AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 7, 2008.

1. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

YAY I am so happy it is down to the David's!! :banana:

2. ehm

ehm Banned

actually, it really wouldn't matter what record company a performer signs with. Unless you have the money upfront that company "owns" you, pays for everything, and dictates what you do with your music until your sales pay them back. KWIM?
    When I said owning I meant taking a large percentage of the money they make. I believe it is 6 years that AI gets portions of the winner's income and up until yesterday I thought it was just the winner but now I am hearing they might also get a percentage of the #2. I am usually happy for the #2 because they usually have a great future as a result of the show but get to keep their money, not a bad parting gift but if in fact there is no difference in the dollars department then I am all for going for the win!!

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I'm very scared about what the finalist song will be!! Surely they get to sing 2 or 3 with the song written by a fan type thing in the mix?

4. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

Did anyone catch the look on Simon's face when Fantasia's was performing? It was too funny.

DH and I were cracking up!

I was happy with the results and am looking forward to next week.

5. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I like Simons clap at the end of her song. It was almost as though he was clapping reluctlantly but also clapping taht she was finally done

6. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

So the final thing normally goes like this... That horrid vomit sappy idol song which I am sure David A will slurop up with a spoon:D Their favorite performance of the year that they have done so far and I think a song of thier choice that they have not done.

Time to shine boys!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 15 2008, 06:47 PM) [snapback]775940[/snapback]
    So the final thing normally goes like this... That horrid vomit sappy idol song which I am sure David A will slurop up with a spoon:D Their favorite performance of the year that they have done so far and I think a song of thier choice that they have not done.

Time to shine boys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the reminder!! I"m getting nauseated just thinking about what the song might be!! UGH!

8. Chrissy Nelson

Did anyone notice they did not really show David A dad in the going home clips just his mom...

9. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

10. twin_trip_mommy

QUOTE(Sarah© @ May 15 2008, 11:35 PM) [snapback]776124[/snapback]
    Simon's Jar Drops During Fantasia's Act!

as I shared on the AI Discussion forum "Her words were choppy, I could not make out 1/2 of what she was screaming.
    Her dancing was more of a stomping and twitching thing. I really wonder if she thought she was being graceful." and I also said something I am slightly embarrassed about typing now but I will share because I still feel this way "she looked like a cross dresser performing"
    She was scary and I think Simon thought the same

11. ValeriGail4

ValeriGail4 Well-Known Member

We fast forwarded through Fantasia's performance too. I've never liked her, and actually stopped watching the season she was on. Didn't watch the season after her either... LOL She just bugs me. I don't think she can sing, cant stand the high nasal sounds... and I can NEVER understand anything she is saying, ever. Seriously. We watched the first few seconds, H saw me pick up my phone to read something and was like "would you mind if I fast forward through this?"... Sure thing! And even in fast forwad, it looked terrible! HAHA.

I'm glad it has come down to the two Davids...actually think its pretty cool. I would be happy wth either of them winning, for different reasons. David C because he's just freaken awsome.. and David A because it would be really interesting to see him win, givin that he's "grown up" with the dream to be on AI. He was there for the first season, and the final, singing for the contestants.. Watched a clip of that on Youtube... so, I don't know... just seems kinda really sweet to me that he's had the "dream".. first year for that, really.. to have someone that's watched it all this time, first year they are old enough to participate.. and make it to the top 2. Kinda awsome, really.

But, David C is still freaken awsome and I'd love to see him win. Wonder if his brother is any good? Would be cool if his brother auditioned next year, and then won.. have a family affair going on! HAHA.

Not looking forward to the new sappy idol song.. Think there's a chance they might change it up a bit? HAHA, right?

And while I'm on the subject of sappy songs... "I don't want to miss a thing"... I liked David C singing it.. H didn't. H says he hates the song... I only hate it when I hear Aerosmith sing it (sorry). It was also released on the country charts... Lord I cant remember who sings it... And I heard that version first... so when Aerosmith came out with it... I was like WTF!!! I can totally understand why die hard fans would hate the song. Really... cause it just doesnt fit.. it screams "produced" to me.

But I thought David C did a freaken awsome job...

Today, my favorite phrase is "freaken awsome!" HAHA

12. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Sarah© @ May 15 2008, 07:35 PM) [snapback]776124[/snapback]
    Simon's Jar Drops During Fantasia's Act!

Thanks for posting that link... I missed it because I didnt watch that part! She bugs me!!

13. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(twin_trip_mommy @ May 16 2008, 01:35 AM) [snapback]776235[/snapback]
    as I shared on the AI Discussion forum "Her words were choppy, I could not make out 1/2 of what she was screaming.
    Her dancing was more of a stomping and twitching thing. I really wonder if she thought she was being graceful." and I also said something I am slightly embarrassed about typing now but I will share because I still feel this way "she looked like a cross dresser performing"
    She was scary and I think Simon thought the same

It was like a train wreck, I couldn't believe what I was seeing!! She looked really odd!! She did look like a cross dresser a little (not that there's anything wrong with that! :winking0009: )

Simon's face was priceless!! :rotflmbo:

14. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ May 16 2008, 12:01 PM) [snapback]776835[/snapback]
    It was like a train wreck, I couldn't believe what I was seeing!! She looked really odd!! She did look like a cross dresser a little (not that there's anything wrong with that! )

Simon's face was priceless!!

Definitely! I had to post that link!

15. Chrissy Nelson

Did anyone catch Simon on Ellen talking about Fantasias performance???

16. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 20 2008, 05:08 PM) [snapback]784166[/snapback]
    Did anyone catch Simon on Ellen talking about Fantasias performance???

He was on Ellen too? I was just coming her to ask if anyone saw him on Jay Leno last night. Oh he is just adorable! :wub: He talked about that first kiss of his in the garden, about Paula's confusion a few weeks ago when she talked about Jason's second song (that he hadn't yet performed), and about Fantasia's performance. Oh and it was really cute when Jay asked who was going to win. Simon said "David!" LOL Then he did say he'd like to see Cook win. Woo Hoo!

17. imlodog

imlodog Well-Known Member

i'm watching this right now and it drives me crazy that they always say, "you could sing the phonebook, dog"....ugh! i hope david cook wins...but archuleta has done very well on the 1st two songs.

18. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

David Archuleta ALL THE WAY!!!

I am SO voting for him tonight!!

19. MamaKimberlee

MamaKimberlee Well-Known Member

It cracks me up - I have always LOVED David A but I know the rest of you mature, adult woman love David C. I guess I'm a teenage hormonal, but I LOVE Archuleta. Simon just said it was a knock out for Archuleta.

It's funny someone said a few weeks ago that their person connects with the audience and David A does not. In my opinion, David A connects like no one else on the show. I guess it's all in the eyes of thy beholder!

I can't want to see! They will both be stars!

20. Chrissy Nelson

David Cook seemed so out of it tonight. Loved the Collective Soul song but I adore that band. I hated both the fan songs!!! Blah could they just please cut that part out of the show..... The first song I have to give to David A.

I am voting throughout the show though and I LOVED Cook throughout the entire season!!!!!! Sucks though I am getting through with no problem. Looks like I am busy for the next 4 hours ;)

21. nepolm

nepolm Well-Known Member

Anyone else tired of Archuleta's shocked "who me?" face of disbelief when they compliment him :bad:. I would think by now he would know he's pretty good :rolleyes:.

I don't know why, because he seems like a nice enough kid, but I have just never been a fan of his. He can sing, but his voice and style do not appeal to me. I find him breathy, cheesy and one-dimensional.

It's probably a long shot at this point, but FWIW, GO COOK :yahoo: :clapping: :banana:!!!

22. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

I was pretty happy when I heard what Clive Davis had picked for the Davids - two great songs - really good choices for each David. And I thought Cook did well with Still Haven't Found, although when we (there were a bunch of us watching - mostly Cook fans) heard Archualetta sing Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me, most of us said there was no comparison and David A. probably just did his best performance of the season and won round 1.

The writing contest songs were both probably better than the god-awful ones they have had in the past, but of course, neither was all that great. And then our viewing audience started debating what they should sing with their last song and I said Cook should sing Hello by Lionel Ritchie again and someone else said Billie Jean by Michael Jackson and he did Collective Soul instead. I didn't recognize it; why didn't he sing it a little faster?

And I said David A. will have to do Imagine again which he did and while it didn't have the surprise element it did earlier this year it was still better than David C's Collective Soul. (although why won't he sing the first verse of Imagine?)

Anyway, there's no doubt in my mind; tonight, David A. was the better singer.

23. Chrissy Nelson

I hate it too that David A is always like "oh wow, you thought I did good, wow I did not think you would like it that much, wow thanks" (in that little Michael Jackson voice) while the camera pans to his dad clapping like a seal like his arms are going to fall off.... I hate to see that family if that kid does not win.

