35 weeks tomorrow

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by keirin, Jun 14, 2011.

1. keirin

keirin Well-Known Member

Just some random thoughts going through my head this morning:

I'm 35 weeks tomorrow with b/g twins and feeling a bit emotional lately... I'm so ready for them to get out because I am physically uncomfortable (I feel like my stomach cannot possibly get any bigger and oh the stretch marks I have gained in the last 2 weeks!). On the other hand, I want them to stay in as long as needed so they will be healthy. My mom also flew in this week to be here with me and I feel a bit guilty if this pregnancy continues much longer because she'll be away from home for so long (though I did try to talk her into waiting a few more weeks!).

I'm doing weekly BPPs and last week our girl didn't cooperate with showing her breathing so we almost went to the hospital for an NST - something I want to avoid because of my very high hospital copay! The ultrasound tech poked at her for 30 solid minutes with the wand and she just slept through the whole thing! Fortunately the OB was able to fit us in later in the day for a follow up and when we went back our girl was cooperating. I'm scared that tomorrow when we go for another one that one of them won't cooperate again... it's going to get old.

I feel like my house needs so much work still... at least the nursery is set up.

And I really don't want to have them tomorrow because my brother-in-law also has twins and they were born june 15th. I told DH it's bad enough our twins will always have to share a birthday with each other - I don't want them to share with their cousins too!

I want to try a vaginal delivery since baby A (boy) is head down, but with baby B (girl) breech I'm afraid I'll end up with a vaginal delivery of A and a c-section for B... it's in the back of my head that I should just do a c-section and get it over with.

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh, my dear. :hug:

The end is so sucky. It hurts, you have all of these emotions and worries... :hug:

Your mom will be fine. I'm sure she's thrilled to be there for you and see the babies be born.

Can you take along a candy bar or juice to prod your sleepy little girl along for the BPP?

This is hard to hear but babies absolutely don't care what your kitchen looks like. They don't care whether your living room is perfect. In fact, I'd argue that they don't like when I cleaned or fixed dinner- it's less time I was paying attention to them! ;)

Get the nursery and your bedroom right and you'll be fine. Pregnant ladies want things their way, though, and I get that. Can you enlist your mom to help you (she can do the physical moving; you direct where stuff goes?)

It's not bad that they share a birthday- they are so very special they 'get' to share it. I doubt very much you'll go into labor tomorrow (what are the odds???) but if you were to go into labor and have them- how special would that be for them and your family? It's kind of cool, I think.

I know the delivery is scary- esp with the idea of a vaginal and a C-section floating around. Is your doc completely unwilling to deliver a breech B? I would try for the vaginal- a C-section recovery isn't always easy or without risk. I do hope that you have peace in whatever decision you make.

With your mom coming out, do you have some fun things planned? I highly recommend any last minute grooming- it's tough to fit in a haircut with 2 newborns around. ;)

3. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

You're in home streeeeeeettch, you can do it!! And if your doctor is willing, a breech Baby B shouldn't automatically mean c-section unless it's a bad presentation, transverse, back first, something like that. My baby B was born feet first, no problem. You and your doc have to be comfortable with working it out as long as your babe is ok. Hang in there, almost done :yahoo:

4. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

I know it is getting tough, but try to enjoy these last few weeks! I can remember being 35 weeks and 5 days and just crying and crying because I was going to have to go back to work the next Monday (I was a teacher and we were on winter break). I just didn't know how I was going to survive because I was so tired, my ankles were swelling, I couldn't sleep, yada...yada...yada... I ended up going into labor the next day (New Year's Eve). Even though the girls had no complications, I wish they could have stayed in a bit longer. It will be here before you know it and then, there will be NO sleep (not to be a Debbie Downer or anything) so enjoy the quietness and no chaos just a little bit longer. Get yourself a good book and just try to relax a bit. Don't worry about the things you can't do (house, etc.).

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:youcandoit: you're almost there girl!!!!

Please do try and just relax and enjoy the last little bit of quiet time you have, it's about to get a little crazy...but good crazy.
    Since your mom is there early maybe she can help with the things that you dont have quite done that you wished you did.
    Take it easy, and keep us posted!

6. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

It's not a bad thing for twins to share a birthday, or even for cousins to. It just means a bigger party!

I remember feeling like I couldn't stretch any more, and then feeling like my belly was tearing, not just stretching. But I'm so glad I was able to go as long as I did (37w5d), and I'm sure you will be, too.

Have you talked to your Dr. about how he/she feels about baby B being breech? My Dr. was totally ok with it and in 20 years (and many, many twins) had only had one set of twins where baby B needed a c-section after baby A was delivered vaginally. I did almost become #2, when Sabrina turned transverse and didn't want to budge despite the attempted external version (i.e. Dr. jumping on my belly trying to turn her, LOL). So I was getting prepped for a c-section when her water broke and she dropped breech and with one push she was out. Turned out her cord was only about 7 inches long and she couldn't turn, it wasn't until the placenta dislodged that she could drop down into a breech position. She'd looked breech on the u/s because Sydney was so much bigger (almost 2 1/2 lbs bigger) and shoving her over that way. But even so, and even if I'd had the c-section, I'm glad things happened like they did. I had been so stressed about having a c-section if it wasn't necessary. But when I was getting prepped for it, I was totally at peace. I knew my Dr. and I had done everything we could to have a vaginal delivery and now I was blessed with the option to have an absolutely necessary c-section, since you can't have a sideways baby.

7. keirin

keirin Well-Known Member

Thanks for the encouragement. :)

Mom is helping me get things done - we organized the nursery closet today - and I am glad to at least have a little more energy lately to get a few things done.

My doctor is willing to try a vaginal delivery as long as A is head down and bigger... we've just discussed the possibility of having B via c section if she were to go into distress, turn sideways, etc. I'm just feeling anxious about it all of a sudden. More than I should, I think. Is it worth trying for a vaginal delivery? Non-medical people (friends, family, etc) are always so negative when I say that I'd like a vaginal delivery if I can... like it's impossible with twins!

I don't really think I'll go into labor tomorrow - still not even having contractions that I'm aware of! But I'll be glad when I get through the day so I can quit worrying about it. :)

8. keirin

keirin Well-Known Member

Both babies passed the BPP today with flying colors. My girl was practicing her breathing immediately when they looked at her - little stinker. Our boy this time had to be prodded a bit but started up within 5 minutes... it was the shortest ultrasound I've had the entire pregnancy! But I have to wait until next week (36) to get estimates on their weight. :( They told me last week they would do it this week but I had a different ultrasound tech and she was like "No, it's next week, it hasn't been quite four weeks yet since your last weight check". Sigh.

9. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Glad to hear the BPP went great! Cant wait for the weights update!