Aggravations

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by gina_leigh, Feb 27, 2014.

1. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I really hate to post this because on the one hand I'm so sad to see this pregnancy end. It's my last one and I've honestly really enjoyed being pregnant this time. I feel like I got to relax a little bit more and enjoy versus the bed rest and all with the twins. 

That said. I'm done. I'm tired of my right hip hurting at night to make it nearly impossible to sleep well. I really hate this new phase of any-day-now, wait-and-see. I'm not a patient person and really need someone to break out a crystal ball and just tell me when this baby is coming. Right now it feels like it'll be another 9 months. 

And I'm done done done with other people. Which I know will turn into being aggravated about baby stuff. But really, these folks are getting on my last freaking nerve. 

And it's mostly revolving around 2 topics- the size of the baby and when the baby will come. 

First is the size. My husband is big guy at well over 6ft. I'm not, at barely 5ft. Chris was over 9lbs when he was born. I was just under 6lbs. But for some reason since the day we told everyone, it's been a huge game on guessing how big this baby will be with everyone telling me how he's going to be "big like his daddy" (because obviously my genetics play no part in this child) and I should prepare myself for another c-section because we're having a 9lb+ baby. Every belly picture I've shared has been "oh yeah! That's a big baby!"
    What I'd like to say, but won't:
    - Let's just ignore the fact that I've been measuring right on target this entire pregnancy. I'm an idiot and have no idea what I'm talking about, while you're getting your information from when you were pregnant. In the 50's. Or 80's. Because that's accurate. 
    - Oh and that's right- both of you had gestational diabetes and gained well over the recommended guidelines because you didn't eat right once you found out! Shocking how that would produce a big baby. I don't have GD and while I have very much enjoyed eating, I've not really gained a ton of weight (just at 15 pounds actually) and I ate mostly healthy stuff. (Ok, let's ignore that ice cream craving. And the french fry craving.)

I AM NOT GIVING BIRTH TO BIGFOOT SO SHUT THE F*** UP!!!!

The next thing is when the baby will come. 
    From the start of the pregnancy, there have been comments on when everyone wants the baby to come. My MIL was in Hawaii on vacation for 10 days, so I get while she was paranoid he'd come early while she was gone. But everyone else has had an opinion about when it'd be best for them. Because that's right, I want to make this birth as convenient as possible for everyone else. Just ignore me while I actually birth a child.

And now that's it's getting close it's been how Chris was 3 weeks late and so this baby will be too. Ugh! Well, I was early, so maybe it will even out and he'll come on time. I am part of this child too! Plus, times have changed a lot. They probably had their dates all screwed up with the previous "late babies" and (Chris's g-mother claims that MIL was a month late) didn't know any better. And even if the dates were right, doctors don't let you go that late anymore. I can not tell you how many times I've said that. And now that I've actually talked to my doctor about when we'll have to scrap the VBAC and do a  section (she won't induce and do a VBAC) all I hear is about he'll just come when he's ready. I get that. But if he doesn't there is a date in mind. Get over it. 

I know people are very excited for us and excited about this baby. But I'm cranky. And I know I'm cranky, so I'll smile and nod and say the same things over and over again. All while I'm going slightly crazier and crazier in my mind. And, yes, I realize it's childish to hope for an exactly average sized baby that comes during the 38th week just prove them all wrong and make them hush. But there ya go. 

If you made it this far, thanks for letting me get that out. Now I'm off to attack my husband and try some old methods for getting babies out. I've been told by my doctor that we have the all clear to "go forth and create contractions!"  :girl_devil:

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh, Gina. :hug:

Being pregnant is so freaking hard. Get it all out. 

My experience is when I was done mentally, I was within a couple of days of giving birth. My mind gets "done" right about the time my water breaks. Maybe you'll meet your little boy today? 

As to the comments, ugh, I hear you. People are excited and that's fine, it's just that they all say the same thing. Continually. To you. It's like "You've got your hands full!"-pregnancy edition.

GD definitely plays a part in 'big babies'; plus you can birth a 9, 10, 11 pounder vaginally. It's more difficult on your back, though (you lose up to 30% of your space as I understand it) so avoid that if you can.

How about a treat just for you today? Massage? Pedicure? French fries & ice cream?

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Gina. That would frustrate me.  I'd say have fun "making contractions happen" with the hubby and forget what the other people are saying. 

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I could have typed pretty much the same thing last Monday!    I learned from my pregnancy with Joshua that giving people an actual due date is a BAD idea.  As soon as that day came and went, I was bombarded with the "when's that baby coming?"  "you're still pregnant?"  "anything?"  "do you feel something yet?"  UGH.  Even my MOTHER got on the bandwagon, my mother who never misses an opportunity to mention that me and my brothers were all late.  So why did she think I would go on time?  This time I knew I would go late again so I just told people I was due in February.  It did help some, but I still got some people bothering me about when she was coming.  My father in law was the worst!  With him coming down to stay with us, before he came he would call every day to ask what day the baby would be born, then while he was here he would bug me every. single. day. about when the baby would be born.  UGH.

And the hip pain?  I feel you on that one.  It was either deal with the pain of rolling over or the hip pain of just staying put.  :laughing:     

Can I add that I wanted to punch everyone who said "Well nobody has been pregnant forever!" including my midwife?  For your sake, I hope you (and really everyone, ever) don't go as late as I did with any of my pregnancies.   I always have people say things about how they were late, their mom went late - up to a month in some cases, and I find myself constantly explaining that they didn't date pregnancies by ultrasound back then, they just guessed by a woman's period or fundus size.   If you went by my period, my daughter was born 16 days past her due date, by ultrasound she was only 10 days past.   Those were some very uncomfortable days too!  :laughing:

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm with Michelle - I got deeply ornery within a week or so of giving birth. My theory is that that happens so you become completely antisocial and stick close to home. ;)

:hug: It's hard. Those last days/weeks often feel interminable.

6. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug:  I'm sorry people are poking their noses in your business.  I've seen very pudgy babies grow into anorexic looking adults who have an amazing metabolism!  My SIL is skinny and her babies grow into pudge-monsters! 

My mom told me how "HUGE" I was every time she saw me or talked to me on the phone.  That gets VERY old F.A.S.T.! 

After 38 weeks, I was ready for Evan to be born.  I was ready.  I loved being pregnant and knowing this was my last pregnancy, it was VERY bittersweet.  And he was 10 lbs and a VBAC to boot!  You can do this!  You can! 

7. gina_leigh

Thanks ya'll!

My in-laws are really great in most aspects. They are so supportive of us and would move heaven and earth if we needed them to. But they are also a very immersed family. And while that has it's benefits, it can also be really annoying at times. They mean well, so I typically try to look the other way and deal with it. Sometimes that's hard. Like when Chris's grandmother (both her and my MIL had kids early in life, so I feel like I have 2 MILs sometimes) called today to say that instead of having the photographer who did our wedding and all the newborn pictures of our niece and nephew, that I should just save that money and do them myself. Ugh. She only says that because she's got it in her head that we're just going to piss away our savings or something. So very annoying. /rant

Physically, I'm a lot more comfortable right now than I was at the end the with the twins. I got really swollen the last week or so with them and honestly was so miserable I couldn't imagine going another day. 

With this one, I'm having a lot of hip pain I never had the first time. It's like it tingles at first, almost that going to sleep pins and needles feeling. Then it hurts. And really I can tolerate the pain better than the pins and needles feeling. That makes me feel so antsy and restless and I usually get up and pace to make it stop. 
    Other than that, I really don't feel bad. I think my angst is more emotional. I'm crabby and I know it. 

I want Caleb to be healthy, so if he needs to stay in longer to for that, then so be it. But when I first found out I was pregnant I said I love for this baby to have 2/28/14 because the nerd in me loves the numbers. Now the coonass in me would love for this baby to born next Tuesday on Mardi Gras. :) We'll see if he listens. But I don't think he's coming anytime soon. 

Time will tell. But I do really hope he comes on his own. I'd like to get the chance to experience a vaginal delivery. 

8. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: Gina!

Your GMIL saying your MIL was a month late cracked me up!

Hang in there, sounds like they are overly excited about this baby.

Hey Coop was over 10 lbs at birth and I had a vaginal delivery - with Dr. Thomas.

:hug: I'm here if you want to visit one day!

9. gina_leigh

Aimee, I LOVE Dr. Thomas so much. Both you and our fertility doctor recommended her to me and I could not be happier. She's just awesome. And she is so supportive of me having a VBAC and that makes me feel more comfortable too. 

ETA: We do need to get together again! I have to say I'm a little disappointed with the lack of Mardi Gras here. :( I was hoping for parades, but we missed the one here and when I looked, there aren't any in the city at all on Mardi Gras day. 

So after saying that I was feeling pretty good physically, tonight I've been hit hard with heartburn. Ouch. Our dinner tonight had a tomato sauce, so I'm guessing that's the culprit. But seriously, it even hurts in my back. I just took a Tums, so hopefully it'll ease up soon. 

10. AimeeThomp

Hey Spanish town is this weekend! My in laws have a float every year!

11. AimeeThomp

I can't edit from my phone, I wanted to add, I hope that heartburn goes away!

Spanish town is a HUGE parade but don't take your kids it's very adult oriented. ;)

12. gina_leigh

I could use some adult oriented stuff right now! LOL

So to add salt to my wound...
    MIL was planning on coming either next Monday or Tuesday so she can be here for the birth. (Yes, even with all this frustration, I want her in the room.) Well, she's done nothing but travel for the last month and a half, either for work or trip to Hawaii with my BIL and SIL. She was home for 5 nights out of the entire month of February. And that was in the first 2 weeks I think. Anyway, so I mentioned to Chris that I'd feel bad if she came next week and then we just waited and waited. I know she'd like to be home sometime. 

She says she'd rather just come and I'm okay with that. But then she says that she has to be in Chicago for work from March 10-15, so our c-section date of March 14 won't work now. Ugh. I'm just so tired of trying to plan things around everyone else, while I'm the one pregnant. If I stick to the 14th I'm the asshole who didn't change the date so she could be here. And of course now we're back to how I just need to relax and let the baby come when he's ready. (I get that. I really really do. But I don't want to hear it.) Because someone's friend's aunt's cousin induced a baby or schedule a c-section before they were a million days overdue and he had an under-inflated lung or something. 

Okay, I'm done for now. 

13. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

LOL, you are cracking me up! 

I think your c/section date will be irrelevant. This baby will come when he's ready and it sounds like it'll be very, very soon. 

14. AimeeThomp

LOL you are right - just tune out everyone's $0.02 about the date your child should be born.

15. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Blame the doctor for the date!  That's the day the doctor wants to do it, can do it, whatever.  

16. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Gina, hang in there!  So if he's not born today - on 2.28.14 or on Mardi Gras - then you want him to be born on π Day with the C-Section :) - how cute :). Whenever he's born, I hope all goes well and you have a healthy baby!

17. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

Gina, I hope you are feeling better. I am keping my fingers crossed for a VBAC for you tomorrow if the baby has not already decided to come!