Am I on candid camera?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Shohenadel, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Shohenadel

Shohenadel Well-Known Member

Seriously that is how I feel sometimes when I'm chasing around my 16 month old twin girls! :silly: I feel like I'm in a comedy routine!!! Some examples:

As I'm putting the toys away in the toy box, they are double teaming me and flinging them on the floor!

Me chasing them around their bedroom trying to get their diapers on after bathtime (before one of them pees on the rug again!)

Me putting their hats on their heads at least 100 times when they are playing outside (saying to them "HATS ON") only to have them pull them off again when I turn around. When I finally get them to keep them on their heads, then they pull them off of each other's heads! The neighbors must be watching me and laughing like crazy!

So many times I have cracked up laughing at myself because I realize I must look so ridiculous!!!! If there were hidden cameras in my house I could surely make some serious dough.

Shannon

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh yeah, I can totally relate to that! Sometimes it feels like it is sheer mayhem! :laughing:

3. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

:laughing: Totally feel the same way!!!! Especially about the bath time! I have to bath all 3 little ones by myself on Wed and I swear that it could be part of a comedy routine. I can count the number of times I've taken one kid out, put on a new diaper, taken another kid out to put on their diaper while the other one is back in the tub--with their new diaper on :headbang: :laughing:
    Oh yeah today I was changing diapers on the floor and I had changed 2 dirty ones and set them down next to me, was on the 3rd when I turned around and my youngest was dragging them around the room :bad: I go to clean that up and the one that I didn't get a chance to finish diapering, is peeing on the carpet :crazy:
    Oh yes this is fun LOL :silly:

4. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

I feel the same way! Sometimes I think about setting up a nanny cam, just so that I can watch the replay at night and have a good laugh (It might be funnier and more entertaining than what is on TV right now)! I think I laugh the most when I am in the moment, and then realize how ridiculus this must look to an outsider!