3 years old still in need of a 5pt car seat

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by FAE1470, Feb 17, 2008.

1. FAE1470

FAE1470 Well-Known Member

Hi ladies.. I need suggestions on car seats w/ a 5pt harness for over 40 pounds. I have seen the ones for $200 and above but wanted to know if there are any others on the market.

2. Slackwater

Slackwater Well-Known Member

We got my son the Costco/Safety First Apex 65. It goes by a bunch of different names. Five-point harness up to 65lbs. I got it for $120 @ Albee Baby. Great deal (& free shipping over $100!).

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

I have the Sunshine Kids Radian 65 carseats. They also make an 80 lb. version. They're great! They are usually around $199, but you can typically find a 10% off code and get them for $180 and free shipping. HTH :)

4. Jaci

Jaci Well-Known Member

I also have the Sunshine Kids Radian 65, we love them. We got them for $185 and free shipping (can't remember who we ordered them from!?). I would recommend calling the on-line stores offering the best prices & ask about a twin discount.

Good luck.

5. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

We have the Sunshine Radian as well. I think Graco is also coming out with a new one that has a 5-pt harness up to 65 lbs. It's called the Nautilus , Walmart has them for $150

6. Dani J.

Dani J. Well-Known Member

I too am looking for a new seat...and plan to go w/ the Radian 65. My kids are over the height limit for our carseats, but no where near the 40 lb weight limit.

Where did you guys get your Radians so cheap?
    The lowest price I've found is 194.00

7. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

Another Radian over here. Just keep in mind that the top slots of the Apex are about 17.5", same as the Britax Marathon (family). Radian is higher and so is the Regent. All others are lower, incl. Evenflo Triumph (17"). Most children grow out their seats heightwise first, so you should look at a seat with high top slots unless your child is short and/or has a short torso.

I paid a little over $150 for my Radian on eBay (got very lucky; authorized dealer)