advice for start of preschool

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by snyx, Aug 10, 2013.

1. snyx

snyx Active Member

DS and DD (3.5y) are starting preschool this fall. We'd like to get them each some kind of starting-school-present to make it more exciting/special than intimidating/new... Do you guys have any suggestions?

I've come up with backpacks, but their grandparents are also asking and we need some more ideas :)

2. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

will they be taking lunch or snack? Do they need a water bottle?

Good luck, preschool was great!

3. snyx

snyx Active Member

The preschool will meet three mornings a week, and the children do not bring food.

4. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

New shoes or an outfit.
    Something for when they get home...maybe a sketch pad with crayons to draw about their day.
    A clip in keychain/toy to go on their backpack.
    We gave our boys a tiny stuffed animal to keep (only) in their bag with them, so they had something with them when they ride the bus. (We have a cute little bus that has about 6 other preschool kids on it).
    Good luck! They (we) love preschool!!

5. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Charactered name tags (Mickey, mini, iron man, spider man,..)

1.5 inch folders with clear plastic sheet protectors. They can keep all their home art projects and bring home
    School projects there. They will love love to look at it later on and be proud of themselves. My kids have them at schools and home as well. Also, we have a wall just for their art works and awards and sport metals. They love it. They almost filled up that wall. I have to replace some old paintings with new ones lol.

Today was the open house at the schools. They were nervous at first. But after 5 mins, they refused to leave and ended up staying for about an hour. I had to beg them to leave. They love Love schools. All kids do. I'm sure your kids will have fun!

6. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

We gave ours little guardian angels for their backpacks which they love and they also have a small stuffed toy that stays inside their bag (except for nap/quiet time).

I agree about having a place at home for them to display their art work. We have so much art work coming home that I have to purge more or less every week ...