90210: New Generation? (merged)

Discussion in 'General' started by moski, Apr 29, 2008.

1. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I just saw a blurb on the news that the CW is doing a remake of 90210! Here is a story from People. I guess they had wanted Hilary Duff to be in it, but she turned it down (that was today's story).

2. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I followed your link, and read more about it. Not sure it will be something I will watch... but you never know!

3. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

Dag, you know you are getting old when shows you were already an adult for the first time around are being "remade." I loved 90210 but I loved Melrose Place more.

4. moski

QUOTE(marieber @ Apr 30 2008, 04:03 PM) [snapback]748658[/snapback]
    Dag, you know you are getting old when shows you were already an adult for the first time around are being "remade." I loved 90210 but I loved Melrose Place more.

I loved Melrose! On quiet Saturday mornings, when everyone's asleep, I sneak down to the family room and watch it on SoapNetwork!

5. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I TIVO Melrose everyday 2 episodes.They show them in order during the week.

6. Chrissy Nelson

7. moski

8. Chrissy Nelson

Donna is coming back too!!! Now if Brenda comes back!!

9. Debbell

Debbell New Member

I really loved the tv show but I can't imagine what the movie will be like. :rolleyes:

10. ehm

ehm Banned

QUOTE(Debbell @ May 14 2008, 07:09 AM) [snapback]772323[/snapback]
    I really loved the tv show but I can't imagine what the movie will be like. :rolleyes:

Isn't the remake a tv show? I think the article said something about the CW doing it which lead me to believe it was going to be another series?

11. moski

QUOTE(ehm @ May 14 2008, 09:19 AM) [snapback]772515[/snapback]
    Isn't the remake a tv show? I think the article said something about the CW doing it which lead me to believe it was going to be another series?

You are right, it is a TV show.

12. caba

caba Banned

I will definitely watch this ... I grew up with these characters ... so i'm ready to relive my youth! haha ... I think my class was a year off of the BH kids ... I think I graduated HS a year before they did ... I LOVED BH and MP ... So I will def give this a chance ... plus, I like teen dramas (yeah, I really don't want to grow up!)

13. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Here is the link to the new 90210 spinoff that is starting next fall on the CW. Apparently, Jenni Garth is going to return as Kelly Taylor. She will be a guidance counselor at West Beverly High.

14. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

It will be interesting to see if there will be anything original about this show. The old series ran so long it will be interesting if they can keep it fresh feeling. That said I don't think I even get The CW so it won't be on my watch list.

15. missmomoftwins02

missmomoftwins02 Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to this one too! Tori Spelling MIGHT be on it too...it kinda depends on how things go with her new baby. I was reading this in TV Guide yesterday.

16. Lisa R

Lisa R Well-Known Member

I might try to catch it once or twice to see how it goes. I was absolutely addicted to this show when it was originally on. I graduated in the class of '93 (just like they did) and it was fun to go through all of the same milestones at the same time. Now that I'm older with kids, I don't know if the same excitement will be there. I'm going to give it a try.

17. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

my 14yo dd told me about this,but they can never be as good as the old ones IMO!!! We don't that channel here so doesn't matter unless they show it on something else,etc...

18. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

So I was wondering if anyone actually plans on watching this? I liked the first one, but I was in HS. I just don't think I would be interested in seeing it again. I guess Shannon Dougherty & Jenny Garth are both set to appear.

19. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I grew up on 90210! I graduated HS the same year they did (93), so I was very into the show ("Donna Martin graduates!").

Anyone know when its going to start? Anyone else feel a little sad for the original characters who are going to back on it? I wonder if they'll get the peach pit guy back too.

20. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(Leighann @ Jul 24 2008, 02:45 PM) [snapback]894082[/snapback]
    I wonder if they'll get the peach pit guy back too.

Yup, Joe E Tata is going to be on the new show ... I'm so excited for this ... I think it starts in the fall.

21. Leighann

OMG Joe E Tata!!! I'm laughing here at my desk at work remembering all those nights watching 90210 with my BFF laughing about his name.

22. caba

caba Banned

Yeah, I was a year ahead of the BHers (graduated in 92) ... but we all got together in college every week to watch both that and Melrose ... I've got to give this one a shot ... I wonder if Luke Perry or Jason Priestly will show up!

23. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I am going to definitely give it a shot! It may totally stink but hey, it's not like its competing with the LOST time slot or anything!

24. Dianna

Dianna Well-Known Member

I am looking forward to this. Will probably be horrible, but will check out a few episodes...and I also DVR the two episodes a day of Melrose!! Love it!!

Dianna

25. Jberman

Jberman Well-Known Member

I am not sure if I will watch the whole season, but I think that I will watch at least the first couple of episodes. I remember the orgional (although I was 5 years under class wise) but I enjoyed the show for the first couple of seasons, after I think 96 I stopped watching the show though.

26. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Ya gotta try it!! :D It'll be a guilty pleasure for sure.

27. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I totally missed this thread when it got started!! I just saw the preview last night for it and I'm pumped!! As a HUGE fan of the original, I will definitely be checking this out. I miss the OC too, so maybe this will fill that void a little bit. :D

28. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

This starts tonight. I plan to watch. Hope it will be a good show.

29. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We are watching right now and in the guest credits was Adam Gregory. There is a Canadian Country music singer named Adam Gregory. Totoally shocked us. Its not the same guy, I had to check.

Its quite interesting so far. Brandon had to leave since we were being total girls about it.

30. moski

Watching it! My husband thinks I'm a loser. But he always said that when I watched the re-runs of the old show.

31. 4kidsmomexpectingtwins

4kidsmomexpectingtwins Well-Known Member

I got to see bits and pieces of it last night. I DVR'd it so I will watch it today while everyone is gone. I love that Rob Estes is on it.. what a hottie! I use to love watching him in Silk Stockings on USA. Cool to see Shannon, Genie and Joe on there. I see that "Jackie" (can't remember her real name) is going to be on next week. Seems like it may not be a bad show. Kind of looking forward to watching it with my teen. LOL... hard to believe I was her age when I started watching the original! I am getting sooooo old!

Yeah, I was a year ahead of the BHers (graduated in 92) ... but we all got together in college every week to watch both that and Melrose ... I've got to give this one a shot ... I wonder if Luke Perry or Jason Priestly will show up!

Hey Erica... I am class of '92, also. My brother was the same as they were, '93.

Edited to say... BTW.. Luke Perry- definately! MMMMM!

32. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

We both watched it and are annoyed that now we have yet another show we are addicted to. LOL I figured I'd like it but i was really surprised that dh did too.

33. Leighann

OH NO! I can't believe I missed it.

34. caba

caba Banned

Leighann, I'm pretty sure they are replaying it Thursday night frm 8-10pm. Set the Tivo.

I really liked it. I'm such a total dork I can't help it. I loved Annie, the main girl. She's really cute.

And I like Silver. Oh man, I am such a 12 year old girl.

35. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Leighann @ Sep 3 2008, 11:30 AM) [snapback]960694[/snapback]
    OH NO! I can't believe I missed it.

ME TOO!!!

QUOTE(caba @ Sep 3 2008, 01:55 PM) [snapback]961060[/snapback]
    Leighann, I'm pretty sure they are replaying it Thursday night frm 8-10pm. Set the Tivo.

I really liked it. I'm such a total dork I can't help it. I loved Annie, the main girl. She's really cute.

And I like Silver. Oh man, I am such a 12 year old girl.

Thanks for the info Erica!! I am sure I will be a 12 yr. old girl right along with you, but will have to watch first!! :lol: