A question or two from someone new

Discussion in 'General' started by bijoux, Apr 27, 2014.

1. bijoux

bijoux Member

Hi everyone,

I'm Bijoux and I have a twin brother.  I really love being a twin and all the added benefits of it (shared memories, study buddy, friendship) and have stumbled upon this forum. 
    [SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]This Questionnaire is for my HSC Personal Interest Project (P.I.P) on the perception of twins.  [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]Your answers are completely anonymous.  Some answers may be quoted for my project which may be published in the State Library (if I get a good mark). Its been really enjoyable to meet the 'world of twins' out there and I look forward to hearing peoples views on twins.  If you have time I would very much appreciate it. [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]It is due in July2014 [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt][Just bold your answers][/SIZE]
    1. [SIZE=12pt]Are you[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]female[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]male[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]      2. Your age:[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]0-18[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]18-25[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]25-35[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]35-45[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]45-55[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]55-60[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]60+[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]3. Age of twins: ______[/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]4. Are you a[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]A twin/multiple[/SIZE]
    • Parent of twins/multiples
    • Caregiver of twins/multiples
    • grandparent of twins/multiples
    • relative of twin/multiples
    • friend of twin/multiples
    5. What type of twin/multiple are you or do you parent?
    • Identical boys
    • Fraternal boys
    • Fraternal girls
    • boy and girl fraternal twins
    • Higher multiples list:_____

[SIZE=12pt]6. From your experience are people informed about twins?[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]yes[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]somewhat[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]maybe[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]no[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]I don't know[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]7. Do you or your twins/multiples have singleton siblings?[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]yes[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]no[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt][OPTIONAL QUESTION: as it contain bias][/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]8. With the rate of twins appearing to increase, do you feel twins will continue to be special in the future?[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]yes continue to be special[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]no, will become too common[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]May become less special, but twins will always be special to a degree. [/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]COMMENT:________________[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]9. Have you witnessed any telepathic occurrences with you/your twins/multiples?[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]no[/SIZE]
    • [SIZE=12pt]yes [comment:______________________[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]10. Twins/multiples are often compared, what are your opinions on this comparison?________[/SIZE]

11. Is there more effort put into making twins/multiples feel unique or similar?

12. Do you as/your twins/multiples speak their own invented private language (idioglossia) e.g. My twin brother and I used the word 'make' to mean a fly (the insect):
    • yes
    • no
    • comment:_______
    13. I understand this topic to be controversial. Do you find the question "Are you/they IVF or natural?" as inappropriate/appropriate [PLEASE CIRCLE WHICH ONE] why/why not?
    • yes_______
    • no_______
    • sometimes________
    14. Could this be compared to adopted vs. non-adopted child?______

:D THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME :D 

2. Code

Code Well-Known Member

Good luck with writing this, please come back and share your finished pip, I always find them interesting and feel that it was a fantastic project, I defiantly learned a lot about the comparison of twins while doing my pip!

3. bijoux

bijoux Member

Thank you Code :thanks: , I appreciate your comments.  I will definitely post the results up.   If you don't mind me asking, what  did you learn in the comparison of twins, in your PIP? 

4. Code

Code Well-Known Member

That's ok, I did my IRP for community and family on it too, most of the people in SOC were in CAFS too so we all just did the same topic so we could just expand on the PIP. To be honest it was a long time ago, it is posted in the 18+ forum I believe, somewhere! I'll see if I can find it and link you.

5. Code

Code Well-Known Member

I found the link but the copy no longer exists sorry, I know it's on my old computer, so when I'm at my unit next I'll try getting it off of it.

6. bijoux

bijoux Member

Hey Code, thanks that would be great. 
      I just read the 'Please answer - research project' post from 2009 and wanted to emphasise that I will send the results also I would love to become a member of the forum.  As a twin myself I understand how tiresome it can be to answer the repetitive questions, (even though it doesn't occur as much with boy/girl twins-until they realise your twins! ^_^ )
    -especially 'what it is like to be a twin?', I would love to answer it but I have no idea what it's like to be a singleton, being a twin to me is normal. 
    Anyway to get to the point, I know a lot of questionnaires and surveys would be posted on here, so I do really appreciate the answers.