6 year old boy floating away in home made balloon

Discussion in 'General' started by twinbears, Oct 15, 2009.

1. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

Maybe he is just off having an adventure like that little dog Napoleon? Ok, that was wrong just kidding...I hope they find him soon:(

WHAT?!?

2. Lynz

Lynz Active Member

Now that he was found, I really wonder if this was some publicity stunt. How SERIOUSLY can his brother sit there and say he saw his brother climb into that basket? How did this kid get up into the attic without the parents seeing him? This seems so fishy at the moment to me.

They had the mother on MSNBC that switched with the Heene mom, and this lady was as koo-koo as this kid's mom, she claims to be psychic and said herself she originally thought it was a publicity stunt (what it sounded like she said).

ANYWAYS--- I'm happy he was found safe and sound and whatever happened, hope he and possibly the entire family has learned a lesson.

3. Orestia

Orestia Well-Known Member

I have a few tears of relief in my eyes and am so happy that he was found alive and well. Now everyone needs a spanking (that includes mom & dad).

4. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I am glad also that he was found alive and that he was never inside the balloon. The brother seriously needs some counseling and so does the whole family.

I never saw the family on wife swap but have to imagine they had to have some issues to make it on the show in the first place.

5. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I had never heard of this family before today, but wow, they sound really troubled. I hope (to give the parents the benefit of the doubt) at least it was just one of the kids making things up and not realizing how much trouble it would cause, rather than the parents doing this deliberately.

You couldn't pay me to watch Wife Swap, but I agree with Cheryl, I would doubt the mental stability of any parents who wanted and were chosen to be on it.

6. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

I heard about this on the News here in Australia. How crazy.. they definately have some issues. :unsure:

7. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

My only thought is that maybe he did go into the balloon, but then got scared and ran to hide? He might have disconnected the tether, got scared, and ran to hide?

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think this is what happened, I am glad he was found safe.

9. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Everything I have read about their Wifeswap episodes is that dad has anger issues. I bet the 6yo triggered it to release and then got scared about what his dad would do. The older brother may have seen him fiddling with the balloon and assumed he was in there. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a complete hoax.

10. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

this article says that in a live interview the little boy says he heard his family calling his name... what he said was kind of interesting...

During a live interview with CNN, Falcon said he had heard his family calling his name.

"You did?" Mayumi Heene said.

"Why didn't you come out?" Richard Heene said.

Falcon answered, "You had said that we did this for a show."

11. TwinsItIs

A six year old can easily misunderstand. Saying it's for the show might be talking about the balloon and the fact that he released the tether and they 'lost' it, got him scared. At least that's how I see it.

12. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

This has been one crazy thing after another. Although I am glad that the poor kid was not in that balloon and home safe.
    Those paretns though :girl_devil: if they did plan this out I sure hope they get punished for it.

13. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

First thing that came to my mind was publicity stunt as well. They have been on more than 2 reality shows...they like the tv....I truly believe it will come out later that it was all a hoax and they should have to pay the costs for the "Rescue".

14. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

While it easily could have been a publicity stunt, I think it also could have just have easily been a little boy who was scared of getting in trouble. I'm just glad he's safe. Hopefully the parents will learn a few safety lessons from this.

15. ehm

ehm Banned

Surprised no one has mentioned what he said on Larry King last night about it being for show and the poor thing on the morning shows this morning vomiting over and over. On GMA it didn't even look like the mom was going to go with her sick boy until Diane asked her if she was going to go and told it was okay if she did. The Today Show she had the bucket all ready for him. Sorry but that boy looked miserable and if he was my kid there would no way I would have allowed him to be on TV like that. Screams stunt more and more with each passing moment!

16. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

It does. That is so sad for those kids.

17. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

that is what I was thinking too -

18. Gordana

Gordana Well-Known Member

I think the whole thing was a PR stunt. These parents are absolutely ridiculous.

19. Daseechain

Daseechain Well-Known Member

The boys did not release the balloon, the parents did. There is a video of the dad doing a countdown and letting the balloon go. I guess he was annoyed that the mom didn't hold onto a tether, but I didn't see that in the video. Just so bizarre.

I am so glad the boy is safe, I feel awful for him that he was getting sick on the morning shows this morning. I do think it was a hoax, though.

Sara

20. Lynz

Lynz Active Member

I think it is FLAT out appalling that this little boy came out and said plain as day about this being for show. Why would a 6 y/o make that sort of thing up? Then seeing the video of the balloon being released, it was a flat out stunt in my eyes. My husband and I watched the ongoing coverage of this last night and I watched the updates this morning.

