9 weeks to go and totally freaking out

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by eehrlich, Jul 2, 2010.

1. eehrlich

eehrlich Well-Known Member

I am just soooo tired and feel like I never get a break....I cant wait for this to be over and get some energy back, but am so sad at loosing our family as it is right now. Anyone feel this way the 2nd time around??

2. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yes I felt that way too! I loved being pregnant but towards the end I was so sad that I could barely give the twins their bath bc of my belly! That being said, I also felt sad and guilty about changing our family the way it was. I felt bad that the boys' world was going to be flipped topsy turvy but with that being said, its been my issue! The twins had a rough few first days (they were also sick though too!) and have since fallen into a nice routine. They have adjusted well....I still however have my guilty Mama days...guess that will never end though!

3. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

In general I would say that I enjoy being pregnant but being pregnant while having to care for other children is SO exhausting. I look forward to having my body back, but I am feeling like I want the baby to stay in as long as possible (twins were preemies)! I have a lot of anxiety over how I will handle the twins + our new addition.

I also have a tremendous amount of guilt, like I can't be the best mom I can be right now and the fact that they won't be our babies anymore. I feel like I have jipped them out of all the love and attention they deserve. I try to remember that the boys will love having a little brother and imagine that they will have so much fun growing up together being so close in age. I am glad to know I am not the only one with these feelings.

4. eehrlich

eehrlich Well-Known Member

I guess that the first time around I was so preoccupied with the twin pregnancy and making it through that in one piece that I never though about after. Also I didn't have any kids and had no idea what was coming. I remember feeling a little sad at the thought of my life becoming chaotic, but not like this. I nearly broke down in tears while watching my girls eat their lunch today. I just love them so much. Not like having another baby will change that, but I feel like it will change the whole dynamic of the family. And while change is often good, I feel terrified of this one. I am glad to see that others feel the same way - it helps when you realize that you arent going insane all alone :).

5. samiam1229

samiam1229 Well-Known Member

I agree with all those sentiments!! I wonder how I am going to get through one day with my Tommy Trouble and a newborn (and convince Charlize that the baby is not her plaything).

To top that off, I am so cranky and I feel bad when they annoy me, which is almost constantly with the heat wave that has come in. I am usually the happiest pregnant chick, but not this time. My hubby says that I am always conplaining about something, it makes me sad to think that I'm like that, but I just can't help it.... These raging hormones are making me nuts!!!

I love looking at these posts, thanks mommas :)

6. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Well, I had a very easy twin pregnancy and this pregnancy has been anything but easy. I am done! I feel bad that I keep complaining and saying that, but I honestly cannot wait to be done and move on to the next chapter with our little man. I have had many feelings of guilt of what are we doing to our family by bringing in a new baby and when I was on IVs at the beginning of my pregnancy and not able to do much with the kids. Even now (where I can barely bend!) I do feel bad for my kids. I feel like I am constantly telling them, "mommy needs to rest, or can you help mommy pick that up," etc... You are definitely not alone. :hug: