7 months and still waking up for bottles in the middle of the night?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by LB, Apr 2, 2009.

1. LB

LB Well-Known Member

What am I doing wrong? The twins were sleeping 12 hours straight by 4 mo and I have a 7 months old that wakes up between 12-2 am...he seems hungry as he sucks the entire 6 oz..then wakes up again between 5-6 for another one????
    His schedule is:
    5-6am 6 oz.
    7-8 -cereal and fruit about alittle less than a 1/4 cup
    10 -6 oz bottle (started putting cereal in this one thinking he needs more)
    12- one container of veggies and half of fruit
    2- 6 oz bottle no cereal in it
    530- 6 oz bottle with cereal then bed.

I've tried not giving him the bottle around 12-2 but then he will wake up again around 3 or so for it anyway..I thought he was getting enough during the day...what am I doing wrong????

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Could be that he just needs that bottle still, especially since he is taking a full 6 ounces. Mine were just like that. They didnt STTN until 9 months and then they just stopped. GL!

3. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

Jack and Lily did not sttn until 9 mos. He may just still need it!

4. Gimena

Gimena Well-Known Member

Like my pedi said...just try doing different thing as the baby changes... what worked last month will not necessarily work this one...
    this is what I do ...mine are STTN from 6:30 until 6 or 6:30 am..but as you know "every baby is different :D"

7 am bottle- 7 oz
    10-11 bottle 7 oz- (depending on what time they wake up from their moring nap)
    1:30-2 bottle (once again, depending on nap and what we are doing)
    4:30 ceral/veggies and fruit
    6:00 bath- 6:30 bottle 7 0z- bed

DS drinks a little less--6 tops, but he also STTN

I do not give them fruit or veggies after they eat because of reflux...otherwise they would be sitting or spitting up all day...
    This way they still get the foods/practice they need...

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Mine didn't STTN until 8 months. We tried a dream feed and then we gradually moved it back from midnight to 10pm. Then at 8 months they were totally out for the 10pm bottle so we let it go and they've been STTn ever since. It just takes some kids a little longer. :hug:

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

All babies are different. My twins were still insisting on eating at night at 2 years old! They were rotten sleepers to begin with though. Evan (11 months) still gets up to eat.. those are his best feedings!

7. totalee001

totalee001 Well-Known Member

Only 1 of my boys insist on waking up at 2am for a bottle. I am not sure why because he eats plenty during the day. However, he does not wake every night at 2am sometimes he sttn. I guess with him it just depends on if he is hungry or not. They are growing boys.

8. becky5

becky5 Guest

Do you think he would take a bottle every 3 hours during the day?