I honestly have to say that these kids need to be taken away from their parents. (my husband said that, literally) I tend to agree, because apparently these parents are scattered headed and like the attention they have been getting since being back on Wife Swap. They don't disipline their kids in any stern way, not to say I don't believe in spanking or grounding. But these kids need to have structure and find out there's a right way of doing something and a wrong way. I think they only see one way and that's the wrong way, but they think its ok and right. I do NOT know any parent who will let their 5 year old (this was when they were on the show) curse and jump off a balcony and show no respect or any type of manners.

If I was the State of Colorado, I would monitor these parents very closely for the next while and deem these parents fit or unfit to take care of them. To me, what they are doing is just crazy.

I hope for the sake of those 3 boys, the family will get counseling and the parents go to some sort of class to get their kids under control. Maybe Super Nanny will make the next show they are on, one where she whips these parents and kids into shape. There's a show they need to get signed up for. PERIOD!

21. TwinsItIs

I watched Richard speaking to the media and man! He has some issues. He couldn't focus on the camera even once. Almost no eye contact.

22. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

23. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

One of the questions I had on this story (and I haven't seen the answer online) is are these boys home-schooled? I thought this happened during school hours yet it appears the entire family was home. If so, is it the mom or dad who home-schools them? Does anyone in the family appear to have a typical job?

24. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I thought I read in one of the news articles, the local schools were off for the day and that is why the boys were home (but I could have misread too) As for the parents, I'm not sure. But if authorities are pressing charges, this family looks to be in a big heap of trouble.

25. ehm

ehm Banned

I too heard it was a day off from school.

I heard yesterday (although it was a random TV in a store that happened to be on a channel with an update so I am not sure the validity) that the family called the local TV station 20 minutes before they called 911.

26. cjk2002

cjk2002 Well-Known Member

This is what's confusing for me about the boy hiding in the garage for 5 hours. I do remember seeing them on Wife Swap and the kids were out of control. To me it seemed like they got away with everything and the parents had the "boy's will be boy's" attitude.

If they have such a care free attitude about raising their kids, why would Falcon be so upset and hide for 5 hours? Yes, the Dad has some major anger issues but I really don't think that is the reason he was in the garage.

My theory on this is that they were testing the balloon and it got unteathered (sp?). I'm pretty sure that A. It cost a lot of money and B. They were afraid of what would happen to them with it being up in the sky without letting anyone know about it and they were hoping to get it back undamaged. If it got away and someone like the FAA seen it, they most likely would of shot it down. By saying Falcon was in it, they knew it would come back in one piece.

They estimated the cost at $28,000 for the rescue. I think the parents should be held responsible for paying back the state.

27. 4jsinPA

This whole thing is getting so ridiculous. The family has major issues and I feel sorry for those kids. The dad has been itching to being on tv. I think its funny it blew up in his face. I hope the kids are able to get some counseling. How sad the dad made the boy hide for that long for the show. Seriously who could do that to their kid?

28. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

The latest is that it was definitely a hoax... they were apparently wanting to start their own reality show and all the kids knew about the hoax. One of the charges is contributing to the delinquency of a minor... I guess because one of the children told the police he saw his brother go in the balloon?
    Article

29. Lynz

Lynz Active Member

Twinstuff- They boys were homeschooled when they were on the show Wife Swap, so I assume they still are.

Good riddens to the charges being filed. This whole family is nuts. They should have to pay the state back. I read also DCFS is involved with seeing if the boys are in a safe enviroment since the dad has issues with his temper.

30. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

Agree...they should have to foot the bill for the entire rescue operation! Serious family issues. Saw some footage of the wife swap episode that they were on. The father has a vicious temper. The young children use extreme 4 letter curse words in practically every other sentence. They make "Jon and Kate" look mild!

You don't always get want you want in life....you get want you need. Perhaps all of the fall out from this hoax might be the intervention that this father needs and hopefully in the end helps their children in some way.

31. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I have not seen many episodes of Wife Swap but the Heenes' episode was one I had seen. You are right, Debbi. The dad had a vicious temper. :eek:

I wonder what will happen to those kids.

32. Lynz

Lynz Active Member

I read this on CNN just now...

These kids need to be taken away. I don't care what the parents say, the dad needs anger management classes! Well it won't matter if they are charged with conspiracy and sent away for 6 years. But I can't imagine a foster family taking these kids in with how they are. Whoever would take them on would have a long road ahead. Why I say Super Nanny needs to be called. ;)

33. 4jsinPA

Seeing how bad he wants to be on reality tv....that is probably in his plans too. He would obviously just love that!

34. Lynz

Lynz Active Member

That's true 4J's, but they need it more than anyone I have ever seen on TV!

35. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member