A Sweet Twin Moment- Share Yours

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by moski, Jan 11, 2007.

1. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This morning, I was getting ready for work and the kids were at the kitchen table watching Barney. I came up the steps from the family room just as the "I Love You" song was playing. The two of them were sitting and holding hands watching Barney sing. It was so sweet!! [​IMG]

2. moski

This morning, I was getting ready for work and the kids were at the kitchen table watching Barney. I came up the steps from the family room just as the "I Love You" song was playing. The two of them were sitting and holding hands watching Barney sing. It was so sweet!! [​IMG]

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

That is so sweet Maureen [​IMG] That's why I'm so glad that I had twins. They really do have a built in best friend. Right now mine are in their cribs (not napping) and they are singing to eachother and cheering for the other when they sing a song. It's so cute!

4. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

I love it when my girls cuddle up on the couch to watch a favorite show! So sweet! [​IMG] Also when one brings something to the other one and I hear a "Thank you, Melissa." Or someone does something and the other says, "Good job, Jade."

Mine still aren't much for holding hands or hugging -- actually, Jade isn't much for holding hands or hugging. But we are getting there.

I can't believe what little people they are becoming!

5. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

What sweeties! Last night the girls were playing their new game where they flip through a book one page at a time and act out what the characters are doing. In one book they were reading, someone was giving someone else a kiss and that led to some cute antics. Ainsley would give Sierra a kiss & then hug and then Sierra would say, "No, hug and kiss" and Ainsley would do it that way. Then it was Sierra's turn to kiss Ainsley. They did this a few times before moving on to the next page. [​IMG]

6. *Lori*

*Lori* Well-Known Member

All these moments have me smiling. A couple from me. The boys have a loveseat in their room that Josy had in his room at his moms and the two have given up their toddler beds and prefer to sleep on the couch together. I love it so much they have never really been into cufddling so I love this also the other day I told Gideon to say sorry to Yeshua and he gave him a hug for the 1st time without my wrapping their arms around each other.

7. UD Flyer

UD Flyer Well-Known Member

Just today my girls hugged each other for the very first time! It was so cute!!!!! [​IMG]

8. bkimberly

bkimberly Well-Known Member

Mine like to hold hands! Whenever we walk into a store I say hold hands and they do it right away! They also hold hands and dance!!! The best though is when they kiss each other. They even make a little smacking noise for emphasis! [​IMG]

9. haileysmomplus2

haileysmomplus2 Well-Known Member

Just this morning I gave them each a baggy of chex mix. It was not long before things got very quiet!! I went searching for them and found them sitting on the floor at the foot of my bed, right beside each other just eating their snacks!! [​IMG] It was so precious that I had to take a picture!! [​IMG] Hopefully I will never forget that moment!
    Thank so much for asking and for letting me share!!

10. hudsonfour

hudsonfour Well-Known Member

My girls are learning to share. We try to get the girls to leave the paci in the bed each morning. Often Peyton will go back into their room and get 2 pacis. She will put one in her mouth and bring the other out to Paige. Because it is so cute I have a hard time taking it away.
    Sue

11. harryjacksmom

harryjacksmom Well-Known Member

Jack has always been a hugger, and Harry is really taking the lead lately. Sweet, and it does make you think how wonderful that bond will be for their futures. The other day I overheard:

J: H, do you love me?
    H: Yes, J, I love you

Not only was this heartmelting from the love standpoint, but the speech has been quite slow so I was [​IMG] and [​IMG]

Thanx for the post - it's good to be able to share!

12. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Jazzy has been trying to get Jessy to walk. She'll go over to Jessy and hold both her hands and try to pull her up. It's just so cute! [​IMG]

13. MellysLittleBoos

MellysLittleBoos Well-Known Member

Yesterday afternoon I caught Emma and Eliana, holding hands, spinning around in circles and singing "ring around the rosie". It was so cute. They don't play nice together that often lol.

They also have this new thing where they each hold an arm of one of their baby dolls and they "walk" the doll together down the hall lol

14. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

OMG all these stories just warm my heart!! They are so sweet.

My favorite lately is when the play peek-a-boo with each other behind the curtains or something. Also, when I give a snack or sippy to one and I tell them to bring the other snack/sippy to the other and they go right out and do just that. They have also started giving "love" to each other right before bed. They won't hug but they lean their heads on each other shoulders...so sweet.
    But my priceless moment I love is one before Mitch could sit up without falling over, he was laying down with a bottle and McKenna held it for him. Here is that pic!

