A couple of logistical questions...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by babyhopes09, Dec 11, 2010.

1. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

Okay.... now that we're seeing our betas go up I'm starting to wonder what kinds of changes I need to be making in my daily life with my twins... anyone know if it's safe to wear a baby front carrier and can I still carry both baby carseats at the same time?? I was also wondering what other people do to get through morning sickness while taking care of young twins-? My DH and I are still trying to wrap our minds around all of this! I feel like I'm running myself ragged during the day with my LO's and working part-time, but after having a successful pregnancy and 2 m/c's I've come to the conclusion that there isn't a lot that can be done rest-wise to deter a m/c if it is inevitable... my DH thinks I'm overdoing it and not being as careful as I need to be.. any thoughts??? Thanks ladies! Your support is really getting me through these first couple of weeks!

2. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

I would be careful with the lifting because you can throw your back out and that would make it really hard to do anything.

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I have been fighting with the same thing. I have been really careful I do not lift my girls (but they are 3) I do not do several things that I used to do but the things I do - sometimes I feel so guilty but this is my everyday life it is not like I have taken up a new sport or something - I figure my body is used to certain things and as long as I do not do crazy things I should be ok. Like you said nothing will prevent a m/c if it is going to happen. If my twins were little like yours, I would be careful and only carry both babies if I had to and I probably would not carry both carseats at once but there are times you may have to and I would not stress too bad over it. Do what you have to do and if there is a way around it don't.

4. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My twins were 10 months and already switched to convertible carseats when I got pregnant and I lifted and carried both of them into daycare through the whole winter. Once it got warmer out and both could walk really well we practiced holding hands and walking to the car:) As for resting...I laid on the floor a lot to help ease m/s and play with the boys without having to rough house it too much. Take advantage of the fact that they can't run from you yet;)

5. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

What is the reason not to do any lifting? I was never advised not to lift my kids. My twins weigh almost 30 lbs. I lifted them throughout my pregnancy and after delivery (vaginal birth) without any problems.

6. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

Amber: I thought it was to avoid hurting your back cause your ligaments are loose and your muscles are stretching so it is easier to throw your back out.

7. Kristin N

Kristin N Well-Known Member

Our boys are also in convertible car seats and I just keep the combi double stroller in the back of the car and whenever we need to go anywhere I just toss them in there, even if it's a quick trip (like picking up dd from preschool) As for the ms I would agree to just try to lay around as much as possible...lay on the floor with your lo's while they play, commit yourself to sit and read a book while they nap, etc. There's only so much you can do, just listen to your body and take it easy when you need to.

8. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

A baby carrier (snugli/sling/wrap), if it's set up ergonomically for you, is going to be a lot easier on your ligaments than using the infant carrier, which forces you to put the weight away from your center of gravity.