3 cm dilated at 36 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Lisacs, Mar 3, 2009.

1. Lisacs

Lisacs Member

Hi,
    I had my 36 week appointment this week, and I've been having lots of contractions over the past few days, so my OB checked my cervix. In the last week I've dilated almost 3 cm, and I'm now b/w 50 - 75% effaced. Did any of you have a similar experience, and if so, how long was it until the babies came? I'm kind of nervous that they're going to come really quickly and I won't have a chance to get an epidural (that's what happened with my first pregnancy). I'm also nervous that I won't know when I'm really in labor, even though this is my 3rd pregnancy. I'd appreciate hearing about any expeirences any of you have had with starting to dilate and how long it took the babies to come. With my first two I didn't dilate AT ALL until I was in full on labor.

Thanks so much! I hope everyone is doing well!

Lisa

2. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

any time now but you never know.

With my ds I walked around 90% effaced 2cm dialted having contractions every 10 minutes for 2 weeks!! you never know. Good luck!! you will meet your babies soon either way!!!

Just think about it, that's 3 less cm you have to do while in labor!!

3. travellingmum

travellingmum Well-Known Member

I was 3cm dilated at 31 weeks and 50% effaced. I was 5cm at 34 weeks. I didn't deliver until I was induced at 37 weeks.

4. NicoleMarieLG

NicoleMarieLG Well-Known Member

I'm right there with you :) I'll be 36 weeks on Thursday and they just told me I am contracting an partialy effaced!!! I guess we will figure it out together :)

5. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

I don't know what your outcome will be but good luck!

6. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

every person is so different and hard to compare (but I sooo remember being that close and so excited and nervous and wanting to hear EVERYONE'S experience...LOL) so thought I'd chime in...
    I was at 4.5cm at 35 weeks and they weren't born until being induced at 38+4. I thought for SURE they'd be out any day.. I was going for walks, vacuuming, scrubbing the floor... anything I could think of to get them out (and yes, all of the above activities hurt like H! LOL)
    Good luck and you're getting so close! how exciting!!!

7. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I was 4 cm at 36 weeks (2 cm at 32 and 33 weeks and 3 cm at 34 and 35 weeks), never had a contraction and made it until my scheduled induction at 38w2d (I was 4 1/2 cm at the time of induction). All went very quick. They had me on Pitocin at 6 am, broke my water at 8 am (when I was 5 1/2 cm) and they were born at 10.32 and 10.36 am ...

8. Lisacs

Lisacs Member

Thank you for all of your replies! I guess there is no way of really knowing when they'll come. I'd like to keep them in until at least 37 weeks, but all of the contractions I'm having keep making me thing they're coming sooner rather than later. I'll just have to wait and see! The waiting is so hard :) !!

I hope everyone is doing well!

Lisa

9. doublej's

doublej's Well-Known Member

Good luck and hope that all goes well!