American Idol 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by moski, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I think it is the editing of the show making it drag on. And I cannot believe a couple of the people they put through tonight!!!

2. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Tatiana got through :mad: . And Craig's gal got through, too! ;) My husband thanks you for sharing that website, Craig!

3. Chrissy Nelson

I think it is funny that the funny dude got through. I am routing for the chick with the tattoo sleeve arm or the blind guy (I still do not know his name). I also like the Indian guy, the guy from Puerto Rico and the guy with the short messy curly hair that was taking care of his mom.

I amnot a fan of many of the ladies.

4. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I like a lot of them right now. My faves are Adam, Danny, and Anoop. I think someone needs to gag Tatiana.

5. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

Vote for the worst is going to love Tatiana this year :rolleyes: They will probably love spandex,hairband boy too!!

Maureen I saw that Danny got through, but his friend did not. :(

6. moski

QUOTE(CCJN @ Feb 12 2009, 06:42 AM) [snapback]1187076[/snapback]
    Vote for the worst is going to love Tatiana this year :rolleyes: They will probably love spandex,hairband boy too!!

Maureen I saw that Danny got through, but his friend did not. :(

I know, I was very sad for him. I liked him a lot.

7. Mama_Kim

Joanna Pacitti out, Felicia Barton in.

I heard about Joanna Pacitti's former record deal and relationship with these two execs on the radio yesterday morning, so this really came as no surprise.

8. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

Ugh Taitiana drives me nuts! I hope she doesn't last long. You just want to smack her!

9. Chrissy Nelson

Tatianna makes me want to throw up everytime she opens her mouth. She also flips that hair around like crazy.

10. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 12 2009, 08:38 PM) [snapback]1188171[/snapback]
    Tatianna makes me want to throw up everytime she opens her mouth. She also flips that hair around like crazy.

She makes me want to YAK as well!! She's INCREDIBLY ANNOYING! That they couldn't find ONE singer better than her in all those gals is INCREDIBLE!!! They were smoking some serious CRACK!

11. ehm

ehm Banned

So top 3 each night stay! That is going to reduce the number very quickly.

12. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

WOW! You aren't kidding!

This part is SO hard for me because what if there are 4 in one group who deserve to stay and 2 in another!! This drives me nuts! How do you divide the groups. What if you get all the best people in the same group, then someone loses a chance at their dream! :(

13. ehm

ehm Banned

They are bringing back the wild card this year so while it won't be an end all save all, it does have the potential for some to still survive if they were not in the ideal group.

14. mar66rus2

Ok, so are there 3 groups of 12? If the top three go from all three groups, then that leaves 9 to compete. I thought they were breaking these down to the Top 12. AI is confusing me this year!!!!

15. ehm

ehm Banned

It all made sense to me when I was thinking 3 from each night and 3 wild cards but doesn't each judge choose a wild card so that would be 13 not 12 right?

ETA: So I am searching to see if I can find the info but interestingly came across this;

"There's a big surprise coming when we get to the Top 12, but I can't reveal it right now," Fox reality chief Mike Darnell told TV Week in an interview released Sunday. "It is something that will be talked about and is something I think that has some element of controversy surrounding it.

ok here is the info

After the first nine finalists are selected by viewer votes, judges will then select the final three contestants following a special wild card round March 5.

16. ehm

ehm Banned

The three people are highest vote getting male, highest vote getting female then whoever was next in highest votes.

Very interesting!

17. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(ehm @ Feb 17 2009, 01:48 PM) [snapback]1193462[/snapback]
    The three people are highest vote getting male, highest vote getting female then whoever was next in highest votes.

Very interesting!

Where did you read that? What new reality tv site should i know about?
    Should make it interesting.

18. ehm

ehm Banned

19. Chrissy Nelson

Not a good night tonight....

Is that Neil Patrick Harris and Ted Danson in the Audience???

20. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 17 2009, 07:35 PM) [snapback]1194210[/snapback]
    Not a good night tonight....

Is that Neil Patrick Harris and Ted Danson in the Audience???

I saw them too!!

Stevie was WAY OUT OF PITCH!

The first girl's outfit was whack!! What's with the high tops?!

21. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I think Casey blew it! Fortunately she has her looks to keep her in!

I'm underwhelmed thus far!

Well, I liked the Braddy guy and the little spitfire with pink hair!

22. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Ok, was it just ME or did Tatiana have a thicker accent this time? She didn't suck like I wanted her to! ;)

I thought that Danny Gokey was great!!

23. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

QUOTE(momof5 @ Feb 1 2009, 04:54 AM) [snapback]1171143[/snapback]
    Does anyone else cry when the contestants get their golden ticket and go out to their excited crying families? Am I the only overly emotional one? My DH and kids love to make fun of me!

I cant believe Dannys friend (cant remember his name) got voted off! I thought he was great.

I cry all the time! When they get their tickets, when they get through, when they get voted off! I am a big blubbering mess!! Anwyas i cant read anymore of your comments as over here we are a week behind you and i did this last year and found out what happened before i actually watched the show arrrghh!!

P.S did you not love simon telling tatianna to try and stop being annoying for once in her life!! Fantastic, that girl needs gagged!x

24. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

Still not blown away by anybody, but I guess Danny and the red-hair streaked 21-year-old girl were the best and I think I'd like to see Jackie continue as I like her personality. Casey can stick to swimsuit modeling because her version of Every little thing she does is magic set back two industries (music and magic) in one broad stroke.

