2yr old Boys napping together: peeing/pooping on everything...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Cjoy, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Cjoy

Cjoy Well-Known Member

So our boys are 28months old...they share a room, they normally take 2.5hr naps everyday (I wake them at 3hrs if they are not up). Within the last week, they have played thru three of those daily naps. Two of those three naps they have peed and pooped all over their room. They laugh with each other and tear apart their room. Their room is barron, there are beds and an empty book shelf, and a dresser with a few items in it. They have emptied all the drawers, and thrown the drawers acrossed the room. They have unplugged their monitor and light. They have rearranged their beds. I have gone in there several times and given timeouts, spankings, etc...I have ignored them hoping that would work. There really is nothing to take away, they don't have anything left to take, beyond their blankets (loveys). I am so sick of cleaning up poop and starting the afternoon with baths and laundry. Today it was on the wall, and the one DS that finally did fall asleep had poop crusted on his forehead!
    Any advice? We don't have an extra bedroom, otherwise I would spilt them up. We don't have this issue at nighttime...just naps. We also take them outside everyday, so they are ready for naps. I know they still need them..but I don't know how to handle this current issue!
    Thank you !!!

2. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

My SIL put her daughters sleeper on backwards (zipper in back) when she was making a mess with poop. Don't know if they would help each other out of their cloths. I think i might sew a little ring on their sleeper and tie the zipper closed.
    At least you would not have diaper mess to clean up.
    Sorry, no more advice.. no first hand experience (yet). Let us know what you figure out!
    GL

3. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

What about putting one of them in your room? Or one in the living room? Duct tape diapers.

Or you could sit with them until they fall asleep.

I got no real advice but I'd definitely not let them alone in the room at nap time for awhile. Mine gave up naps before age 2. Good luck!

4. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had to put one of my girls in the pack n play in the hallway. That's the only way they'd nap, was to separate them.

5. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

We had the same problem long time ago. Then finally I gave up. Our playroom has a sectional. So they take nap there everyday. And things were back to normal.

We did try to put their footed sleepers on backwards. I even sewed the necks a bit smaller. But they managed to get out without unzip. I even set an ip wireless cam in their room. But they moved to the spots that cam couldn't reach to. Finally I gave up and let them sleep on sectional in playroom. It's been for months. And they still nap 2 hrs everyday :). Gl! I know it's so so frustrating