2nd Baby Bump

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by gina_leigh, Jul 30, 2013.

1. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

So, this may be a weird question, but did your baby bump look normal your second (or more) time around after you had a c-section? Just curious how that small "hangover" will look pregnant.

I've also heard and read that you tend to show earlier the second time around. Is that true even after twins? I think it was right around 16-17wks with the twins when I had bump and didn't just look like I ate too much.

TIA!

2. twinfinite

twinfinite Well-Known Member

Don't worry, your bump will look completely normal.

I had a c-section with the twins also, and looked preg at about 16-17 weeks, same as you.

With the second pregnancy (single), I "looked" pregnant with an average-sized bump at about 20 weeks (before that I just looked like a chunky monkey with a jelly belly). I totally "felt" pregnant and bloated almost immediately with both pregnancies though.

3. gina_leigh

Yeah I already feel bloated and like my regular clothes feel tighter.

I don't remember when I felt that way with the twins. I lost a lot of weight right before I got pregnant with them, so most of my clothes had room to grow. Lol

Not the case this time.

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

My sister in law had two c-sections, her second pregnancy she looked better than her first! Neither was twins though. With her first she kind of got big all over, her second was all perfect baby belly.

As for getting bigger, I definitely got bigger faster the second (and third!) time after my twins. I remember my pants being snug the second time by 8-10 weeks or so. Not really snug, but they would dig into my stomach really uncomfortably. I would wrap a hair tie around the button and button hole to give me a little more room. This time around I just gave up and wore maternity or stretchy waist stuff around 8 weeks. :p

5. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I had a c-section with my twins followed by two singleton pregnancies. My first pregnancy bump after twins looked totally normal. My second bump looked kind of weird shaped, perhaps due to her position. I had a flat spot at my belly button and was VERY noticeable when you looked at it from the side (after 32 weeks). It was good for a laugh!

I definitely got bigger sooner with each pregnancy. With the twins, I wasn't in maternity pants until 16 weeks. With my third, I made it to 12 weeks. With my fourth, 10 weeks. That was even after exercising the rubber band trick with my normal pants. So for me, my belly was sooner to pop, longer to go back down - but it did get there eventually!

Congrats!!!

6. gina_leigh

Thanks y'all!

I really hate the hangover from the c-section. One day I'll get it fixed, but need to done with babies first! Lol
    And looking in the mirror now, it's hard to imagine it as a filled out baby bump.

I only have a few really comfortable outfits to wear, but feel like its way too soon for maternity shopping. (I didn't really have much with the twins because I spent so much time on bed rest.)

I'm only 7.5wks now, so I do think most of my issue is general pregnancy bloat and leftover bloating from the fertility meds.

7. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

congratulations!!!!

i had a c/s with the girls, and i started showing like right away with this one. and now people keep saying to me, "any day now, huh?" and i still have 6 weeks left!!! :(

the hangover thing didn't change the look of the bump of anything.