39 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Anaylor6, Jun 10, 2013.

1. Anaylor6

Anaylor6 Member

I am now 39 weeks along. I feel miserable! Aybody else make it this far or farther? I only know of one person who has made it this far and her twins are 27 years old and she doesnt fully remember what it was like.

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

You will meet your babies soon. :) Hang in there!

3. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

I went 39 weeks 1 day. I really do not like the idea of induction but at my 39 week appointment I thought very very very very hard about it. I was extremely uncomfortable and we were coming up on a holiday weekend. My OB was skeptical that any of the on-call docs would be willing to do a vaginal delivery.

I went into labor that night and she came in on her day off to deliver my babies and do a c-section for someone else.

Those last few weeks are really really tough but before long the babies will be here and you will be able to take deep breaths again.

PS - I showed no signs of labor at my 39 week appointment and less than 24 hours later they were here so it will literally be any day now!

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I had my twins at 40 weeks. I do remember being pretty large and uncomfortable, but I was also more scared of them being out than being in! :D

5. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I was miserable at 37.5 when I delivered. I can only imagine 39. But, as soon as you have them, most of those aches and pains are gone. From the moment of my epidural, I was a happy camper, even recovering from a csection. Just hang in a few more days, and this will all be a distant memory!

6. Krystine

Krystine Well-Known Member

I'm totally not there but congrats on making it full term!! That is great and just imagine how ready your babies will to be held and likely no NICU time or anything. I feel huge and fairly miserable at 29 so I can just imagine but I still think it's awesome you've made it that far.

7. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats on making it this far!!!

8. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Congrats on making it so far!!! I went to 38w2d and I do not have fond memories at all fo those last few weeks. Bones and muscles and other things going in the most unnatural directions!!! Wishing you an uneventful delivery very soon!!!

9. wvtwinmama

wvtwinmama Well-Known Member

I made it to 39 weeks and 1 day, and went into labor two days before I was scheduled to be induced. It's GREAT that you've made it this far! Mine were born huge (6.12 and 8 lbs even) and stayed in the room with us and were able to come home when I was discharged. The end is SO hard, but keep your eyes on the prize and try to rest and just do as little as possible.

10. chicagomama

chicagomama Well-Known Member

Honestly I didn't know it was possible to go that long! Most OBs I have come across induce by 38 weeks! Congratuations on going the distance...you are almost there!

11. Kkal474

Kkal474 Member

My twins were born at 38+5 and were big healthy babies (7lbs2oz and 8lbs4oz) and i was absolutely miserable. The good thing was that once I delivered I felt instantly better, even though I had a c-section!! You are almost there, you can do it!!