Airplane seating suggestions...Please

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by JackieBlimke, Nov 29, 2006.

1. JackieBlimke

JackieBlimke Well-Known Member

We are taking the kids to the Dominican at the end of January 2007 for my BIL's wedding. The plane we are taking is a large one-the seating plan is three, three, and three seats. I am reserving our seats to ensure we get ones with the extra leg room(not emerg exits). My question is-should I reserve three seats together and then one in the aisle across from the three (in the same row), so I would sit with the kids and DH would be beside us, just with the aisle between us or reserve two and two, so that we both have a kid right next to us. Hopefully you understand what I mean. I'm thinking the best would be the three and one-that way we have access to the window and the aisle seat so we aren't disturbing anyone, and DH would be right there as well, with the aisle between the seats. Anyone have any experience with this and have any suggestions??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated-I need to book the seats ASAP....Thanks in advance

2. JackieBlimke

JackieBlimke Well-Known Member

We are taking the kids to the Dominican at the end of January 2007 for my BIL's wedding. The plane we are taking is a large one-the seating plan is three, three, and three seats. I am reserving our seats to ensure we get ones with the extra leg room(not emerg exits). My question is-should I reserve three seats together and then one in the aisle across from the three (in the same row), so I would sit with the kids and DH would be beside us, just with the aisle between us or reserve two and two, so that we both have a kid right next to us. Hopefully you understand what I mean. I'm thinking the best would be the three and one-that way we have access to the window and the aisle seat so we aren't disturbing anyone, and DH would be right there as well, with the aisle between the seats. Anyone have any experience with this and have any suggestions??? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated-I need to book the seats ASAP....Thanks in advance

3. candctwinfactory

candctwinfactory Well-Known Member

I think that sounds like the perfect set up for your twins' age. We traveled when ours were 7 months and we did the 'across the asile' trick because we couldn't sit in the same row and it worked great for leg room and for sitting on laps.

Have a great flight!!

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

We always do aisles across when possible, but sometimes we have to go one in front of the other depending on the type of aircraft and how many oxygen masks there are etc....

5. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

When they were 17 months old we could bring them on without reserving them a seat, but they could not be in the same row. We ended up passing them back and forth a lot. Not fun.

For our most recent trip we booked DH's seat across the aisle as you described, and it worked out very well. DH was within reach but was not even needed because the girls were pretty entertained (WestJet has TV's on their flights now). We brought snacks and they served juice and the flight went very smoothly. You should do great. Just make sure you have a plan for diaper changes/bathroom breaks depending on whether they're potty trained. Bring a small package of wipes regardless. They're great for sticky hands too. Have fun!

[​IMG]

6. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

We did the 3-1 arrangement and it worked really well. We had our car seats with us so this was the only way we could have seats in the aisles. Most airlines don't allow you to block access to the passenger in the window seat. Good luck on your flight, I'm sure they will do just fine.

7. Thumper

Thumper Well-Known Member

I would go with 3-1. That way you can block off the row and let the kids squirm freely between you and the window - and you and DH can swap places when you need to go to the bathroom, need a break, etc.

At that age, worst case you can still have one sit in DH's lap for short duration if they're refusing to get along/etc. Our guys would sometimes fight over the window, so we'd have to break them up on occasion.

Good luck, and have a safe trip!

--> Andy