American Idol 2009

Discussion in 'General' started by moski, Jan 11, 2009.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

That darn Tatiana. Ju' Nout totally should have had that spot.

At least the 3 I voted for got through.

2. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

I find it difficult to believe that the choice of Tatiana was unanimous among the judges for her to make it through. :umm:

3. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(Katheryn @ Mar 5 2009, 12:52 AM) [snapback]1215131[/snapback]
    I find it difficult to believe that the choice of Tatiana was unanimous among the judges for her to make it through. :umm:

The look on Simon's face said that it wasn't.

4. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

Ok though I'm absolutely thrilled that Anoop is back :D

Can't believe they brought Tatiana back :angry:

5. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Personally, I believe they brought Tatiana back for the ratings because as annoying as she is, you always wonder what insane thing she is going to do or say. I can't stand her. She has NOOOOOOOOOOOO chance at being the winner. I was also very very disappointed that Macnamara didn't make it. She was a favorite of Dh and I. Oh well.

So, here is my top 6 (that's all I can narrow it down to right now)

Danny
    Jorge (Puerto Rico...HO OH!!! Boriquas en la casa!!)
    Lil Rounds (dang that girl can sing!!!)
    The chick with the tatooed arm (so glad she is back in!!! though I know she is not in, in...yet.)
    Alexis
    And the rock girl with the red hair. She is incredible as well! (I'm so hoping she sings Pink's So What. I could totally hear her singing that song with the kind of voice she has).

6. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Mar 4 2009, 10:05 AM) [snapback]1214094[/snapback]
    I loved Ju Nots performance as well, he has a wonderful voice. I think he needs to get through as a wild card. Jorge is just wonderful and his voice is great. Lil Rounds is fantastic, she is a performer too with her interaction, althought Devon could not stop talking about her booty LOL.

Scot is just going to be great in the coming up rounds.

I couldn't stop talking about her tiny little waist and big ol' round thing in your face! :laughing: She's what they wrote the song about!

QUOTE(Katheryn @ Mar 4 2009, 10:20 AM) [snapback]1214117[/snapback]
    Last night was a very lack luster show. The only 2 that were any good were Lil and Ju Not. I'm just wasn't "wowed" by any of them. I'm anxious for the final 12 to be picked so we can get down to business! I'm not sure I'm liking the way they have 36 this year to weed down to 12 but I appreciate the effort for trying new things with the show.

You're BACK!!! :banana: I was wondering where you were!! :D (Or I'm just insane! Which is possible!)

I would have probably preferred that Felicia go through instead of Scott. I hate thinking he got 'sympathy' votes...Even if he didn't....

DON'T EVEN GET ME STARTED ON THEM GIVING TATIANA another CHANCE!!! :angry: :eek: If they put her through in this round I am going to SCREAM!!!

7. Chrissy Nelson

Personally I am starting to like Danny less out of the group, OMG did I just say that. I think that out of everyone LIl Rounds is the entire package!!!

8. moski

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Mar 5 2009, 07:00 PM) [snapback]1215970[/snapback]
    Personally I am starting to like Danny less out of the group, OMG did I just say that. I think that out of everyone LIl Rounds is the entire package!!!

I would like to see Danny and Lil in the finals.

9. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I haven't picked my final two yet. I'm waiting to see the WHOLE group and all of them perform!

10. Katheryn

Ah...didn't know I was missed! :hug:

I haven't picked any faves yet. It's too early for me yet. I have to see how they do in the upcoming weeks. So much can change. Last season I didn't like David Cook before the final 12 were picked. By the second week in he was the one to watch! :good:

11. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

What a great ending to the final 12 wildcard picks!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I mean final 13 Woooooooohooooooooo for Anoop!!!
    :banana:

And Bye Bye
    Tatiana!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :p

12. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

:banana: :banana: :banana:

13. Chrissy Nelson

Ok who got through my Tivo cut off cause they were treating you know who like a baby.... I saw the first 2.

14. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Mar 5 2009, 09:48 PM) [snapback]1216229[/snapback]
    Ok who got through my Tivo cut off cause they were treating you know who like a baby.... I saw the first 2.

Did you see last two standing before break?
    It was down to Matt and Anoop, they both got in Now the final 13!!!

15. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(double-or-nothing @ Mar 5 2009, 04:35 PM) [snapback]1215826[/snapback]
    Personally, I believe they brought Tatiana back for the ratings because as annoying as she is, you always wonder what insane thing she is going to do or say. I can't stand her. She has NOOOOOOOOOOOO chance at being the winner. I was also very very disappointed that Macnamara didn't make it. She was a favorite of Dh and I. Oh well.

