Afraid of going BALD!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by AngelKLP13, Mar 2, 2009.

1. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

OMG I find my hair EVERYWHERE!! Even wrapped around my LO's fingers & toes!! It has been falling out for about a month now and I am freaking out. When I brush my hair, my brush is full of hair and there is hair all over the floor!! Is this normal? My hair didn't fall out after my DS. How long can I expect this to happen?

2. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

it's perfectly normal & how long it lasts is different for everyone - mine kept falling out in gobs for a couple of months. it's slowed down now. it has to do with hormones during pregnancy which cause your hair not to fall out at all so now that your hormones are going back to normal-ish your hair is making up for lost time. it's definitely weird though, how much comes out.

3. ohjojo

ohjojo Well-Known Member

i know how you feel! my hair got so thick and pretty when i was pg but now i am losing all the extra. i don't brush my hair because it is curly but i get handfuls of it in the shower, scary! it is especially thin in the front around my temples, i am terrified that i am going to look like jack nicholson! yikes!

but, my dermatologist said this is totally normal and should stop after a month or so, it's all about the hormones balancing out, so yours should slow down soon. hopefully we won't have to join the hairclub for men! :lol:

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Yup, I lost a lot of hair after the babies were born. It will slow down eventually!

5. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Yep, totally normal. I lost a ton of hair too (although my hair is so thick that I couldn't even tell). I got my hair cut from very long to very short when the babies were about 4 months old though, which made it a lot less gross!

6. KKing

KKing Well-Known Member

Im glad someone posted this!!!! I was sweeping today and found a dust bunny of my hair!!!!! When my LO's crawl around on their rug they end up with my hair in their fingers and toes. TERRIBLE!!!!!

7. travellingmum

travellingmum Well-Known Member

Mine is falling out too. It looks like there's a dead animal in the tub after I've shampooed my hair. I find it everywhere, and I'm constantly pulling hairs out of the babies mouths and out of their hands. I have even found one or two in a poopy diaper which means they've probably swallowed some. I hate it!

8. becky5

becky5 Guest

Yes, normal!

9. ginagwen

ginagwen Well-Known Member

Yes for about 4-5 mos it jsut keeps coming out. Just wait until you have to clean the shower drain, Yuck!

10. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

Between 4-6 months PP I lost a lot of hair!! It's slowed down a lot now and I'm dealing with the wispy regrowth hairs!

11. ckreh

ckreh Well-Known Member

Mine finally slowed down around 8 months. Thank goodness I have very thick hair that my hair dresser used to thin out for me. She advised me to keep up with my multi vitamin and a b-complex vitamin because that really helps too.

12. Kimani

Kimani Well-Known Member

Yes, I HATE IT!!
    I was gonna post about this too. I remember it with my son too but this just plain sucks. I have pretty long hair, to my bra band on my back and its getting EVERYWHERE!! Our vaccum broke a few months ago and we haven't gotten a new one yet, I'm dreading what I'm going to find there. Also when I shower I lightly tug down my hair and put the stray ones on the wall so it doesn't plug up the drain (as much).

13. Gimena

Gimena Well-Known Member

Your post made me feel better!!! I thought it might be connect to hormones but now I know that at least is normal.... my hair is
    everywhere and when I dry it I end up with a lot of in on my hands...
    I heard Vitamin D helps...

I thought it was stress....

14. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Totally normal. It took me almost 18 months postpartum to stop pulling strands of hair off my clothes, neck, boobs, etc.

15. AngelKLP13

AngelKLP13 Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for your replies!! Nice to know I am not alone and that this is normal!

16. rumbo

rumbo Well-Known Member

I'm experiencing the same thing!! But I remember that prior to my pregnancy my hair would fall out a lot in the shower and when I brushed it, I guess I just got used to it not happening during my pregnancy... I always find hairs in their little fists, on their clothes, around their fingers, etc... very annoying!