4 year old shots

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by TwinsInOkinawa, May 19, 2011.

1. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

So we had the girls four year old check up today, identical weight, height, pulse, and temperature, but what I'm most proud of is they got their shots (4 pokes) with NO crying and NO problems. Naomi even watched Maya get hers.

I might have some health care workers here!

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Yeah! Good for them!!! My girls have their 4 year appointment in 2 weeks (bad mommy, soooo late!), and I'm dreading all the shots they'll need for school.

3. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

That is awesome!

Mine were terrified of their 5yo shots (I don't think we got any at age 4?), until they learned that starting at age 5, our ped's office uses something called a "shot blocker." Basically it's a piece of latex (or something rubbery and flexible) with little raised dots on it and a hole in the middle. You press it over the area where the shot goes and then do the shot in the middle, and it somehow distributes the sensation so that instead of one sharp poke, they just feel a slight pressure all over the whole area.

It was a miracle -- my kids said they couldn't even feel the shots. They don't use it for younger kids because the kid does have to be able to sit still voluntarily.

4. TwinsInOkinawa

TwinsInOkinawa Well-Known Member

That shot blocker thing sounds cool! We must be too far in the boondocks to have that kind if stuff. :)