ahhhhhh the back pain!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Chrissy2010, Mar 21, 2010.

1. Chrissy2010

Chrissy2010 Well-Known Member

My lower back is hurting so bad just on one side. Nothing seems to help. Ive had such easy pregnancies before this, Im not sure if thats making this one seem worse too!! My last appointment I told the dr about my back pain and I got the speal on how its a twin pregnancy and my symptoms will be twice as bad this time... its killing me here.. Is there anything they can do for back pain?? I can see this getting depressing if it doesn't go away! :(

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

How far along are you? Just be careful because lower back pain can be a sign of PTL, it was for me with my twin pregnancy.

3. kerina313

kerina313 Well-Known Member

My sciatic nerve(s) went nuts around week 15 and didn't go away for about a month - month and a half. I'm now almost 30 weeks and it's just starting to raise it's ugly head again. If you can find a suppot belt, maybe that could help you. The pain I'm talking about was sharp and down the lower part of back/butt as well as down my leg at times.

I started having contractions a week ago and my back ached like PMS type cramps, which I now know was some back labor

4. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

The only thing that somewhat helped my back pain was Tylenol.

5. 2xjoy

2xjoy Well-Known Member

Same here! Mine was early on then went and is now back again with a vengence! It seems to get worse by the day - whether or not I am on my feet or not!

6. babs0004

babs0004 Well-Known Member

My back started hurting around 26 weeks - unbearable upper-mid back pain. It's definitely from my muscles holding up this huge belly. I am seeing a Chiropractor who does deep tissue physcial therapy, 3x's a week and it's helping. In addition, I sit ont he couch with pillows and a heating pad behind my mid back for relief. A premnatal massage doesn't hurt either, once in a while. It's not a cure, but it is a relief, all of these things together. Good luck and hang in there!