6w2d gestational sac yolk sac but no embryo yet?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twotwins, Dec 13, 2010.

1. twotwins

twotwins Active Member

I went today for my 6w2d ultrasound and we saw gestational sac yolk sac but no embryo yet. My beta hcg are good, doubling as it should, and the doctors were quite reassuring not to worry it is still early, but I have to admit that I am quite worried...Does anybody had similar situations with good results?when are you supposed to see embryo?Thank you in advance!

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

At that age, I think you are right on schedule! Sounds like the doctors are not worried. Are you scheduled for another ultrasound in a few weeks to double check?

3. twotwins

twotwins Active Member

yes I am supposed to go in next week for a recheck... thank you for the good words.I was worried because at the beginning they were trying to find the sac (the yolk sac) and they sound a bit strange but when they saw it they were quite reassuring.

4. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

In a regular ultrasound anything before 7 weeks is pretty unlikely to see the embryo. Some facilities will do a transvaginal ultrasound that early especially on a pacient with a history of loss or multiples. Try not to worry, next week will come faster than you think.

5. eehrlich

eehrlich Well-Known Member

i had the same experience we went back at 9 wks and it was twins. the early days are hard. dont worry until someone tells you to worry.

6. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sounds normal for that gestation. One day makes a huge difference that early. A lot of drs won't do u/s before 7 weeks bc a lot of people don't see fetal pole before then and just causes stress. Seeing a yolk sac is a great sign!

7. momof6

momof6 Well-Known Member

I was 6wk 2 days when we went in for an ultrasound and found out it was twins. We saw 2 sacs but no embryos. We were devastated thinking the worse but the tech said we just looked early. 3 days later I started to spot and went in right away... not only could we see embryos but we saw and heard heartbeats!!! In only 3 days!!! The spotting was nothing at all and we just have healthy 2 week old twins!!! You may also be a little earlier than you thought also! I am sure it is all perfect!!