AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 7, 2008.

1. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

Sorry if it was not for David Cook I would have fell asleep tonight. I cannot stand anyone else in the show. Hungry like the Wolf was such a horrible choice when he could have picked so much else. Anyhoooooo.... I am not a big fan of David A so blah... Jason what the heck was up with him tonight!!! And sorry, I am still not a fan of Syesha.

2. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

Jason's time is MORE than up....Why is he still here?
    Syesha - she has been better these last few weeks, but she still bores me.
    David C - I really like him, but I am SO not into rocker music.
    David A - Do I sound like a teenage pathetic if I say I love him? I can see how he bores others, but I LOVE him!

3. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

He's there because he's gorgeous! All the girls must be voting for him.

I just got back a short while ago from seeing the LIVE rehearsal show in LA. It's fun to hear your comments as seeing them live they all sounded fantastic....yes, even Jason ;) . Great performances for David C. and David A. They are both amazing. Poor Jason with a bum of a song choice for his first, but he really sounded good for the second. In the rehearsal he messed up on "I Shot the Sheriff" right in the beginning, but didn't mess up on the second song. Syesha is beautiful and she really is a powerful singer.

I'm guessing Syesha and Jason will be in the bottom 2 tomorrow. I think Jason should be going home, but with all the girlie votes I'm thinking we'll hear him again next week.

4. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

How fun, Katheryn!!!!

5. Katheryn

It was, Kim, and I was wishing you lived closer cuz I actually had a little trouble finding people to go with me :pardon: . I kept thinking how much you'd have loved to have gone and been SO close your love, Simon :rolleyes: .....(I mentioned it somewhere else but I think you haven't been reading there lately.... ;) .)

6. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

I was upset that David took out the best part of Baba O'Reilly, but I guess that was inevitable for a shortened Idol version of the song. It was nice to see the vignette on the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. I want to go there this summer when my family is at Twinsburg!

7. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone else that said David C could have chose a better song. There were so many more options for him. He did sound great though with both songs.

Sayesha is really changing. She is "bringing it" now as Randy said. I still do not thibnk it should be here up there still though. She was good tonight.

Jason seems to have given up to me. I wonder if he thinks he should have been voted off already and is not just not giving it his all because he thinks he will not win. I liked hos second song better but neither were great.

David A did not impress me with his first song (as usual) . I still don't get what they all see in him. He does not make anything his own and only sings one type of music. I WILL admit that I liked what he sounded like during the Elvis song. I thought UGH when he first said "Elvis" but he did it much better than I thought he would.

I would imagine Jason is going home Wednesday

8. Katheryn

QUOTE(twin_trip_mommy @ May 6 2008, 09:44 PM) [snapback]759926[/snapback]
    Jason seems to have given up to me. I wonder if he thinks he should have been voted off already and is not just not giving it his all because he thinks he will not win. I liked hos second song better but neither were great.

Yes, good point! My dh and I were discussing this after last weeks show and it really seems to hold true that something is just not right after Jason's performances on tonights show. I'm thinking he's gone a lot farther than he ever thought he would (cuz of all the girlie votes, obviously), maybe he really doesn't want this type of career afterall, and now perhaps he's trying to sabotage himself so he'll get less votes? I don't know, but he's really been "off" the last 3 or 4 weeks.

9. Mama_Kim

Shoot, wouldn't that have been fun!!

10. Chrissy Nelson

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 2 2008, 02:46 AM) [snapback]751436[/snapback]
    I could care less what Syesha or David A sings. Even though Syesha will do Tina Turner and David A will do Elvis.

Was i right or was I right ;)

11. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 7 2008, 06:47 AM) [snapback]760076[/snapback]

As soon as they said Elvis, I told my dh that someone on ds totally called it for both of them!

I thought David C did awesome as always!
    David A did a wonderful job- he has a great voice
    Jason---man, totally bummed for him!
    Syesha- Although I can say she is getting much better and did a great job- she does nothing for me.

12. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

Last night didn't impress me one bit. I actually thought it was quite boring.

I think Jason might be the one to go tonight.

13. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 7 2008, 04:47 AM) [snapback]760076[/snapback]

YOU NAILED IT CHRISSY!!! LOL!!!

Ok, to be fair - David A bores me to tears, BUT...I actually liked his Love me Tender! Surprised me!! He had a "richer" sound to his breathy voice. I almost fast fwd'd during his first song.

David - he's looking the part more now than the beginning. They really work with them and make them look good, don't they?
    I was SO stoked when he said he was doing Baba O'reilly!! That was SO COOL!! (I used to love that when they did it on Rock Star!) It would be really good on the download because they do the whole thing!!! (I voted for him for a straight hour - I started watching after the end, so I started voting immediately after he sang).
    Hungry Like the Wolf wasn't my first choice for him, but what an overwhelming decision - to pick from all that. I am really glad he didn't do U2. PERSONALLY...

Syesha was REALLY fun as Tina Turner and she sounded great and I thought really "brought it" tonight!! Randy's reaching for stuff - I don't know!

Jason sounded REALLY good on Tambourine Man - I was like "YAY!" and then BLAMMO - screwed it up!! The thing about Jason is he never has to say he sold out and didn't remain true to himself. I can picture him with a prop. suitcase coming out on stage tonight! :rotflmbo: that's the guy I think he is. Goofy, fun and darling!

Kathryn - HOW COOL that you went to rehearsal! That's excellent. How did you manage to get tickets etc?

14. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

Alright, my thoughts on the night.

David Cook - Didn't care too much for his first song. He did well, just not amazing. The second song was amazing! I really hope he wins it all!

Syesha - Didn't care for her first song at all. IMO she was trying to be Tina Turner instead of being herself. Didn't like it AT ALL! The second song I thought she did amazing! She's got a really powerful voice!

