Abdominal muscle separation?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by zetta, Aug 18, 2009.

1. zetta

zetta Well-Known Member

I was wearing a stretchy solid-color top yesterday, and noticed that I could see a sort of shallow valley running straight down from my belly button. Could this be abdominal muscle separation? Is it normal and expected? Does this mean I'm likely to have trouble with the muscles knitting back together after the babies are born?

2. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I never noticed that while pregnant. I would give your doctor a call, I'm sure they'll be able to tell you more about it. I hope it doesn't mean it'll be more work for you afterwards.

3. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I've never heard of it while you are pregnant either. :unsure:

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I have heard of it, but it would probably be wise to give your doctor a call. I had a c-section and had heard in my multiples class that the dr can 'stitch' together the muscles. Mine did it for me, but I can't really tell if it helped.. my twin skin hids that. :blush:

5. arkie

arkie Well-Known Member

This happened to a fiend of mine while she was prego with her daughter, what was so surprising for us, was she is a personal trainer, and has janet jackson abs! Well in her comeback videos at least- anyway when it came time to have her daughter, she had a really hard time pushing her out because the muscles we not co-operating properly, so I would definately talk to your doctor- let us know what happens? :hug:

6. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

Not sure. My muscles separated, which my doctor says may go back together eventually. It's so weird, you can literally feel my belly and see that parts are different in different areas of the tummy. You can feel some other organ! Definitely check with your doc.