15. kma13

kma13 Well-Known Member

They forcibly hug each other.. they really mean to be sweet, but sometimes Joss knocks Liam down in an effort to give him love. And sometimes Liam bangs his head into Joss while giving kisses!

16. valentinetwins

valentinetwins Well-Known Member

I'm turning to mush just reading all your cute stories. Aiden and "Audrey have always been a huggers so that was not new to me but yesterday she comes to me and asks for juice in her cup and as I give it to her she asks for some for Aiden too. I watched her take it to him and he took it and said "wow, thank you Audrey".... It made me realize that they are aware of each others needs, even at this young age. Having twins is soo great.

17. Laura56

Laura56 Well-Known Member

These stories are all so cute!

I was just out visiting Nicole and Danielle last week. When I was watching them one day they were playing down in the basement with their trains. Danielle stops playing and walks up to Nicole and says "Nicole, you're my best friend." Nicole responds with "Danielle, you're my best friend." [​IMG] And then they both hugged each other and went back to playing with the trains. Too bad about 5 mins later they were tackling each other fighting over the trains! [​IMG]

18. debid

debid Well-Known Member

My favorite moment so far was when I was changing Trent's diaper and he was really fussing it up. Trevor came over with one of the satin-edged blankets they love and squatted down by Trent's head. Then he started rubbing the blanket satin on Trent's cheek. Trent stopped crying and smiled at his brother. [​IMG]

I have noticed that they are getting much better about giving things to each other. I think it's very funny when one has a toy the other clearly wants so he'll go get some other toys and try to arrange a trade. The trade usually works by dropping the offered toy at the other's feet. If he in turn drops his toy, they both bend down and pick up a toy and the exchange is a success. Now, if only it went that well every time...

19. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

The sweetest twin moment happened 2 weeks ago when we all got so sick with the stomach flu. We were in the car driving to MIL and FIL for Christmas when Michael started throwing up, violently.

The poor baby was covered in puke in his car seat, and we had to wait 10 minutes until we could find a place to stop. Mikayla had her "wooby" her pink blanket and felt so sorry for Michael she gave him her wooby.

She was so sweet to give it up. [​IMG] Unfortunately, she didn't get it back for a few days until we could wash it at MIL's.

Bridget

20. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Oh, what a sweet thread! Here is my story.
    If Clayton has something that Audrey wants ([​IMG] ), he will find something that is similar or the same to give her. It doesn't always work, but he is very thoughtful.

Today another story came up.. I got video and a few good pictures. Clayton was caught feeding Cheerios to Audrey!! Note his open mouth! He takes after his parents when he gets fed! [​IMG] Now how sweet is that?!! Oh, and of course I had to share a picture of it!

Thanks for sharing all the stories! I love reading them!

21. BettiePage

BettiePage Well-Known Member

I love all these stories! This is just one of the best things about having twins; they are SO sweet and take care of each other. Natalie especially is always trying to take care of Rita. I remember once about 6 months ago when Rita was crying after they went to bed, and when I went in to check on her, I found Natalie throwing all her lovies into Rita's crib (well, OK, not her Taggie, but all her other stuffed animals and dolls). And our daycare provider says that Natalie is always taking care of Rita during the day -- like if Rita gets upset when one of the other kids takes a toy she wants, Natalie will come over and offer her other toys. Aww. Sometimes is Rita is crying, Natalie will say, "Rita! Shh!" imitating my soothing shushes that I do!

But my absolute favorite is when they take turns -- as I'm sure all of you do, I put a big emphasis on taking turns (with toys, with bites to eat, with having mommy swing you in her arms, etc.), and they caught on pretty quickly. Now often they will tell the other girl it's her turn even when she isn't paying attention. When we were at my parents' for Christmas, my mom was feeding them yogurt, and doing the "Natalie's turn," "Rita's turn," routine. Rita had wandered off after a few bites to look at the Christmas tree, and Natalie went over to get her and, "Rita! Nummy! Rita's turn!" to get her to come back and get her yogurt. So sweet!

