34 weeks and still working..

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by kudos, Nov 17, 2011.

1. kudos

kudos Member

tomorrow will be 34 weeks exact and I'm not scheduled to be off work until 12/2. Can I make it?

I'm doing fairly well (according to my Physician), so are the 2 babies. But it's getting harder and harder for me to commute (taking public transportation) and I'm more tired each day.

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would listen to your body - if you feel done, I would chat with your doc & boss & see about getting off earlier.

3. ShelbyJ

ShelbyJ Well-Known Member

Congrats on such an uneventful pregnancy! I worked until 34 weeks and felt I could go longer, but my doctor pulled me out of work. The boys were born at 36 weeks, 5 days.

4. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sounds like you are doing great! Just make sure you take time to rest and drink lots of water. Definitely listen to your body, if you dont make it ito 12/2 that's okay...you have to take care of yourself and your babies. You're almost there! :clapping:

5. praises1139

praises1139 Well-Known Member

i am amazed. i couldn't do it. i was put on bedrest at 22 wks and by 26 i couldn't sit in a chair very long. definitely decrease your work hrs if you can because fatigue can put you more at risk for preterm labor. as time goes on, you will feel worse, that is for sure.

6. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

I agree with the others that if you need to stop, you should. If not, what about working from home? I've been doing it two days a week for a while now and am working towards three soon. It really helps not to have to commute. Plus, today is a work a home day and I'm still in my jammies!

Good luck!

7. sscetta

sscetta Well-Known Member

Oh my good for you but just make sure to get lots of rest. Best of luck.

8. I commend you and anyone else who has worked past 30 weeks with twins. I just don't think I could do it. I know every pregnancy is different, I had terrible pregnancies with my girls, and they were single pregnancies. Lots of pressure, hip pain and early labor. I think you should listen to your body, it is telling you that it's time to rest up before those babies are born! Take care of yourself :)

9. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I worked to 35 weeks and had the babies at 37.4. At some point you just have to decide you are done.

10. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I worked at home until 37w1d and was sort of whining that I wanted to be done... Well, my water broke on a holiday weekend so I didn't have to go back to work on Tuesday. :)

11. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

Aww honey I hope you are done soon! I worked at a MD office as a nurse until 33 weeks the only reason they took me off was because of a size difference for mine! Expected 2 lbs but it was 1lb by birth. Just be happy your MD's think all is well and no big issues! MY regular OB just kept saying I was doing so well! My husband would tease me saying I was begging to be off work, I was! I was nearly in tears every time with my OB by 28 weeks trying to get "bed rest"!
    It was my peri that took me off because of a 24% discrepency! at 31 weeks.
    Good luck honey!!

12. Lindala25

Lindala25 Well-Known Member

I worked up until a few days before my delivery at 38 weeks. I was exhausted but didn't make any difference to my babies. They came at their scheduled C-section date and were healthy as can be. I think they would probably have stayed a couple weeks more to be honest. My cervix was closed and thick at the time. So if you need to work, if the pregnancy is going well don't think you have to stop.

13. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I scaled back my hours starting at 32 weeks and at 36 weeks I hit the wall. I just couldn't deal with work anymore. Your body will definetly tell you when it has had enough and you need to get some more rest. I delivered at 38 weeks. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy.

14. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I worked until 35+3 and delivered at 36 - I was lucky in that the hubs and I worked in the same office so he did all the driving (by 32 weeks I had to stop driving because I couldn't put the clutch to the floor anymore LOL) and I had a desk job...doc pulled me due to developing pre-e...I was soooooo done though - I decided on Monday that Friday would be my last and I wound up getting pulled on Thursday anyway...