9 1/2 month old and finger foods?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jacook82, Dec 20, 2011.

1. jacook82

jacook82 Active Member

Both my boys have 4 top teeth and 2 bottom, I'm not sure if that matters however. One eats the puffs, so I was wondering when to transition him from baby food to a bit more solids? Like chopped up macaroni cheese like you and I would eat? I'm so scared that they will choke but the baby food mac and cheese is so watery that I know he can take more. I know he is only 9 1/2 months beut seems like the one twin just wants so much more! thanks!

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two were eating exactly what we ate by 9 months (pasta, pancakes, steamed veggies, chicken nuggets etc). I say try it! Just make sure to overcook the noodles a bit. :)

3. E's 3

E's 3 Well-Known Member

My girls were also eating what we were eating by 9 months, even before. I would overcook the veggies to make sure they were soft enough and I did a lot of baked veggies, potatoes, sweet potatoes, squash, that sort of thing. They only had 2 bottom teeth at that point so I'm not sure the teeth thing matters I think it's more if they are interested or not...if they want it go for it!!!

4. VinthelandATL

VinthelandATL Member

My boys will be 10 months next week. I no longer buy jarred food. They eat table food. Not necessarily what we eat but still table food. Pancakes, cheerios, scrambled eggs, mac and cheese, sweet potato fries, ice cream, applesauce, carrot chunks, spaghetti, chicken and rice, soup. With my first, I was so picky about what she ate that I think i contributed to her difficulties gaining weight around age 1. This time I decided to skip the sugar free and organic everything and give the twins some calories. They were preemies so they are already below the 10th percentile.

5. jacook82

jacook82 Active Member

thanks for all the advice. I started slowly giving table food. They had some mashed potatoes and I chopped up some mac and cheese and chef beefaroni. they seemed to like it! i cant wait to rid the jar food. its such a pain to buy and expensive.