Already tired and uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sscetta, Oct 25, 2011.

1. sscetta

sscetta Well-Known Member

I am new to twinstuff and thought this would be a good place to get advice. I am 25 weeks along with fraternal twins. We do not know or want to know their sexes. All of a sudden this week I feel exhausted and uncomfortable. Is this normal because up until now I have felt great and have been active with my 5 year old. Now I can barely stand the thought of going for a walk outside. Anyone else feeling so tired so early on?

2. twinmom2dana

twinmom2dana Well-Known Member

I say normal, especially since you have another child. I hit the wall at 25 wks. Up till that point I was doing pretty good. I quit work at 27, I started falling asleep on the job, literally. I felt better once I had the freedom to nap at will. Good luck!

3. FGMH

FGMH Well-Known Member

I totally agree that this is probably normal, especially with an older child to take care of. Changes in your energy level or well-being could also be your body telling you to take it slowly and rest more. But I would definitely call your OB and see if you can get checked for peace of mind, especially if this came suddenly.

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I think you are normal. The twin pregnancy is a killer, & by about 30 weeks, your body is about full term, but the babies aren't. I know at my 28 week virtual baby shower I had to lay down. I couldn't sit in a chair for 2 hours & be social.

5. sscetta

Thanks for listening. I don't think other people understand that this time around it is soooo much harder than when I was pregnant with just one. I don't want to be a whiner and I try hard not to complain cause I am thrilled to be having twins but some days it just tough. Glad you ladies all understand.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm pregnant with 1 right now. Let me tell you- it's worlds apart from being pregnant with 2. I do WAY more physical work now (chasing after two busy 2 year olds) than I did when pregnant with them (a desk job). I was miserable with them; this time, I feel pretty great.

Whine anytime- we've all been there. :hug:

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

That's about when I hit the wall too -- I remember it being around 26 weeks, but I didn't have another child. I remember having to get a tall stool in the kitchen so I could sit down while I stirred whatever was on the stove.

8. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Like the girls said, it is pretty normal. Hope you are able to rest a bit

9. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

Same here, was tired all through my pregnancy... How are your iron levels? Mine dropped very low and I had to take two tablets a day which was not too good on the ol' bowel movements I tell you! But I had the dr's surgery calling me to make sure I was taking them if my blood count came back too low so make sure you get that checked out because low iron can cause extreme tiredness and lack of breath. I wasn't working so was able to have a nap in the afternoon as I was so uncomfortable, I slept terribly!

And welcome to TS! You will come to love it here as I have, there so many lovely ladies to help you through with anything you want to ask about!

10. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

I just hit 24 weeks and I'm definitely having the same thing! I has just gotten to the point where I didn't need a nap the vast majority of days and now I feel almost like I'm back in the first trimester. This pregnancy is worlds apart from my singleton pregnancy! People who havent carried twins just don't get it. It seems to me like you go straight from the nausea and exhaustion of the first trimester to the discomfort and exhaustion of the third, with no break in between!

1 person likes this.
  11. sscetta

The "honeymoon" phase didn't last too long at all you're right. I guess that puts your due date since your 24 weeks right near mine. (Feb 4th). We'll compare notes and exchange complaints along the way. LOL.

1 person likes this.
  12. 3under2!

Oh yay! I'm so excited to have a complaining partner :) My due date is Feb 12. We're getting there!

1 person likes this.
  13. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

Just wanted to chime in as my singleton due date is Feb 9. It's cool there are a few of us close together! Here's to 2012 babies!

Amy

14. sscetta

That's great Amy. I hope you're feeling good so far. I had hit a wall the other day but yesterday and today I am feeling much better. I guess it's like a roller coaster ride from here on out. We have to take advantage of those good days. Do you know what you're having?

15. Tobaira

Tobaira Well-Known Member

lol I'll join in on the Feb buddies ;-P Our girls are due the 14th.

16. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

I am feeling better now than at any other point in my pregnancy. Nausea/vomiting and fatigue have been MAJOR issues. Working from home two days a week is really helping. I've been on my couch all day and am still in my PJs. :) Oh yeah, we're having two boys. You?

17. 3under2!

As of right now, we're not finding out, but the temptation is so big at every ultrsound, so you never know :D It's so fun that there are so many of us 'due' in February!

I got REALLY spoiled as my mom came for 8 days and took care of everything- my baby, laundry, cleaning, dinner.....she left on tuesday and I'm having a very hard time getting back into things...

18. sscetta

You're right about the temptation to find out. With my first one I didn't have all these ultrasounds so I made my decision and that was that. This time around I always consider changing my mind. My husband is very strong about not finding out and I think that's the only thing stopping me from asking each time I go.

Nice to see so many February friends.

19. praises1139

praises1139 Well-Known Member

normal...i had my baby shower right at 26wks and sitting in a cushy chair proved to be so uncomfortable. by the end i was dying to go lie down. i had already been on bedrest for a few weeks, so i wasn't that tired at that point. however i will be 31wks tomorrow and the last week or 2 i've been SOOOOO tired.