So, here is my top 6 (that's all I can narrow it down to right now)

Danny
    Jorge (Puerto Rico...HO OH!!! Boriquas en la casa!!)
    Lil Rounds (dang that girl can sing!!!)
    The chick with the tatooed arm (so glad she is back in!!! though I know she is not in, in...yet.)
    Alexis
    And the rock girl with the red hair. She is incredible as well! (I'm so hoping she sings Pink's So What. I could totally hear her singing that song with the kind of voice she has).

these would be my choices!
    And maybe anoop.
    Ok, that made up for the Jacob comment.
    It's all good. :D

16. Chrissy Nelson

QUOTE(CCJN @ Mar 6 2009, 02:53 AM) [snapback]1216236[/snapback]
    Did you see last two standing before break?
    It was down to Matt and Anoop, they both got in Now the final 13!!!

Cool thanks.

17. Mama_Kim

I'm so glad Tatiana finally got the boot. Talk about a drama queen! The thing that ticked me off more than anything was how she ruins the moment for the person going on to the top 12. Instead of being gracious and saying, "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!" - no, she has to be all weepy and crying and woe is me. :angry: What should be their moment suddenly becomes all about her. Don't you think every other person who's chances at the top 12 are now gone felt sad and wished it had been them? But have a little class and be gracious to those who did move on! Ugh, I am so glad the drama ends with her.

18. moski

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Mar 6 2009, 09:27 AM) [snapback]1216596[/snapback]
    I'm so glad Tatiana finally got the boot. Talk about a drama queen! The thing that ticked me off more than anything was how she ruins the moment for the person going on to the top 12. Instead of being gracious and saying, "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!" - no, she has to be all weepy and crying and woe is me. :angry: What should be their moment suddenly becomes all about her. Don't you think every other person who's chances at the top 12 are now gone felt sad and wished it had been them? But have a little class and be gracious to those who did move on! Ugh, I am so glad the drama ends with her.

And how they all had to comfort her as she went over and stood in front of them crying. I was po'd myself at that. Sooooo glad she is gone!!

And I was so happy when Anoop got made number 13!!

19. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Mar 6 2009, 07:27 AM) [snapback]1216596[/snapback]

[SIZE=18pt]EXACTLY! And how PAULA FED INTO IT! :eek: :angry: [/SIZE]

:banana: My DVR cut it off, so I am SOOOOOO happy that Anoop and Matt made it!!! I really liked Matt last night. Megan was a foredrawn conclusion and so was the first girl. They had said they were BOTH the WHOLE PACKAGE....

:banana:

20. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Ju 'Not should have been in the wildcard round he was really good. Im gutted that Jackie never got through either i really liked her. So glad they decided to make it a final 13 Anoop totally deserved to be there!! YEAH NO MORE TATIANNA!! What an is with all the i love you, i love everybody, omg i love you Paula crap! What an annoying little brat she is. So glad she never got through. Lol can you tell im not that keen on Tatianna! x

21. Katheryn

I'm so glad Tatiana finally got the boot. Talk about a drama queen! The thing that ticked me off more than anything was how she ruins the moment for the person going on to the top 12. Instead of being gracious and saying, "Congratulations! I'm so happy for you!" - no, she has to be all weepy and crying and woe is me. What should be their moment suddenly becomes all about her. Don't you think every other person who's chances at the top 12 are now gone felt sad and wished it had been them? But have a little class and be gracious to those who did move on! Ugh, I am so glad the drama ends with her.

Well said, Kim! Paula's feeding into Tatiana's selfish, weepy behavior really annoyed me, too. Paula bugs me anyway :nea:

22. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

For the first time this season I really enjoyed all the performances (or at leas all but just one or two). The first seven performers were all fine - none were blowout performances, but most were solid (Scott maybe was the least memorable?) Then you hit the low notes of the night with Anoop's horrid Beat It, the just-okay Jorge performance and then the brutal Rocking Robin by Megan (who needs to go). But the highlights of the night were Adam who is easily showing himself as the most polished and talented performer and who was great with Black and White and Matt who was really, really good with Human Nature.

My top three were Adam, Matt and Allison (I thought she had as good vocals as anyone tonight) with Danny a close 4th. Alexis and Kris were both fine too and Lil Rounds was subpar for her but probably safe. Jasmine could be in trouble and Michael will probably be safe.