22. pyjamamum

pyjamamum Well-Known Member

My girls were sitting together at the dinner table the other night, and Alice was crying because she had a sore finger. I put a band-aid on it and she turned to Claire and said, "Ook! Sore binger!" Claire looked thoughtful for a moment, then said "Yeah. Sad. Bery, bery sad." Then she looked at Alice's bib and said, "Ooooh! Oook! A moushe! (mouse)" It was as though she'd given her bit of sympathy and decided she needed to distract Alice by pointing out the mouse on her bib! Quite cute.

Ours also do lots of kissing and cuddling, and are always happy to hold hands which is just brilliant when we're out and I need them to stick together.

23. Janet36

Janet36 Well-Known Member

This morning mine were making animals with their playdoh. Abby said, "We're quite a pair, aren't we Sarah?!" I laughed and almost cried - it seems like they fight so much, but lately I've been really paying more attention to the sweet things they do and trying not to get so bent out of shape over the fighting!

24. moski

These are all such cute stories!! [​IMG]

Thanks so much for sharing.

25. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

mine are too young to talk but I love when they face each other or catch sight of each other and start screaming and giggling!

the last time they had shots they cried in the office but that was it...DH and I came home and we'll put on Baby Einstein so we can eat in peace - the two laid on the floor watching Baby Monet (their absolute favorite) and held hands - it was the sweetest thing I've ever seen...

26. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

I agree, these are the moments that make it all worth it.

Heather was trying to open the fridge to get her milk. She's just not quite strong enough yet so she said, "Help, help." Connor ran over to her and opened the fridge and got her sippy cup of milk out and gave it to her. [​IMG]

27. pam2baby

pam2baby Well-Known Member

Well this might appeal more to the pregnant mommies right now....
    While I was pregnant ( a few months ago) I would often watch "Baby Story" during the day while doing chores around the house.
    I never thought it was inappropriate because the girls were usually flying around or playing outside, or basically not hanging out with me. And I guess I thought if they did see any it was preparing them for what we , as a family would be dealing with shortly. ( a new baby)

Well one night I was out at a course and my DH heard screaming and "Pushing sounds" coming from the bath tub so he went running in only to find them " taco's, aka privates " facing each other, legs up in the air giving birth. OMG!!
    So when I got home he put us 3 on T.L.C probation, or basically anything birth-related. hahaha, it was too funny
    Shows ya how much they actually put together when you aren't paying attention hey?
    Cheers, pam [​IMG]

28. Jennifer Jean

Jennifer Jean Well-Known Member

A couple of months ago we were out shopping and I had a Starbucks mocha frap with just the whipped cream left. The boys were in the stroller and Nate was making quite a fuss because he likes the whipped cream. I figured I didn't need it so I gave it to him. Next thing you know he's dipping the straw in the whipped cream and feeding it to Garrett. It was so funny, there Garrett sat with his mouth open like a little bird waiting for Nate to deposit the whipped cream filled straw into his mouth. Nate didn't even eat any himself he just fed his brother. I LOVE having twins!

Another funny story: My 3 year old was watching a show with us and the family had a baby and he asked " Why they got only one baby? They need to get another baby!" He thinks babies come in pairs!

29. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I'm loving all of these stories.

When either one sneezes, the other always says bless us.

If Katherine coughs, Michael is right there with "You OK, Gaa Gaa?"
    Gaa Gaa is his version of Katherine. [​IMG]

30. jem0622

jem0622 Well-Known Member

The girls sing the Barney 'I Love You' song and then hug and kiss. There was a moment where Hannah wanted to play with Olivia, so she went up to her and took her by the hand and pulled her down off of the chair (LOL) and said 'Sissy'.

I love it when they are chasing each other and giggling incessantly.

[​IMG]

31. All Boys

All Boys Well-Known Member

Great thread!

The other night Josh went into time out... he was crying pretty hard about it. Zach kept pointing in Josh's direction saying Jah Jah... he was so worried... when Josh came back to the dinner table sitting in the next seat over from Zach, Zach reached over and started stroking Josh's arm sooo gently saying wooo, wooo... He had such a concerned look on his face. It was SO sweet... [​IMG]

32. All Boys

All Boys Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by Jennifer Jean:
    Another funny story: My 3 year old was watching a show with us and the family had a baby and he asked " Why they got only one baby? They need to get another baby!" He thinks babies come in pairs!

Gregory sits in the front seat of the triple peg perego... at the mall as we walk he looks at everyone and says, "They are twins, I'm free!" He means three... [​IMG]