AAP Rear Facing Recommendations

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by meganguttman, May 1, 2009.

1. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Melissatwins84 @ May 9 2009, 03:27 AM) [snapback]1306634[/snapback]
    I forgot to ask my pedi at their one year appointment about the car seat thing.

And OMGoodness you got me freaking out about the peanut butter thing, but then I read more. I thought it was ok at 1, so I did give it to them the day after their b-day on some toast (they did fine). Now they are saying 2 or 3?

It totally depends on the doctor. I think the AAP is reconsidering its current recommendations in light of recent research that shows waiting doesn't help.

2. 4kidsmomexpectingtwins

4kidsmomexpectingtwins Well-Known Member

I really don't think I will turn them back around. I know that you were suppose to wait till 1, now 2, but my babies are so tall, that their legs are all cramped up in the seat when they are facing rear, like up to their chests! I have 4 other children that survived being turned around at age 1, so I will do the same with the twins. If it makes me a bad mommy, then so be it. I just don't know what else to do since their legs are so long.