5 lbs now 35 weeks. Hopefully yours will be as big and you'll go further than you expect!

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I am glad that everything went so well with your appointment!!
    I am not very tall either - and my girls weighed 4.2 and 4.11
    pounds a week and a half ago!

10. luv_my_kidz

luv_my_kidz Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear all is going well and the c/x are under control!! [​IMG]

11. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Cheers for a great appt! Going to the doc's 2ce a week is not so fun after a few weeks, even when it is your only outing! But you're doing a great job; keep it up!
    I'm not too short, 5'5", but we just have small kids, I guess. My DD was a very healthy 7p2oz and she was born at almost 42 wks. We won't all have linebackers!