Almost 38 weeks!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by littletwinmom, May 6, 2009.

1. littletwinmom

littletwinmom Well-Known Member

OK well I have nothing exciting to report, hopefully you are making more progress than me Dielle!

I had my appt yesterday and I'm still not even dilated at all and baby is still way high up. She suggested lots of sex - yeah, that sounds really fun <_<

I have an optional c-section scheduled for next Friday, I would be 39 weeks. OR, I can keep waiting it out hoping for a VBAC. I have to admit I'm getting SO impatient! I'd love a VBAC but I don' want to go to 41 weeks and still end up with a c-section because I still haven't made any progress.....

OH, AND my OB is leaving town for 4 days ON my actual due date!!!!! That's not much of an incentive to wait it out because I would be crushed if she didn't deliver the baby!

Hope all you mommies are well!

2. fromthecabbagepatch

fromthecabbagepatch Well-Known Member

Congrats! You don't have much more time left to go.

Can't they schedule you for an induction? if you really want to go for the v-bac.. instead of doing a c-section on Friday.

Whatever you choose Good luck!! Hope it's not much longer for you :)

3. littletwinmom

Thanks!

I can't be induced unless I'm dilated to at least 3cm....because of a previous c-section. Right not still closed and high...

4. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Well start eating real pineapple. LOL! It worked for my 4th baby and a friend of mine decided to try it and she was in labor the next day. Google pineapple and labor. Anyways, I hope things work out for you just the way you want it to!!!

5. littletwinmom

Yes, I've read about the pineapple. Unfortunately I have gestational diabetes, so I have to go easy on the fruit....otherwise I LOVE fresh pineapple!

6. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

Everytime I look uncomfortable or make the slightest complaint, my DH tries the sex line on me. Um, I'm just not up for it, sorry! They didn't do an internal at my appt, because there's not really a point for me. I always dilate for weeks beforehand. Seriously, I've walked around dilated to 3-4cm for a month with a couple of my kiddos. Luckily, I don't have that c-section/VBAC issue to worry about. So far, I've had a few contractions that felt pretty real. But they haven't lasted. I even had a couple wake me up last night. But I think they were just a reaction to a very full bladder. I feel like this baby is WAY down low, so that's part of it. I usually carry mine really high, like under my ribs. But I haven't felt that at all this pregnancy, and right now I can't even sit w/ my knees together, because my belly is totally in the way. Hopefully we'll both have our little ones in our arms in very short order!!!

7. SuzanneTX

SuzanneTX Well-Known Member

I did a VBAC with my 3rd. Up until the day I delivered I only dilated to a 1cm. In fact, I went from a 2 to pushing in a couple of hours, so you never know! Maybe your labor will be fast (although mine was a little faster than I wanted) and you'll go soon. I wish you luck!

Now that I'm 4 months into having 3 children under 3 (for awhile it was 3 under 2), I'll tell you it's really not too bad. Going from no kids to 2 is WAY harder than going from 2 to 3. Our house is a mess and chaos reigns, but it's fun too. I have really enjoyed the special moments I get to spend from having only one infant to care for this time.

Suzanne

8. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

QUOTE(littletwinmom @ May 6 2009, 08:29 PM) [snapback]1303626[/snapback]
    I have an optional c-section scheduled for next Friday, I would be 39 weeks. OR, I can keep waiting it out hoping for a VBAC. I have to admit I'm getting SO impatient! I'd love a VBAC but I don' want to go to 41 weeks and still end up with a c-section because I still haven't made any progress.....

So what's the plan are you still going to go for a VBAC? They said I could do a trial labor, but my c-section will only be 13.5 months before. So curious to see what you are going to do.