4D U/S at 27 weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jennlynnmahan, Dec 4, 2006.

1. jennlynnmahan

jennlynnmahan Well-Known Member

I called to make an appointment to have 4D ultrasound done and the lady told me that I almost waited to late to call. She said they like to do them before 25 weeks with twins because they get squashed after that. Has anyone had any luck with these done around or after 27 weeks? We are paying out of pocket so I really hope it isn't a waste of money.

2. jennlynnmahan

I called to make an appointment to have 4D ultrasound done and the lady told me that I almost waited to late to call. She said they like to do them before 25 weeks with twins because they get squashed after that. Has anyone had any luck with these done around or after 27 weeks? We are paying out of pocket so I really hope it isn't a waste of money.

3. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

I would have to advise against it. I don't know how much your place charges, but ours was $150 and we had to pay it even though we were unable to get any good pictures. They offered us a re-do, so we went back and paid an additional $25, and the second time we were able to get a couple okay face shots, but definately not worth $175! And if we hadn't gotten anything better at the second attempt, we would have been out $175! A lot of women on this site have had multiple attempts at 3-d/4-d ultrasounds and were never able to get anything good. But I know how tempting it is... so do what you feel is best, but if I had it to do over again, knowing what I know now, I would not do it.
    Do you see a peri? Sometimes they offer 3-d u/s as part of their services. I had to go to a level 2 u/s and they did a quick peek 3-d which was as good as the session we had paid for.
    If you look through the recent posts, you will find one labeled "Its girls and 3-d pics" by Chels... look at the links to her 3-d pics... these are some examples of what would be the best case scenario. She wasn't as far as you, so her babies had a little more room. My pics of my boy all had a huge "hole" looking thing in his head.
    Good luck with your decision! (sorry this ended up so long!)
    Helen

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

We did it and NEVER got a good picture of either baby!

5. jennlynnmahan

I just don't know what to do seeing your replies. Since it took two IVF's to get pregnant there is a good chance we may never get this chance again. I hate to take that chance, but then I hate to waste money on something that might not be worth it. We have seen pictures from this place and they are amazing. Of course they have just been with one baby. We are supposed to get pictures, a CD, and a DVD. I am wondering even if the pictures don't turn out if the DVD would be worth it.

6. kuchar

kuchar Well-Known Member

What is the name of the place you are planning on going to? Do they have any sort of guarantee or re-do policy? Maybe you could go in and see some of the pictures they are doing, it might be a more realistic view of their work rather than their "best of the best" that they show as examples. We also bought a package from our place that included the cd, dvd and some pictures. But the first attempt was so bad there wasn't a single picture we would have printed. You could probably think of their sample pictures the same as the before and after models for Slimfast or Jenny Craig... it "could" happen, but those results are definately not typical.
    I really am sorry to be so negative about this, but when I was done with our session I just sat and cried. My husband wouldn't even go back with me for the re-do.
    Helen

7. jennlynnmahan

It is called Baby Views. The example that we saw was actually from a friend's session, so I think it is probably pretty typical of what they do. The one on their website is even better, but I was more expecting what our friends had done. I have not asked about a re-do, but surely they would if we couldn't get a single picture.

Was your DVD that you received clear?

8. jennlynnmahan

Has anyone ever had a good experience? This is a place that specializes in 4D ultrasounds, not a doctor's office.

9. Eimear

Eimear Well-Known Member

I had with my last baby (singleton) but not with my twins. we tried 3 times and there was always too much stuff in the way and they were very squashed!