A couple questions, perhaps you can help with?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Kimani, May 17, 2008.

1. Kimani

Kimani Well-Known Member

I was wondering about when everyone has felt their babies move? I read somewhere that you tend to feel them earlier when their twins, and I swear I've felt them around 9 weeks. I've been pregnant before and it feels just like when my son would flop around. But I've read that that's too early. I can't find on when you usually do feel movement with twins.

Also I've been having these strange cramps that happen after I'm curled up on a couch and go to stand up and it feels like part of my uterus won't stretch. I feel like I'm going to tear apart and have to curl up for a while cause it hurts so badly and its usually on my left side. Anyone experience this or heard of this?

Last one, when did everyone start getting braxton hicks? I think I might have already started getting them but I'm afraid its too soon.

Sorry with so many questions, I just moved to a very small town and just found out I'm having twins last week when I went to visit my old doctor from where I just moved and I have to arrange for a new doctor in the neighboring town because this town is so small there aren't any OB/GYN's here. Hopefully I'll get a doctor by the end of next week!

2. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Hi-

I felt my twins move around 14-16 weeks and they were my second pregnancy. Every pregnancy is different and some have different placements in the womb allowing women to feel it sooner or later in the pregnancy.

The cramps sound like maybe your uterus is stretching and you are experiencing some round ligament pain when you get up or move suddenly. I had a lot of this kind of pain you are describing. However, if the cramps are really painful you might at least want to notify your OB.

I started getting BH contractions at about 16 weeks. Some days I would have more than others but really a day never went by until delivery that I didnt have any from that point on. I was a nervous wreck about them, but just before my c-section my Dr did an exam and I was still not dialated a bit from all of them. But if they are getting stronger and coming a regular intervals and you cant get them to stop without putting your feet up and drinking a ton of water, then call the OB.

Congrats on your pregnancy.

3. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your twin pregnancy! :D

I first felt flutterings at 8 weeks and thought I was imagining it but it happened several times and again at 11 weeks. After that I didnt really feel proper movement until 18-20 weeks or so. This is my first pregnancy.

I get that pain aswell. It´s most likely the weight of the babies and your position. As DATJMom says, its probably round ligament pain too. Its a good idea to stretch slowly then gradually move to a standing position. I know it hurts like crazy then it goes. I agree, mention it to your OB.

I started getting BHs at around 29 weeks. When I started spotting at 31 weeks, I went straight to hospital and they discovered that a UTI was causing the BHs. Saying that, it is normal to experience some BHs but not as often as I was! Luckily the doctors were able to stop them though it took over 24 hours to do so and I wasn´t dilating. I suggest timing your BHs and if you´re having them at regular intervals and rest and drinking water doesnt help, go straight to the hospital.

GL!

4. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I felt my twins move at 16 weeks, it was my second pregnancy. I never had BH with either of my pregnancies, that I know of at least. :huh:

5. Kimani

Kimani Well-Known Member

Thanks!

If I'm having BH they aren't regular at all, perhaps every few days. I had them a lot with my son which helped with my delivery, 4 hours! Just want to make sure it isn't too soon to start getting them.

I'll have to look up round ligament pain, thanks.

Still trying to set up an OB here, I lived 4 and a half hours away from my older clinic and its closed on weekends.

Never imagined moving would be so difficult when it comes to getting proper care!

6. laura305

laura305 Well-Known Member

i felt mine at 14 weeks but i wasnt sure it was them till about 17. :D then i felt them really start moving..

7. kj427

kj427 Well-Known Member

I thought I was crazy too, but I felt mine first around 11 weeks. I've had two other previous pregnancies and it felt just like it did with them. Around 14 weeks I was positive it was them moving.