Jason - The first song was absolutely hideous! I find that song to be very irritating! Have never liked it. I didn't care for the way Jason sang it or his ridiculous dancing around or whatever one may call that. The second song - when he started, I was thinking, ok, not bad at all, sounds more like Jason - until he forgot the lyrics. Ouch! I think that really hurts at this point in the game. I agree with Simon, pack your suitcase. Won't bother me too much as I'm not a huge Jason fan. He so reminds me of a friend of mine though - even looks like him except my friend has short hair.

David A - I really enjoyed both of his songs. I think the kid's got amazing talent. I really liked what he did with both songs. I think he's definitely got a future in the business but I hope David C wins as he's just AMAZING!!! I didn't care much for him in the very beginning, but WOW! He's very talented and so comfortable on stage. GO DAVID COOK!!!

15. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

It was just SO BORING!!

And what is all this nonsense about it being the best talent so far?! Last year was WAY better than this!

16. 8isgreat

8isgreat Well-Known Member

Jason!! :icon_eek: :wacko: I agree with Simon on this one...pack your bags......

But...did see on Yahoo...that the 4th person voted off is always a shocker!!

17. Mama_Kim

Ugh, just had to vent. How much do I dislike Moron 5? :p :lol:

On the other hand, I love Bo Bice.

18. HeyThere

Can someone PM me who went home? I am not going to be able to watch it tonight and I hate to wait! :D TIA!

19. ddrmom

ddrmom Member

Did you hear Jason say right before the results were read that somebody told him he shot the tambourine man? That kid is hilarious.

I have to also say that I hate Maroon 5. Their music is horrible, and Adam Levine seems so obnoxious.

Bridget
    Mom to Delia and Donal, 5 and Ruari, 3

20. HeyThere

Thanks for the PMs ladies! You rock!

21. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(HeyThere @ May 7 2008, 10:37 PM) [snapback]761942[/snapback]
    Thanks for the PMs ladies! You rock!

okay, someone needs to pm me!!!

22. seamusnicholas

I almost died when Jason responded to what his biggest challenge had been (something like "the brain being dead")! I wonder if after he said it, he thought that was not the best thing to say! I am going to bet that didn't even realize what he said! :laughing: He is a pretty honest guy!

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Jason is gone! He nailed it when he said his inexperience is what's making it really hard for him now. I totally get that. He did GREAT and is darling and will have a career, but he wasn't going to win...so...
    There you go that's the goner...

Syesha has been skating by on the skin of her teeth for months now! Unbelievable!

Good to see Bo again! Didn't love his song, but hated the new Maroon 5 song. I like a few of their songs, but not much!!

That was hysterical when Jason said "someone said I shot the tambourine man"!! HE thought it was hilarious!!

24. ehm

ehm Banned

A friend watching the show with me thinks Jason is eternally stoned, I couldn't help but think she might be right.

Maroon 5, very very bad and what horrible advice to boot!!! Just what they wanted to hear about being Jaded etc!!

25. seamusnicholas

QUOTE(ehm @ May 7 2008, 10:46 PM) [snapback]762051[/snapback]
    A friend watching the show with me thinks Jason is eternally stoned, I couldn't help but think she might be right.

Yeah- I am going to have to agree! I thought it was funny that he said he never could have handled three songs next week!

26. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

Well the 4th vote off was
    not a shocker as everyone expected

I think
    He is a pretty cool kid and quite mature to admit all that he did about himself. Even if what he shared about himself (being inexperienced) was what was wrong with him these last
    few weeks.

WOW! They are going to sing 3 songs next week!?

Anyone know the theme?

27. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ May 7 2008, 11:04 PM) [snapback]761995[/snapback]
    That was hysterical when Jason said "someone said I shot the tambourine man"!! HE thought it was hilarious!!

I know, I totally cracked up at that. He is freakiin' adorable!

28. 8isgreat

To be honest....it looks like he is handling all the lime light stuff pretty well and can still laugh at himself!! I hope he does well in the future.

29. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I missed it last night. I was watching Supernanny... because the boys had a fit to watch her. They love her.

So was it Jason?

30. Chrissy Nelson

Usually with the 3 songs it is a pick from the judge, the contestant pick and their favorite song so far right??? Keeping my fingers crossed we do not have to hear that HORRID Idol song.

Marron 5 is not too good live are they. They are coming with COunting Crows here and I really want to see Counting Crows but not Marroon 5.

I am not into AI this season like I have been.. it could be because David A annoys the crap out of me and I really feel Carly needs to be where Syesha is.

31. ehm

ehm Banned

Keeping my fingers crossed we do not have to hear that HORRID Idol song.
    Have they announced the song that won the contest? Have you heard it?

32. 8isgreat

Not sure if this has been posted....on Yahoo...there is a clip showing Jason lipping "Don't Vote"......did anyone see that?....I did not.

33. 8isgreat

This has just been nagging at me...don't know why....but Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - "Over the Rainbow" was in the movie 50 First Dates.....that is where I heard it for the first time.

34. shelley79

shelley79 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(8isgreat @ May 8 2008, 04:14 PM) [snapback]762736[/snapback]
    Not sure if this has been posted....on Yahoo...there is a clip showing Jason lipping "Don't Vote"......did anyone see that?....I did not.

I just watched that. Crazy! Well, he got his wish.

35. Chrissy Nelson

QUOTE(ehm @ May 8 2008, 02:08 PM) [snapback]762475[/snapback]
    Have they announced the song that won the contest? Have you heard it?

No but every year it is just horrible. I do not think that any year I have liked it. I think that the contestants should be able to change it up to their style. But now there is a contest and it is actually composed right??? So I think that means it would not be able to be changed up.

Anyone have a link to Jason telling people not to vote???