AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 7, 2008.

1. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~ilyse~ @ Jan 16 2008, 04:40 PM) [snapback]575377[/snapback]
    Nicole, never fear, it is on again tonight!!! Woohoo!!

See, I did not even know that! (And I call myself a huge idol fan... :rolleyes: ). I am off to check their website and then set up my DVR!

2. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

glitter chick, star wars chick, the guy that waxed his chest, the moses singing guy, stalker guy - all complete weirdos!!! can't wait to see more tonight!

3. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

Glitter girl gonna be on the news after Idol. Probably some more talk about actressing and being victorious.

4. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I am kinda shocked they sent the chick through tonight that was in the yellow scarf thing that was in the car accident. Did not like her voice.

And while I would rather poke my eardrums out than listen to country music I did enjoy the tone of the little farm boys voice. I am glad he went through.

Loved the dude in the shiny cape, he was way fun!!!!!!!!!!

5. rheamay

rheamay Well-Known Member

Is it just me or does it seem that Simon is being really nice to people? Why did he send that car accident girl though? She could not sing. There were others that were much better that didn't make it. But Simon has been so nice to people....weird.

6. naomi02

naomi02 Well-Known Member

Yay, I'm so glad I found this thread!! :)

I didn't like car accident girl's voice, either......clearly the others were shocked, too since all they could say was "wow! wow!" I thought it was mean they made that poor guy wax his chest, all for nothing. :(

And I've had that stupid song stuck in my head all morning!!! "I am your brother....best friends forever...." That's all I can remember of it, going round & round in my head. Thanks, little pimp man!

7. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

Yeah I was not thrilled with car accident girl either. I felt bad for her given her story and all but they have turned away people much better than her.

QUOTE(naomi02 @ Jan 17 2008, 01:34 PM) [snapback]576878[/snapback]
    And I've had that stupid song stuck in my head all morning!!! "I am your brother....best friends forever...." That's all I can remember of it, going round & round in my head. Thanks, little pimp man!

little pimp man.... :rotflmbo:

8. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I am kinda shocked they sent the chick through tonight that was in the yellow scarf thing that was in the car accident. Did not like her voice.

I was shocked as well... she couldn't sing!

OMG - the best friends forever song was hilarious... Simon seems much nicer this season... when will he be back to his old self? (Still a hottie either way)

9. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I am dissapointed that they sent that girl through along with some others. I thought they would have learned their lesson after last season. I thought they would be very careful and not send people through that would cause the kind of stir that Sanjaia (sp) caused. I would love to just hear the best of the best. They already have their audience and enough ratings. WHy draw unnecessary attetnion to the show. Out of the millions of people that audition there should be no room for people that are just ok let alone bad!

10. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Jan 15 2008, 06:15 PM) [snapback]574186[/snapback]
    How much do I love Simon? :wub: It's so good to see him again. :D

Just wanted to jump into this thread again this season. Enjoying it as usual.... especially my weekly dose of Simon!!! :wub: I agree, Kim, it is good to see him again!

11. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Yep, yep, yep . . . love me some Simon. B)

Ok, just had to comment. Loved the Aussie guy tonight at the beginning. Very good.

12. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

It's not on here yet! :( Can't wait!

13. ValeriGail4

ValeriGail4 Well-Known Member

Enjoying this season so far! Simon seems nicer this year. There have been a few times already where I've been shocked at what he HASN"T said, instead of shockingly aggreeing with what he has said... does that make sense? LOL

Anyway,....looking forward to tonights episode. H asked me yesterday if we had missed one, cause it just seemed like "forever" since we last watched it! HAHA.. two weeks in and he's already jones for an AI fix!

14. pamadad

pamadad Well-Known Member

Wooo Hooo! The last guy on the show tonight is from the same small town my mom grew up in!!! I spent every holiday/spring vacation in Charlotte, Iowa visiting my grandparents. If he makes it to the voting shows, we all need to adopt him and vote him along. There are only 200 people in his home town (my uncle use to be the mayor during the day and cleaned the school at night years ago - that is how small it is!) so he will need some extra help!!! Go Iowa!!!

