Almost 3 month twins... I'm a little worried...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by xjustdizzyx, Jan 11, 2008.

1. xjustdizzyx

xjustdizzyx Well-Known Member

I'm a little worried. I have 2.5 month old twin boys. My baby B, Mason, is sleeping most of the day and 7 hours at night. I would say he's awake maybe 2-3 hours daily. My other one sleeps well too but is awake and much more alert. I wasn't worried until my sitter this week said, 'You know, he sleeps an awful lot during the day. It's really weird to see a 3 month old do that, but he's almost never awake.'

Anyone know what this could be? He weighs about 11 lbs. He's solid. He eats the same amount as my Maddox, but sleeps soooo much.
    Oh and they were born 5 weeks early. So adjusted age since 'due date' is about 7 weeks.

2. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

Mine were born that early as well, and they slept a lot, even at 2.5 months. I would get maybe a half hour max. of awake time between feedings, and even then it was rare. I thought they would never wake up!

3. sthomas81

sthomas81 Well-Known Member

My girls are the same age as yours and they do the same thing. It seems like they are barely ever awake. Some days they will be awake longer then others but usually when they wake for a bottle they will stay awake for about an hour and then go back to sleep for another 4-5 hours.

4. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

What is their adjusted age? It seems this is pretty standard with babies of this age. Mine were the minority (still are) and hardly slept at all. They would be up 8 hours maybe 10 during the day alone from the very start! They are 15 weeks (10 adjusted) and still do not nap during the day but do sleep 12 hours at nite.. I was told that as long as they are getting ENOUGH sleep-- not to worry about "too much" sleep.. (I sometimes wish I had this problem.) ANyway, a sleeping baby is a growing baby. I'm surprised mine are soo HUGE cuz sleeping is not their strong suit!

5. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

WOW! I could not help but read and respond to your post. First off, I a sure they are doing great! Secondly, I am soooooooooooooo envious. Enjoy it! Mine are 7 mos. now and they NEVER slept when they were little. It was a nightmare.

Amy

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

My babies slept a lot until about 3.5 months.

7. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Mine slept a lot then as well...

Katie not so much, but she has loud big brothers keeping her up. I guess I do get lucky though, she sleeps from 9PM until 7 AM!! :banana: WOOT

8. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

My babies still sleep alot, they are up for 1-2 hours at a time 3-4 times a day and that is it. They seem to be thriving and hitting their milestones so I'm not worried about it, they just need alot of sleep, I think all babies are different though.

9. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

I wish mine would do that. The longest dd will sleep during the day is 45 minutes, then she wakes to eat, plays for about 30 mins then back to sleep. Both of mine are still eating every two hours so that does not leave very long for longer naps.