? about meds

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mamabrooks, Dec 5, 2006.

1. mamabrooks

mamabrooks Well-Known Member

I have been giving my kids the vicks childrens nyquill at night and it had worked great for the coughing and sneezing. but tonight they have started to run a low fever. here is my question: can i give them mortein and the vicks or should i just give one and not the other? Thanks for any advice.

2. mamabrooks

I have been giving my kids the vicks childrens nyquill at night and it had worked great for the coughing and sneezing. but tonight they have started to run a low fever. here is my question: can i give them mortein and the vicks or should i just give one and not the other? Thanks for any advice.

3. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I would probably give one or the other. You can always call your pedi and ask, I'm sure they have a nurse on call that can offer you the right advice. Hope they feel better.

4. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

Yep, you can give both. I believe Nyquil has acetaminophen in it (which is tylenol) so you can also give motrin. However, you might want to space them out by a few hours (easier on their tummies). The nyquil alone might take care of the fever since it does have tylenol in it.

5. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

I agree, you can give them togtehr but space it out a bit.
    Also, I'd call the Doc in the morning, once the fever sets in it's usually a sign of a secondary infection as opposed to the common cold.
    My boys are hopefully at the end of their week long colds. [​IMG]
    Hope they feel better soon.

6. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

They make the tylenol for coughing, sneezing, runny noses and for fevers.... when mine have all of the symptoms, I usually do the all in one.

I agree with a PP, call a nurse, and make sure.

7. Amy A

Amy A Well-Known Member

quote:
    I agree with a PP, call a nurse, and make sure.

FYI, I am a pediatric nurse . . . so if that adds any weight to my previous post . . .

8. mamabrooks

thanks everyone!!! the fever never got above 101 so i didn't give anything for it. she slept all night thank goodness and is fever free this morning!!