15. Mama_Kim

A local girl from Knoxville Catholic HS also went to Hollywood. She was on one of last week's shows.

When are the auditions over? I'm getting tired of this.

16. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

I only caught the last 15 minutes of last night's show.

I liked the first audition show the best. The others have been just OK.

When are the auditions over?

A few more weeks:

Feb. 12: First Hollywood round.
    Feb. 13: Top 24 singers announced.
    Feb. 19: Top 12 males sing.
    Feb. 20: Top 12 females sing.
    Feb. 21: Results show with four performers ejected.
    Feb. 26: Top 10 males sing.
    Feb. 27: Top 10 females sing.
    Feb. 28: Results show with four performers ejected.
    March 4: Top eight males sing.
    March 5: Top eight females sing.
    March 6: Four more ejections; top 12 revealed.
    March 11: Top 12 perform.
    March 12: One performer ejected.

17. ValeriGail4

I wish they'd take all these first audition shows and throw them into just one week, or maybe two weeks.... and just get them over with. They are fun, to some extent... but for me, they get boring quickly. I like it better when they rush through this stage of the show and spend more time in holiwood and the finals.

Liked the last guy that sang.. he's funny and can sing. "My mom always says she raised a good homecoming queen, too bad it wasn't one of her daughters".. That was priceless!!!!

There were a couple more I liked.. And I have to say, Simon is being way too nice this year. I don't know... I think somethings up. He's just all smiles and "I like you, your a nice guy" instead of "Man, that was just horrible" Or "what in the world was that?" I'm just not sure what my take on this change is yet. He's still honest... just not brutally honest.

Oh and them yelling at ryan about going out the wrong door was halarious! Wasn't it last season that they did a clip of all the times they had to tell the contestants to use the other door?

18. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

I think Simon seems so much nicer this time around than in past seasons. I told my dh last week that I think Simon must be on Prozac or something! Paula seems more in-tune this season (meaning "not loaded" like she was most of last seasons auditions). :huh:

19. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

OK now I am getting BORED!!!

20. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Katheryn @ Jan 30 2008, 08:12 PM) [snapback]598110[/snapback]
    I think Simon seems so much nicer this time around than in past seasons. I told my dh last week that I think Simon must be on Prozac or something! Paula seems more in-tune this season (meaning "not loaded" like she was most of last seasons auditions). :huh:

I have thought the same thing. She's more In line with conventional "hearing" as well and Simon's just going for shock value of being nice and saying yes to crazy people so they have to say no!! pretty funny!!

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Jan 30 2008, 08:15 PM) [snapback]598115[/snapback]
    OK now I am getting BORED!!!

they tend to let it go TOOOOOOO LOLLLLOOOOONNNNGGGGGG with the auditions!

21. bran24

bran24 Well-Known Member

I heard on the radio today that Simon was told to be nicer. I don't know how true it was. DH only likes the auditions, with the writers strike I told him we'll watch the whole season.

Was it just my household, or did Paula seem loaded last night? I can't believe they let her judge yesterday.

22. ValeriGail4

Yes, she seemed loaded. Did you hear her hiccup right in the middle of one of the auditions? I'm usually on the "Paula wasn't that bad" side... but this week, I wasn't so sure. She seemed a bit gone... and wow, that dress, she could hardly sit down it was so short! Pretty, yes... but short!

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I like that they are speeding up the Hollywood Auditions. Seems like they did 2 weeks of it in the past, but I'm not sure :) ....

I felt really bad for "lives in his car" kid (Josiah) I think he'll make it to the 24!

This really will be a good season!! Exciting!! I'm really glad that Cheerleader and "Paula Please" girl didn't make it!

24. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Was the "Paula please" girl the one that was crying because she didn't get a "fair chance"? I mean she got just as much time as anyone else up there.....she hit a bad note!

I like the Aussie guy (Bohemian Rhapsody.....that is brave) and the Irish girl. I hope they are in the top 24.

25. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

I'm glad the two spoiled girls (beauty queen and cheerleader) didn't make it either. They may have sang well, but their personalities were annoying.

I liked the Aussie guy, too! I can't believe he picked that song AND sang it well :good: . I also like Josiah and the other young guy (the one that had the voice/breathing problem when he was younger) with the dark hair and dimples. So cute and such a great voice.

I think this season will be a good one, too. I think it's gone faster than past years so far.

26. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(moski @ Feb 13 2008, 08:17 AM) [snapback]619653[/snapback]
    Was the "Paula please" girl the one that was crying because she didn't get a "fair chance"? I mean she got just as much time as anyone else up there.....she hit a bad note!

I like the Aussie guy (Bohemian Rhapsody.....that is brave) and the Irish girl. I hope they are in the top 24.

Loved Aussie guy!! Queen is one of my faves and all of their stuff IS SO HARD to sing!!! I have NO doubt he'll make it!

????? Do they sing again before the final cuts? It didn't appear that they would!! :icon_eek:

Paula Please girl WAS the one crying because she didn't get a "chance" - GIVE ME A BREAK! Come back next year Chicca!

27. Mama_Kim

Yes, finally that mess is over and we can get on to the real competition!

28. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

I'm in love with Micheal Johns :wub:

29. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

Can anyone tell me who made it from the last 2 girls. My TiVo just stopped recording and DH and I have no idea who the last one in is. Thanks!!!!!

30. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

Did any one else remember the young 16 year old who made it through to final 24 when he was on star search a few years back?????????

David Archuleta. He was very good on Star Search and made it to the finals!! You can catch him on youtube here is link to one of his performances back then at age 12. I remember voting for him on Star Search.

31. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Feb 13 2008, 08:18 PM) [snapback]620765[/snapback]
    Loved Aussie guy!! Queen is one of my faves and all of their stuff IS SO HARD to sing!!!

QUOTE(TwinxesMom @ Feb 13 2008, 09:52 PM) [snapback]620915[/snapback]

YES YES YES!!!!

Queen is so hard to sing and he did it with style! I also liked the little girl, Riamela?? I am spelling that wrong I think.

Simon! Boy do I :wub: him.

32. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(TwinxesMom @ Feb 13 2008, 07:52 PM) [snapback]620915[/snapback]

:wub: He's going to be popular!!

I'm sad about Josiah! I hope he'll come back!!!

Michele, I didn't watch Star Search so I don't remember him from that, but that's pretty cool!!

33. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AliPaige717 @ Feb 13 2008, 09:54 PM) [snapback]620923[/snapback]
    Can anyone tell me who made it from the last 2 girls. My TiVo just stopped recording and DH and I have no idea who the last one in is. Thanks!!!!!

Same here. I was so close to throwing my remote at the TV!

Can anyone tell us? Inquiring minds want to know!

34. Mama_Kim

I can't remember her name. Joanna? The pretty plus-sized model. Cardin was not put through.

BTW, I was happy to see Josiah go home. He was annoying as heck! And add me to the Michael Johns bandwagon. Anyone who can sing Queen, and sing it well, has my vote!

Of course, I'm still all about Simon too. :wub:

35. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I have never gotten into this show before but I watched it on Tuesday night and then again on Wednesday. Now I want to see it through to the end.

I think I am glad I did not see it from the start of the season. I could not deal with all the horrible whining and crying from the people who were cut for not being good.

I like Micheal Johns and think he sounded the best out off all of them. The others (imho) that are in competing for second place are Syesha, Carly, David Hernandez and David Archuleta.

[SIZE=12pt]I also like the way the web site set up the profiles for the top 24[/SIZE]