am i OCD or what??

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by bridget nanette, Nov 25, 2006.

1. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

The other day, my friend was over and I was feeding the babies in their high chairs, and as I always do, I constantly put their food in piles that are the same. For example, if a piece of cheese is put back on the tray amongst the peaches, I pick out the cheese and put it back in its own little pile.

(Does that make sense?)

My friend said, "Bridget?? What are you doing?"

I tell her I always do this, I am constantly organizing the babies' trays like that. I'm just putting "like" foods together.

Does any one else do this? Or am I just too obsessive-compulsive??

Bridget

2. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

The other day, my friend was over and I was feeding the babies in their high chairs, and as I always do, I constantly put their food in piles that are the same. For example, if a piece of cheese is put back on the tray amongst the peaches, I pick out the cheese and put it back in its own little pile.

(Does that make sense?)

My friend said, "Bridget?? What are you doing?"

I tell her I always do this, I am constantly organizing the babies' trays like that. I'm just putting "like" foods together.

Does any one else do this? Or am I just too obsessive-compulsive??

Bridget

3. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

OCD for sure haha,, I have heard of children who don't like their food touching, u could end up with little one's like that hehe, just joking,, whatever works for you!!

amanda

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

[​IMG] Sorry to laugh Bridget!!! OCD all the way!!!

Let THEM play and organize their food. It's part of the experience. IF YOU CAN [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. candctwinfactory

candctwinfactory Well-Known Member

Laugh!!

I don't re-organize once the food is on the try, but I do make sure they have the exact same trays. Even counting how many gold fish, fruit slices, cheese pieces, etc.. I have to stop myself when someone steals a piece from the other's tray not to even out the count. OCD for sure...

6. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

OK, ummm that sounds OCD! [​IMG]
    I don't care if their food mixes. In fact, sometimes I hope that if a pea mixes in with the peaches, that maybe they will inadvertently eat the pea.

7. Moms2NTwins

Moms2NTwins Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by C&CTwinFactory:
    Laugh!!

I don't re-organize once the food is on the try, but I do make sure they have the exact same trays. Even counting how many gold fish, fruit slices, cheese pieces, etc.. I have to stop myself when someone steals a piece from the other's tray not to even out the count. OCD for sure...

[​IMG] that is so me. If one has 5 goldfish and I pour 6 out on the ther tray I snag the 6th one and eat it lol

8. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

oh my gosh, I'm OCD too haha, just realized reading that, everything has to be equal, same amount goldfish, slices of cheese, milk poured to exactly the same spot ahhhh...I guess obsessive about keeping things equal with twins..

9. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

quote:
    I hope that if a pea mixes in with the peaches, that maybe they will inadvertently eat the pea.

This. (Although they never do! They will reach for it, then you can see them thinking "Yikes, that's a pea!" and they carefully avoid it. [​IMG])

I am OCD in my life in general, but decidedly not when it comes to their food. I try not to let one baby's snot get in the other baby's food, but that's about it. But maybe it will be different when they are old enough to care who has more of what...?

10. sharon_with_j_and_n

sharon_with_j_and_n Well-Known Member

I can't imagine doing that, but I am the opposite of OCD when it comes to feeding my kids. I had a neice who DID NOT EAT and every meal was a struggle, so I vowed that I would be very relaxed with my girls' meals. That may be why we're still using bibs at 3 and 1/2 years old LOL.

[​IMG]

11. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I used to organize their foods like that in the beginning but not once they start eating. I guess I would be concerned that they'd get so used to their food not touching that they may learn to get upset if their food is not seperated like that.

12. HBMOMOF2SETS

HBMOMOF2SETS Well-Known Member

I start out their plates with each food in their own spots but it never stays that way for long!!
    Christine