Am I the only one who does this?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by babyhopes09, Oct 11, 2012.

1. babyhopes09

babyhopes09 Well-Known Member

I think I am starting to lose my mind these days! Our 2 major milestone battles going on right now are the big girl beds and potty training..... I assume I'm in good company with this!

But.... I wondered if anyone is sleeping their little ones in pack n plays instead of cribs or beds? We did the transition to mattresses on the floor, took everything out of the room, etc... And It was going okay until DD1 started pulling her sister's hair out in clumps the moment we closed the door...... So we separated them into different rooms And because they we climbing out of their cribs we figured that pack plays were the way to go since they were much lower to the ground.... They still climb out every so often, but they don't do it very often....we plan on setting up big girl beds very soon, but sometimes I wonder if they should just stay as is for a little while longer...until they are a few months older... I want them ba k in the room together and they are just 2.5..what do you think?

Potty training...the thorn in my side! My girls have seemed to regress...we are having trouble getting our babysitter to buy into potty training..she is only here 2 days per week, but it seems like we've gone backwards. So... I got padded underwear for them and we are finally making progress, but I hesitate to put them in them when they are not with me... Will this hurt them? We also introduced a my little pony today that sits above our refrigerator... We call him " the poo poo pony" and he only comes out to play when there are poops in the potty... We'll see if that works.......

2. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

We had to separate when transitioning to toddler beds due to extreme fighting. If you are able to keep them separated, I would transition them now. That way they can learn how to fall asleep in their big girl beds before they are moved into the same room. We separated for 4.5 months and now they are much better. Dealing with a transition without sibling intervention makes things much easier!