3rd birthday party planning help

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, May 10, 2012.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

planning a bday party (outdoors) for my LOs.
    i have a toy-story bounce house and a petting zoo. i know the petting zoo is not toy-story themed but my kids love animals, so it's something we do every year.

i was going to get a banner printed that said - PIZZA PLANET on it and serve pizza.

not sure if i should serve other things for the adults?
    also doing toy-story themed cupcakes for dessert.

need help. not sure if i should do crafts? (Maybe a mr. potato head craft with cut-outs of the pieces???) if they even need a craft?

looking for any help or advice anyone would be willing to offer.
    of course the petting zoo and bounce were pricey so i'd like to save money any place else but i'd also love to throw a bash. i love throwing them parties!!
    :)

party-goers, ages 7 months (lol - 1st grade) with parents.

ETA - favor ideas?

2. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

It sounds super fun and totally overwhelming at the same time, LOL! Spencer's birthday is the same week as your boys and I can't imagine doing more than a bounce house and petting zoo for he and others his age. I don't think you'd need a craft or anything else. But the first thing that came to mind for Toy Story activities is something like pin the tail on the donkey, but instead putting all the pieces on Mr. Potato Head... so like a drawing of him on poster board and then the kids putting paper pieces of all his parts on him, while blindfolded. That might work a little better for the older kids and even adults.

For favors, maybe an inexpensive cowboy (Woody or Jessie) hat? A sheriff's star? Or a slinky (like the dog)? A mini etch-a-sketch? Some green army men? A mini potato head? Those are all things that come to mind that could relate to the movies, that I've seen for $3-4 each or less, maybe even at Dollar Tree.

1 person likes this.
  3. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

I think with the other two activities you have planned you really wouldn't need crafts. That sounds so awesome! We had a princess visit at our party and we did a princess parade around the block and the kiddos could care less about my crafts. Same thing just happened to my friend at her daughter's party. I think help it be less overwhelming to yourself. The other thing is if you were going to do goody bags you could put a small craft in there from the michael's dollar section and then if they want to do it great, if not no biggie. Just a thought. If you wanted to do something cost effective you could print out toy story coloring sheets from the internet and then buy a buy of those 1 dollar water color paint strips...put out some cups of water and let them do some simple painting - painting is always a huge hit and those paints do not stain. Have fun!

4. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

thank-you for all the help.
    :)