Am I Crazy... or is this a cute choice for B/G twins?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Angelaandtwins, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Angelaandtwins

Angelaandtwins Well-Known Member

I am totally in love with the names Jackson and Jillian for b/g twins (we don't know the sexes yet but are trying to come up with some possible combinations...)

We have a DD named Katherine (Katie) already.

My dh says he would hate for them to be called Jack and ill but I don't have a problem with it - I think it's cute!!

Input? Seriously, all opinions welcome here - I need a bunch of second opinions!

Thanks,
    Angela

2. Angelaandtwins

QUOTE(Angela2 @ Dec 6 2007, 12:20 AM) [snapback]522808[/snapback]
    My dh says he would hate for them to be called Jack and ill but I don't have a problem with it - I think it's cute!!

Sorry, that should read "Jack and Jill"

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I like the full names Jackson and Jillian, but I think your DH is right when its shortened its not my favorite combination.

4. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

I don't mind Jackson and Jillian but do NOT like Jack and Jill! LOL!

5. c0nfuzd_drumr07

c0nfuzd_drumr07 Active Member

I'm with the others. I like Jackson and Jillian but... Jack and Jill not so much... It is basically inevitable that people would call them Jack and Jill unless you were REALLY clear that their names were Jackson and Jillian and not the nicknames.

6. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

I love it very cute..

If u wanted to get away from the Jack and Jill thing u could always go

Jackson and Gillian

amanda

7. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

My cousins are Jaclyn and Jillian and guess what their nicknames are? Yep, Jac and Jill.

I'm all for cutesy matchy names (unfortunately, I had a DH that was NOT).

8. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

I'm not usually one for cutesy names, but I like Jack and Jill. I'm a Nascar Fan (namely-Jeff Gordon fan), and when the boys were in utero they were called Jeff and Gordon, and I considered that for their middle names-but dh nixed that.

9. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

What sounds cute to us might be torture in the schoolyard. That's what you really have to consider. What if other kids follow them around chanting the "Jack and Jill" rhyme? Some people can laugh that kind of thing off, but other people not so much.

10. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(ThingNumber1 @ Dec 6 2007, 02:48 AM) [snapback]522843[/snapback]
    I'm with the others. I like Jackson and Jillian but... Jack and Jill not so much... It is basically inevitable that people would call them Jack and Jill unless you were REALLY clear that their names were Jackson and Jillian and not the nicknames.

Even if you want them to be called Jackson and Jillian, that may not stick as they get older.

QUOTE(rubyturquoise @ Dec 6 2007, 07:44 AM) [snapback]522906[/snapback]
    What sounds cute to us might be torture in the schoolyard. That's what you really have to consider. What if other kids follow them around chanting the "Jack and Jill" rhyme? Some people can laugh that kind of thing off, but other people not so much.

My thoughts exactly!

11. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

I agree with the other posts.....I love Jackson and Jillian.....but Jack and Jill, not so much.....think of the school yard banter they would go through!

Sorry,

Missy
    :FIFblush:

12. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

Totally agree with the others. One or the other names need to be changed. Unless you have super confident kids it could be a tough haul at school.
    If you want 2 J names some other options:

Jefferson
    Jake
    Joshua

Jaynie
    Julia
    Jacinda
    Jacey
    Jolene

13. natasha163

natasha163 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ThingNumber1 @ Dec 6 2007, 02:48 AM) [snapback]522843[/snapback]

i agree...both lovely names on there own, but i would think not for twins...even if you could get everyone to call them by the long version, i' m sure they would still get jack and jill at school if not by fruiiends, then by others who don't mean so well.

sorry, but i think kids get enough to be teased about without giving them names that would likely be a teasing point.

Pick the name you like the best and then find another j name to go with it.

Jackson and jessebelle, (jack and jess) :wub:
    jackson and jessica
    jackson and jade :wub:
    jackson and jaime
    jackson and jannah
    jackson and jaslyn( Jack and jas) :wub:
    jackson and jasmine
    jackson and Jemma

goodluck

14. rayelynn

rayelynn Well-Known Member

Uhh, yes you are crazy. :crazy: Mmm, no do not name your kids Jackson and Jillian :nea: unless you are willing to pay for therapy. :lol:

15. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

Um, no.

16. Penguin_ie

Penguin_ie Well-Known Member

I think Jack and Jill is funny/ cute, though your twins probably wont think so when they get called it at school....

17. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I like both those names, but I think unless you are a very patient soul, having people comment on the combo "Jack and Jill" is going to drive you nutso.

18. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I personally do not like them. I don't like real cutesy names for twins or ones that are similar. Jackson and Jillian are okay, but still too similar for me. But I don't like Jack and Jill, I think they would get teased.

19. Mellizos

Mellizos Well-Known Member

jackson and jaslyn( Jack and jas)

Too close to jack@ss. Sorry. :pardon:

20. jkendall

jkendall Well-Known Member

I personally love it! I actually thought of that exact combination but my DH didn't like it either (thought they would be made fun of when they got older). So, we are going with Jackson for the boy still (Jack) and we are naming our little girl Claire.

21. Angelaandtwins

Thanks everyone - we areprobably going to stick with Jackson if we have a boy in there (it's a family name) but I'm convinced that I will rethink Jillian. :a_smil09:

Angela

22. vickyc76

vickyc76 Well-Known Member

ok, I did not even pick up on the Jack and Jill thing just because I am not a big fan of nicknames so I don't tend to shorten names in my head. I just think it's easier to name a child what you intend to call them.

I will tell you that if I were to have boy girl twins right now I would name them Jackson and Georgia. So I love Jackson and you might well change Jillian to a start with a G and it would not be so obvious. Also, as long as you don't nickname them other people most likely won't either.

23. missmagoo

missmagoo Member

I think they are adorable names myself. Until you pointed it out I would have not thought of Jack & Jill.

24. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

Absolutely adorable and they look so good together. Unfortunately, the nicknames are just bad. I would end up changing one or the other of them.

25. Angelaandtwins

Oh well - moot point now I suppose! Just found out we are having two boys!

Jackson David is still my favorite and we'll probably use it for one of them...

Angela