25. Mama_Kim

No kidding, Craig. What was she thinking?

Danny was the best in the ones I saw. I only saw the second half though.

26. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

Danny and Alexis were my favorites from last night. There were some other performaces that were "ok" but nothing that made me go w :eek: w

I do think Anoop is adorable :wub: He has a nice voice, agreed with judges though last night was not his best performance.

27. moski

Danny and Alexis were also my favorites last night. And Craig, you are so right about Casey...awful song choice for her...she should've left that song to Sting.

Di, I did notice that Tatianna's accent was thicker last night, but maybe it was because in the past you couldn't detect her accent with all the "mmmmmhhhhheeeeemmmmehhhheeeeehhheeeeireallllymmmmwwannnntttthisssmmmmheeee". Still don't like her if you couldn't tell ;) .

28. caba

caba Banned

Danny will be the top guy vote getter ... and Alexis will be the top girl vote getter ... and I think the second guy that sang (can't remember his name) should be the third person to go through ... the girls sucked last night ...

29. Mama_Kim

I really liked Jackie Tohn, Ricky Braddy, Alexis Grace (although she was treading on thin ice with me since both Aretha and Aerosmith totally knock that song out of the ballpark, yet she did it proud), Anoop Desai (more because I love his voice than last night's performance), and Danny Gokey (my absolute favorite). The rest were either forgettable as Brent Keith, or downright awful as Stevie Wright and Casey Carlson. So only three go through? Tough choice but I'd pick Jackie, Alexis, and Danny with Ricky or Anoop being the wild card choice.

30. mar66rus2

I think Danny and Alexis will go on. I like Anoop too. I think he has potential, and he reminded me of Elliott Yamin.

31. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(moski @ Feb 18 2009, 07:17 AM) [snapback]1194692[/snapback]
    Danny and Alexis were also my favorites last night. And Craig, you are so right about Casey...awful song choice for her...she should've left that song to Sting.

Di, I did notice that Tatianna's accent was thicker last night, but maybe it was because in the past you couldn't detect her accent with all the "mmmmmhhhhheeeeemmmmehhhheeeeehhheeeeireallllymmmmwwannnntttthisssmmmmheeee". Still don't like her if you couldn't tell ;) .

She was ridiculous! She can't possibly be a top vote getter, right? I guess I should have voted for Alexis!! :eek:

QUOTE(caba @ Feb 18 2009, 07:20 AM) [snapback]1194705[/snapback]
    Danny will be the top guy vote getter ... and Alexis will be the top girl vote getter ... and I think the second guy that sang (can't remember his name) should be the third person to go through ... the girls sucked last night ...

Ricky Braddy!! Yes, I agree!! With all three choices!

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 18 2009, 07:39 AM) [snapback]1194740[/snapback]
    I really liked Jackie Tohn, Ricky Braddy, Alexis Grace (although she was treading on thin ice with me since both Aretha and Aerosmith totally knock that song out of the ballpark, yet she did it proud), Anoop Desai (more because I love his voice than last night's performance), and Danny Gokey (my absolute favorite). The rest were either forgettable as Brent Keith, or downright awful as Stevie Wright and Casey Carlson. So only three go through? Tough choice but I'd pick Jackie, Alexis, and Danny with Ricky or Anoop being the wild card choice.

I had a hard time with Jackie's outfit. Not sure what's up with the high tops? (I'm all about comfort, but it was odd.) She did perform well! But I wouldn't put her through.

Craig, you are correct about Casey! WHOA!!!! :eek: She had her shot and blew it!

I agree Lou, Danny's friend SHOULD have made it!!! That was a HUGE oversight!

32. Chrissy Nelson

I was not blown away by anyone. I think Danny is good but not fabulous. The chick with the pink in her hair is the best out of everyone that went last night. I think I would put Anoop above Danny, But Danny has the "look" Anoop does not, yet though wait until those stylist get him.

I feel for Danny with his wife dying so much, I just hope they do not talk about it in every episode. I know I am heartless.... I guess what I liked about David Cook last year is you know he was battling his person life with his brothers sickness and I do not think they mentioned it once during the show.

On a side note does anyone else think of Lisa Goeke everytime they see Danny???

33. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

So I finally watched my Tivo'd idol. Don't know if this was discussed here yet?...but what do you think of the 4 person panel? While I think Kara offers good critique and insight, I think it drags out the discussion too much! Simon barely has a half minute to say anything. And when it comes down to it...I'm most interested to hear what he has to say.

I thought it was awkward with some of the parents on the couch last night with Ryan Seacrest. Some contestants had no one. Wonder if family members had to pay their own way to get there? Maybe that's why some were there and some not.

Don't think I like this new system of only the top 3 each week getting in the top 12. I think its unfair to contestants that weren't profiled during Hollywood week. For some, you saw them the first and maybe the only time last night.

Last night liked Alexis, Danny and Jackie (she's fun and different). Anyone remember that website that had the idol predictions each week? Can't remember it and wanted to check it out.

34. moski

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 18 2009, 01:09 PM) [snapback]1195066[/snapback]

On a side note does anyone else think of Lisa Goeke everytime they see Danny???

I do!

35. ehm

ehm Banned

I too though the family thing felt very awkward, the whole thing just seemed weird.

I think the site you mean is dialidol.com