I would have liked to have heard David Cook sing "Hello" I would have loved to have heard a longer version of it. That Collective Soul song is normally sung at that speed, just FYI but I agree he should have mixed it up.

here is an article predicting cook to win http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24668992/

24. Chrissy Nelson

25. r-twins

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 20 2008, 08:37 PM) [snapback]784602[/snapback]
    I hate it too that David A is always like "oh wow, you thought I did good, wow I did not think you would like it that much, wow thanks" (in that little Michael Jackson voice) while the camera pans to his dad clapping like a seal like his arms are going to fall off.... I hate to see that family if that kid does not win.

I would have liked to have heard David Cook sing "Hello" I would have loved to have heard a longer version of it. That Collective Soul song is normally sung at that speed, just FYI but I agree he should have mixed it up.

here is an article predicting cook to win http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24668992/

I don't think it's so bad to see a contestant acting a little humble. :D We get all the local stories about him here in UT and from what his friends say he really is like that. Just a shy little boy on a stage in front of thousands of live viewers and millions of tv viewers. I can imagine it's pretty overwhelming for a child (which he basically is...) I would actually worry about him buckling under the pressure of winning! LOL

So is anyone getting through? I've been calling for an hour and only managed to get 3 votes in!

26. Chrissy Nelson

Aww come on Rebecca he is like that cause he is scared of his dad ;)

I have been hit and miss getting through for Mr Cook.and yes I am a loser calling for 2 hours. I need help.

27. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

While David A. was singing Dont let the sun go down, was anyone else waiting to hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Elton John!!!"? I know I was :icon_biggrin:

28. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

QUOTE(r-twins @ May 20 2008, 09:49 PM) [snapback]784611[/snapback]
    So is anyone getting through? I've been calling for an hour and only managed to get 3 votes in!

My wife just voted 25 times for David Cook. I don't believe she had any problems getting through. If David A. wins, nobody can blame her for not trying...

29. Chrissy Nelson

QUOTE(OneBoyOneGirl @ May 21 2008, 03:13 AM) [snapback]784658[/snapback]
    While David A. was singing Dont let the sun go down, was anyone else waiting to hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Elton John!!!"? I know I was :icon_biggrin:

Nobody can rock that song out like those 2!!!

30. r-twins

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 20 2008, 09:07 PM) [snapback]784643[/snapback]
    Aww come on Rebecca he is like that cause he is scared of his dad ;)

Yeah, I'm sure he is! If the stories are true about his dad, I would be too! LOL

31. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I thought David A was better overall tonight, but still NOT voting for him.

As others have said I am SO sick of his "WOW! Thanks - oh, you really like me?" Thing. Melinda Doolittle got total crap for that from Simon, I guess it's OK if you are under 18? :rolleyes:

I'm almost at 2 hrs. of solid voting! I am FINALLY getting some busy signals on Cook's line!

Craig, tell Diane that 25 votes is nice, but she needs a few more hours of voting to go!! :p

32. r-twins

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ May 20 2008, 10:05 PM) [snapback]784733[/snapback]
    I'm almost at 2 hrs. of solid voting! I am FINALLY getting some busy signals on Cook's line!

Craig, tell Diane that 25 votes is nice, but she needs a few more hours of voting to go!! :p

So you're the one keeping the lines tied up! I've gotten through several more times, but still mostly busy. Well happy voting! Off to bed now! :)

33. twin_trip_mommy

I think they were to easy on David A all season. They never really said they did not like what he sang. He kept his style the same every time and never said "chang it up" Even when he missed his line they did not really say much to him like as a corection. On the AI site the thought is that they wanted a teen heart throb to be the Idol this year and they got that with David A. I think David C did great with 2 of his songs and David A did great with 2 of his. I don't think he did Imagine as well as he did the first time.

If I was a betting person (I am not) I would say that David A is going to win. Not a bad thing for David C but I do think he was the better talent

34. twin_trip_mommy

35. CCJN

CCJN Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twin_trip_mommy @ May 21 2008, 06:46 AM) [snapback]784865[/snapback]
    If I was a betting person (I am not) I would say that David A is going to win. Not a bad thing for David C but I do think he was the better talent

Dial Idol has David Cook winning.

I like both David's so I really don't care who wins, kind of like David Cook said last night how competition was over and that was just for fun, I think they are both winners in my opinion. If last night was the only night I had ever seen, I would have casted all my votes for David A, I thought he was awesome last night (and I am not even in highschool :p ) David Cook was decent, but not as good as he usually is. I think both will be successful in any music careers they persue, I do feel bad a bit for David A (if dial idol is correct ) as he made it to finals in Star Search a few years ago and lost then too. He is a sweet boy and I think his reaction to judges is genuine, I thought for sure he would pass out before they even got to the final songs.