I'll say if they vote two off it will be between Anoop, Jasmine, Megan and Jorge. Kind of early in the game, but I think the four who are most likely to be the finalists are Adam, Danny, Lil and maybe Allison or perhaps Matt.

23. Mama_Kim

Great show tonight! I think it really showcased what a fantastic back catalogue MJ has, although there were a few odd choices. Dirty Diana and Human Nature -- two of my very favorite MJ songs.

My #1 pick of the season so far? ADAM LAMBERT!!!!!! He is ridiculously amazing!!

I also enjoyed Danny Gokey a lot, Allsion Iraheta (what a voice!), Megan Joy Corkrey, and Matt Giraud. Those are my favorites right now. I really like Jorge Nuñez too and thought he sang well just not his best song choice.

My disappointments tonight were Lil Rounds (she was not awful, but not as great as usual) and Anoop Desai (Beat It? C'mon, dude -- that song is iconic!).

Alexis Grace, Kris Allen, Scott MacIntyre, Lil, and Jasmine all deserve another chance. Sadly, I'd probably send Michael Sarver and Anoop home right now. Both very likeable guys but nothing standout after tonight.

I only voted for ADAM, though!! :D

24. Chrissy Nelson

Adam was AMAZING!! Told ya he is the guy to beat, love him. He is the best. Allison is the best female singer by far. For her age she is just amazing.

I was bummed with Lil Rounds, Matt was good too. Danny is good and in the top 5 tonight. I just wish Jorge would have done better because I like him better than Danny.

Human Nature is my Favorite MJ song right behind Leave Me Alone which I wish someone would have done.

So what do you guys think the mix up is going to be that they were talking about??? Does anyone else notice that Simon always has his lighter in his hand ready to run off the stage to go have a smoke, when he is giving his remarks.

25. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Ok, PAULA....that chicken didn't do ANYTHING to you!!! Tone down the blush Paula!

LIL!!! She can perform and DANG she can sing!!! Tough act to follow! I'm a FAN!

Scott I'm a sucker for a piano player! (Billy anyone?) Not sure what the song is....(Michael Jackson? :eek: ) - Ok, the voice wasn't really working for me tonight! Have to agree with Simon.

Danny Great performance. DH thought it was shouting a lot. I liked it!!! It was a little more current than the original. FAN!!!

Michael He did a good job, but it's just not for me. Didn't know this song at all either! Hard to follow Danny!

Jasmine BIG VOICE - she looked DARLING!!! (cute as button) but her voice is fantastic! Oh what a night!

Kris What a cute couple! :wub: He's so cute to me. Barely recognize the song, but I just like this guy and his voice. I didn't hear the notes that were off! (Guitar was drowned out).

Allison Love how she rocked it up!! DANG GIRL!!!! Seems WAY beyond 16!!! Love her too!!

Anoop Stylists got to his hair! :good: I hate to say that so far he's the weakest vocalist in the competition at this point...He's FUN though. Simon - ROUGH!

Jorge I had such high hopes for Jorge, so far a little dull. He can sing, but bad song choice IMO. :cry:

Megan She's fun, but I'm not a fan of her silly little twist. It looks contrived. SHE CAWED? She's so cute and fun and I do like her.

Adam I like the toned down make up! Love the song - great choice! Love how he's rockin' it! Making it his own! LOVE HIM!!!! :clapping:

Matt Sucker for piano!!!! (I'd hang at his piano bar!!) It was good. I think he'll stick around!

Alexis Love her! She's a little firecracker this one!

OH MY HEAVEN!!! This was the greatest FIRST night of competition in MY history of watching the show!!! WOW!!

26. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

So what do you guys think the mix up is going to be that they were talking about??? Does anyone else notice that Simon always has his lighter in his hand ready to run off the stage to go have a smoke, when he is giving his remarks.
    I did notice that! Pointed it out to Dh.

They didn't pace the show very well!! Too bad for those at the end!

27. twinstuff2

twinstuff2 Well-Known Member

I also was pleasantly surprised with the evening and am glad to see I'm not alone in loving Human Nature - maybe MJ's most underrated song ever.

