Addicted to twinstuff

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by monaraj, Jun 9, 2008.

1. monaraj

monaraj Well-Known Member

Ok this website must come with a cautionary ......." VERY ADDICTIVE" :diablo:
    This weekend was really hard on me. Our laptop was going bonkers :crazy: . I was able to log on twice and read some posts, but only for a few minutes. I have been very impatient :girl_devil: with my husband this whole weekend to fix the laptop. My withdrawal symptoms included anger, crying, irritation and frustration.
    Finally, today its started working again. PHEW....what a sigh of relief

On Friday I had a very scary experience. I am alone with my 2 year old during the day, when my DH goes to work. She plays in her room sometimes and keeps talking to me or I keep calling her every few minutes to make sure everything is fine, since I can’t get up so many times or stay in her room. Around 4:30pm, I heard a big thud, I thought it came from outside. But I still started calling my daughter and got no reply. So I got up to find her and she was not in her room. Her room only has toys, no bed or other furniture because when we moved here, I went on bedrest and never got the opportunity to do her room. Anyways, my heart was racing by now and panic mode set in. A window in her room was open, since it was very hot and all I could think of was that someone took her, while I had zoned out in front of the TV :icon_eek: . I decided to check everywhere in the house, all cabinets, dryer and even the fridge. I was about to call 911 when I decided to check her room again. And lo and behold, there she was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :80:
    Sleeping in her closet :lazy: . She did not take her afternoon nap that day and must have been so tired that she just fell asleep playing. DH came home around the same time and I told him that DD was missing. He went straight into her room and looked inside her closet and found her in a second. Then he had a good laugh :rofl: at the ordeal :BDH: I put myself to. I have some crazy pregnant-with-twins-on-bedrest brain now. :crazy: 8P

Btw I typed this message 4 times and everytime my laptop went crazy when I wanted to post.

So go ahead,have a good laugh at my expense. Also didn't know how to post this link to pics of DD. (Please click on slideshow on photobucket site)

http://s281.photobucket.com/albums/kk220/monaraj/

2. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! I can't not imagine the panic/worry that you went through!

I'm glad that everything turned out all right in the end. (And really, I would have thought the same thing if the window were open.)

Hope you get those laptop issues worked out!

3. monaraj

QUOTE(gina_leigh @ Jun 9 2008, 06:34 PM) [snapback]818297[/snapback]
    Oh my goodness! I can't not imagine the panic/worry that you went through!

I'm glad that everything turned out all right in the end. (And really, I would have thought the same thing if the window were open.)

Hope you get those laptop issues worked out!

Yup....I have decided, never to leave her window open, no matter how hot it gets.

4. Mommy2BofTwins

Mommy2BofTwins Well-Known Member

My god, i would have just gone crazy. I am so glad you daughter is fine. its really hot here too in jersey,my husband usually keeps his window open and i am always paranoid about someone taking my son away... well i am just very happy to hear everything turned out to be ok. good luck with the twins :) btw are you from India?

5. debfitz

debfitz Well-Known Member

I'm glad she's OK. I would have freaked out too! Those pics are too cute! I'm glad at the end we can have a laugh about it.

6. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

Oh my! Very scary! I'm glad things turned out fine. . .

7. monaraj

QUOTE(Mommy2BofTwins @ Jun 9 2008, 06:53 PM) [snapback]818318[/snapback]
    My god, i would have just gone crazy. I am so glad you daughter is fine. its really hot here too in jersey,my husband usually keeps his window open and i am always paranoid about someone taking my son away... well i am just very happy to hear everything turned out to be ok. good luck with the twins :) btw are you from India?

Yes ... I am from India

8. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

I can't see pictures because the dumb hospital internet filter blocks photobucket and stuff <_< But I'm so glad that your DD is ok!!! I would have freaked out to for sure. Especially when I was on bedrest and not able to run out and look for her!
    I'm addicted to twinstuff too. It's so neat to be able to read all about twins from the perspective of twin moms. I've never "met" so many twin moms in all my life! It has helped me feel like I am better prepared (as prepared as you can get!) and more capable of handling this.

9. monaraj

QUOTE(lovelylily @ Jun 10 2008, 01:15 PM) [snapback]819508[/snapback]
    I can't see pictures because the dumb hospital internet filter blocks photobucket and stuff <_< But I'm so glad that your DD is ok!!! I would have freaked out to for sure. Especially when I was on bedrest and not able to run out and look for her!
    I'm addicted to twinstuff too. It's so neat to be able to read all about twins from the perspective of twin moms. I've never "met" so many twin moms in all my life! It has helped me feel like I am better prepared (as prepared as you can get!) and more capable of handling this.

I know, I love this forum. There is so much support and knowledge sharing. Plus everytime I feel like I have some unique symptom, it is reassuring to know that it is just something very common.

10. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh those pictures are priceless. :)

I am a TS addict too. :D