7 years old and tv

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by ddancerd1, Mar 3, 2015.

1. ddancerd1

ddancerd1 Well-Known Member

What are your 7 year olds watching on tv? I'm not down with the preteen stuff on Disney, but think it's about time to move on from the cartoony stuff (besides Wild Kratts...they love that show lol)....I guess I'm asking what NON cartoon shows do your 7 year olds watch?

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine still like most of the cartoon stuff.  They like Wander Over Yonder on Disney XD.  They've watched Dog With A Blog and Austin and Aly but they are not really into those shows.  

3. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Mine have watched Lab Rats, but they really prefer Wild Kratts or other nature/science shows to anything else.  

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Mine will watch a lot of the shows on Discovery channel, History channel and The Animal Planet.   They especially like Modern Marvels, How things are made, Brain Games (I think that one's on National Geographic channel), the Turlte Man and the Gator Boys.   They like a little Food Network too.  

5. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Oh and Ana loves cupcake wars, and Meara loves house hunters :) 

6. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Soccer.

I don't watch as much tv(or what they watch), as I should. Probably because Anthony always has his nose in a book, lol.

That said-they all love game shows. Family Feud and Who Wants to be a Millionaire. History channel is big too. Anthony especially loves that channel. Of late-titanic, and they saw, and enjoyed, the Sons of Liberty(my husband has no qualms on showing them shows for an older crowd...). Dog with a blog isn't bad, as well as Jessie. Anything on Food Network is great. We watched the last two episodes of Master Chef and they (especially Anthony), were enthralled!

I miss TGIF from when we were growing up! Dh and I were saying there are no real shows like that on tv anymore.

7. ddancerd1

Thanks, all. My girls love the science shows, too, like How It's Made...anything weather related...
    I guess I was just wondering if maybe they're too old for the nick Jr stuff...
    I guess we're ok then! I mean, they only watch tv on the weekends anyway, cuz we're too busy during the week

8. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Dannielle-my kids LOVE the show Brain Games, they also watch Full House (ugh!) Good Luck Charlie, Austin and Allie, Spongebob, but they still watch Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Paw Patrol too.
    I highly recommend Brain Games, I bet your girls would love that!  Oh and Liv and Maddie (its preteen, but funny and about TWINS! :)

9. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Ours love Brain Games too! 
    And they also love the different How It's Made shows. 

Jason loves nature documentaries. Anything animal or weather related and he's on it. LOL 
    Reagan loves watching dances and things like that. She can spend hours on YouTube watching other people's recitals if I'd let her. 

10. ddancerd1

What channel is Brain Games on???

11. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

National Geographic Channel

12. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

It's on netflix right now too!

13. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Mine love Mythbusters...oh and Meaghan they watched Sons of Liberty also (Ian is VERY into the revolution) - we just fast forwarded through the sex.

14. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

No TV here, just Netflix pretty much. And we were watching Star Wars Rebels (but skipping commercials).