A snapshot in time...

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by debid, Aug 6, 2008.

1. debid

debid Well-Known Member

What are your twins doing right now?

Mine are rolling in the "overly tall & needs mowed" grass talking about clouds and whether it might rain mixed with singing about rolling down the sand hills (thanks Wiggles).

Next!

2. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

Most likely sitting around the table eating a snack at daycare (snacktime is 9:30am).

3. excitedk

excitedk Well-Known Member

Mine are walking around in my heels (that I am wearing to work today) waiting for me to cut up fruit for breakfast, and talking about the rocks they found in the pool yesterday :p

4. swp0525

swp0525 Well-Known Member

Mine are playing (very nicely together for a change :yahoo: ) with the empty case of Quaker Oatmeal Bars that I bought from Sams...they are putting empty Dixie cups, plastic forks and spoons and Little People in and out of it...taking breaks to put the box on their heads and walk around the house like the walking dead, laughing hysterically.

5. marshall52204

marshall52204 Well-Known Member

I took one of the boys' cribs and turned it over an its side and put a sheet on the top for a "tent". The are crawling in and out and putting their toys inside, then taking them back out. Whatever keeps them busy!

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Mine are singing to each other (LALALA!! AhNANANA!!) while falling asleep for their morning nap.

7. ldsangel19

ldsangel19 Well-Known Member

Napping! Yay. :)

8. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Having their morning nap! Whoohoo! (I will be so sad when they no longer nap in the morning...how will I ever have coffee??? :huh: )

9. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Mine are setting up more Thomas track and humming the songs from the train video they are watching.

10. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Oh my, I am going to sound like a seriously bad mom, but...

Hannah is sitting next to me watching Oswald. Ben is in the office playing on the computer (these interactive story books, they love them).

Can I answer this question in another hour when they are doing playdough or something?! :blush:

11. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

Mine are in their classes at daycare. Getting ready for lunch. They went to soccer so they should be tired. Whit is probably trying to take a toy from someone while Carmen is probably in the middle of a conversation.

12. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

One of mine is sitting on the floor rolling the wooden frog pull toy back and forth and laughing. The other is walking in circles all over the family room panting like a dog. Oh wait... now she's trying to disassemble her little plastic chair. And in the time it took me to type that, DD1 has moved on to the Little People farm. It's a kaleidoscope of toddler activities here.

13. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

11:38 a.m. -- at daycare, probably eating lunch. My guess is that Sarah has yogurt all down her shirt, while Amy is eating fruit with her hands.

14. 2Xthelove

2Xthelove Well-Known Member

just got up from nap and is sitting down in high chair having lunch

15. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

At Gmas since its a work day for me. They get to hang out with Gma, GG (their great-grandmother), and their 11-month old cousin and aunt today.

They are either out on a walk to look for big trucks! (Grandma's development being repaved this summer has provided endless hours of entertainment). Or, they are happily emptying/sorting/reorganizing her enormous pantry, pots, and pans and helping cousin Ben take his first steps.

:wub: wish I was there and not here.

16. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Mine are in the bath with their Daddy, all i can hear is splashing and laughing! x

17. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

My boys are sleeping. I'm glad - they really needed a good nap because they're fighting colds. I'm sure when they get up they'll want a snuggle, a snack, and then we'll probably take a walk around the neighbourhood (it's garbage day and they LOVE, LOVE, LOVE following the garbage trucks!).

18. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

napping :D

I'm hoping it's a long one. they woke up early this morning and have been crabby all morning! :(

19. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

One is sleeping :yahoo:

The other is "helping" his sister put a puzzle together while holding on tight to his doggy (which is his bedtime snuggly).

20. AriaGirl77

AriaGirl77 Well-Known Member

Mine are both napping! :yahoo:

21. traci.finley

traci.finley Well-Known Member

right this very second they are napping ... Wooo Hoooo!

Their favs for the moment are to antagonize the dog and cruise under the dining room table ...

22. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Sean is at the grocery store with daddy (because he takes short naps and mommy needed to mop! :crazy:) and James is still asleep, in front of the bedroom door curled up in a ball of blankies.

23. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twoin2005 @ Aug 6 2008, 10:33 AM) [snapback]916740[/snapback]
    Oh my, I am going to sound like a seriously bad mom, but...

Hannah is sitting next to me watching Oswald. Ben is in the office playing on the computer (these interactive story books, they love them).

Can I answer this question in another hour when they are doing playdough or something?! :blush:

:laughing: So funny!

Mine are napping!

24. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

The twins are 5 now, but my 16 month old is currently standing up and spinning in circles until he falls down laughing. :lol:

25. gottagiggle&twins

gottagiggle&twins Well-Known Member

26. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

Playing Lego's in their room while waiting for dinner. :)

27. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

They've been sleeping since about 7:00pm (I haven't seen them since I left for an appt. this morning, *sniff, sniff*)

QUOTE(fuchsiagroan @ Aug 6 2008, 10:55 AM) [snapback]916665[/snapback]
    Having their morning nap! Whoohoo! (I will be so sad when they no longer nap in the morning...how will I ever have coffee??? :huh: )

Holly, I have to admit, getting in the coffee and real wake-up time has been very difficult since we switched to one nap! :(

28. TeeandGee

TeeandGee Well-Known Member

What a cute post! :)

Right now the girls are at home with Daddy. A few minutes ago I called home and DH put me on speaker phone so while I was talking they were blowing me kisses!

29. deniseandtwins

deniseandtwins Well-Known Member

My Ds was napping but Dd woke him up.

Right now they are calling for me to come get them!

Gonna give them a snack...

30. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

Just woke up from a nap & finished snack.

Currently are fighting over an oral syringe my DH left on the end table after giving them Ibuprofen this morning (they have Hand, Foot, & Mouth right now) & yelling "UH OH" every time it gets knocked off the end table.

Who needs TOYS when there are medicine syringes?

31. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(nurseandrea02 @ Aug 7 2008, 03:46 PM) [snapback]918735[/snapback]
    Just woke up from a nap & finished snack.

Currently are fighting over an oral syringe my DH left on the end table after giving them Ibuprofen this morning (they have Hand, Foot, & Mouth right now) & yelling "UH OH" every time it gets knocked off the end table.

Who needs TOYS when there are medicine syringes?

:rolleyes: Mine love medicine....FREAKS!

Mine are "rescuing" their animal toys from a fake wolf. Thanks Diego! :)

32. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

one of my twins is stealing chex mix his brother during snack time. I love watching them eat for some reason. It's so cute--

33. Username

Username Well-Known Member

6:10pm
    One is nursing (which is why I am on online.) The other is sliding little people down the slide and babbling while her big sis tells her no, no, no because she needs to clean up the space to put on a play.