Tops for me were Adam, Danny (nice finish but didn't like his A Capella start), Matt and Allison. Alexis would be a close 5th (I would have liked to see her nd Allison flip flop their songs although Dirty Diana might be a bit much for a 16 year old). Others weren't bad or I wasn't in love with their song choices like Lil, Michael, Jasmine (tough to out-Mariah Mariah), Kris and Jorge. My least favorites by far were Anoop, Scott and Megan (who I thought had the worst song choice of the night - that's not even an original Jackson 5 song I don't believe but a remake by them). I think Anoop, Kris, and Jasmine might be in the most trouble to go home.

I think the twist is that the judges will pick at least one of the two to go home tomorrow, and during the season they will use their power to save some of the contestants.

It's not a bad season. Adam, Danny, Allison and Alexis have real potential to be break-out performers. And some others might be able to find a niche for themselves in different genres like Michael in the gospel market and Jorge in the spanish-American market.

28. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

my favorites are in this order Adam, Allison, Danny, Kris, Megan, Matt, Lil (but she does not seem very versatile), Jasmine, Alexis, Michael, Jorge, Scott and Anoop.

I like the way most of them have a signature sound or look. I think it is going to be hardest to decide the top 5. I really think the winner will be either Adam, Allison or Danny. I don't think we will see Anoop in the next round. It's hard to decide who the other one will be to go. Either Scott or Jorge

29. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I haven't been watching all that much but caught some of the performances last night.

Rockin' Robin! Seriously! She picks that song to sing on National TV!
    That had to be the worst song choice in AI history.
    I also thought the words were either: Go Rockin' Robin or Oh Rockin Robin NOT Blow Rockin Robin.
    Talent wise: I think she should be going home but they'll keep her around for her looks.

I thought the guy with the jet black hair and V-neck shirt was one of the top performers.

I also enjoyed the newlywed guy who played the guitar. I don't think he quite understood Simon's comment about "bringing the wife out so soon."

30. moski

QUOTE(Juj @ Mar 11 2009, 10:05 AM) [snapback]1223239[/snapback]
    I also thought the words were either: Go Rockin' Robin or Oh Rockin Robin NOT Blow Rockin Robin.
    Talent wise: I think she should be going home but they'll keep her around for her looks.

I was thinking the same thing about the lyrics. She has to get some dance lessons. Her weird little dancy thing is just bizarre.

I loved Adam and Danny and Matt. I thought Alexis was a little bit over the top with Dirty Diana. Not sure who I think is going home tonight. Probably Anoop and maybe Jasmine (although I do love her voice).

31. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(moski @ Mar 11 2009, 10:47 AM) [snapback]1223303[/snapback]
    I was thinking the same thing about the lyrics. She has to get some dance lessons. Her weird little dancy thing is just bizarre.
    I love her and the weird little dancing thing just adds to her quirkiness. I don't think she'll be around long but I would like to see what more she could do. And I loved Rockin' Robin. I thought it was so cute! She definitely has a niche and the fact that she has no experience while someone like Adam has been professionally trained just shows the diversity in the paths they have been on to get to AI.

Adam is just amazing. I am already hoping he does not win so that he can go off and record on his own! He has a little Sebastian Bach to his voice when he hits those notes!

32. Katheryn

I think the judges will have something to do with who goes/stays tonight. I can't think of what other type of "twist" there could be.

My faves last night were Danny, Matt, Adam, Alexis, and Jasmine. I can't stand goofy Megan. Her voice is fine, but that dancing :nea: ....it's actually worse than Taylor Hicks' was. Her song choice was the worst by far. I think the judges were too harsh with Anoop. He didn't have the greatest performance last night but I thought it was pretty good. I hope he gets to come back a for a few more weeks.

33. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I read on realitytvworld, that the judge will get one veto this season. So if someone good is eliminated they can save them.

34. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(ljcrochet @ Mar 11 2009, 04:02 PM) [snapback]1223868[/snapback]
    I read on realitytvworld, that the judge will get one veto this season. So if someone good is eliminated they can save them.
    Now that wouldn't be bad. When someone who clearly is talented (say a Chris Daughtry type) gets eliminated too early, veto power would be nice. Actually, as with Sanjaya, it would be nice if they could do it in reverse so Vote for the Worst would backfire. :lol:

Poor Megan. Y'all are brutal! :lol:

35. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

Gotta say I agree with everyone (except Kim, sorry Kim! :hug:) about Megan. What a weak song to choose! Gotta go! Anoop... yuck, Beat it. double :bad: My favs were Adam, Allison, Matt. I also really like Kris. Mostly because he is sooo cute. :wub:

Interesting about the veto idea... can't wait to see what happens with that!