AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 7, 2008.

1. lespaul75

lespaul75 Member

Well, I don't get the judges praise for little David. I didn't think he did THAT well. He wasn't terrible, but it wasn't worth the praise they were giving him (still think they were rigging it for him). With that being said, I think David Cook doesn't want to win. He just didn't bring it like I know he can last night. I think he wants to have more control over his music and not be tied to all that comes with being the American Idol. I'm torn because I want him to win but if he doesn't want to win and it compromises his integrity then I don't want him to win. I think there are big things in store for Cook either way. I don't think little David is that marketable and will fade fast after his cd comes out.

2. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

While David A. was singing Dont let the sun go down, was anyone else waiting to hear "Ladies and Gentlemen, Mr. Elton John!!!"? I know I was

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 21 2008, 03:21 AM) [snapback]784676[/snapback]
    Nobody can rock that song out like those 2!!!

Oh LORD no. :D NOT that he was singing that good!! I just always hear the "real" song in my head while they are singing. Goodness, he is no Elton John, I have never understood the infatuation with the kid anyway, I have said before I feel like I am church again when I was little not understanding why I am not feeling the Holy Spirit like everyone else. ;)

3. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I LOVE ELTON and I thought David A knocked that song OUT OF THE PARK!!!

I, of course voted based on the whole season, not just last night! :D I'm selfish like that. Michele, I agree - if you ONLY heard and saw last night I would vote for A too. But I watched faithfully and know that most of the time he bores me to yawns. (I'm not saying he doesn't have true talent, he's just not MY KIND of MUSIC! I Like some of that slow stuff, but...not THAT much.)

I voted for 2 hrs. and finally went to bed!! I am hoping the 11 and 12 yr. olds weren't allowed to use the phone as much as I was! :D

4. LisaS

LisaS Active Member

The whole show last night was rigged. Clive Davis picked the perfect song for David A and he picked a song that isn't very inspirational or exciting for David C. I am sooooo sick of all the sappy songs that David A sings. He can't do anything except for a slow ballad. David C, however, is very versatile and can sing anything - even the phone book (as Randy always says about David A).

The judges were very unfair and very hard on David C. They should have just been non-judgemental and allowed America to vote on who they wanted.

5. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

So sad about Luke Menard. Poor guy. I hope he beats the cancer.

On a happier note: I thought last nights performances were ALL good. I liked all the songs and the way each David sang them. I couldn't ask for improvement from either one. That said, I didn't vote because I don't really care who wins. They are both equally amazing in my eyes (and ears!) and I know who ever doesn't "win" will still find himself with a giant boost in the music industry because of AI.

I do hope, though, that if David A. doesn't win that his dad won't be horrible to him. I hope he'll be proud and praise him and be satisfied that his son came this far.

6. r-twins

r-twins Well-Known Member

I don't understand why some say the show is "rigged". Especially at this point. The last two contestents are COMPLETELY different and both have their fans who are loyal, even when they don't do the best job. I don't think the song choices or judges comments influence people who love their favorite contestent (at this point, at least).

I think David C will win tonight, but I bet it's really close.

7. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Katheryn @ May 21 2008, 01:28 PM) [snapback]785624[/snapback]
    On a happier note: I thought last nights performances were ALL good. I liked all the songs and the way each David sang them. I couldn't ask for improvement from either one. That said, I didn't vote because I don't really care who wins. They are both equally amazing in my eyes (and ears!) and I know who ever doesn't "win" will still find himself with a giant boost in the music industry because of AI.

I do hope, though, that if David A. doesn't win that his dad won't be horrible to him. I hope he'll be proud and praise him and be satisfied that his son came this far.

Ditto to everything you said, Katheryn. I really don't know who I want to win at this point. They are totally different and both very, very good in their own ways. David C. is my favorite stylistically, but David A. has the better overall voice. For me the edge goes to David C. because I like his style of music much more. However, David A is so endearing to me. I can relate to his personality so much having a 17-year old son myself. ;) They look, and in this case, sound done on the outside but they're still half-done on the inside, which is where I believe David A's amazement at the compliments he receives all come from. I think the judges know this and it's why they don't get onto him for it. He's just a kid, one who's overwhelmed with his success thus far and still awestruck by the whole thing. C'mon, he's just 17. ;)

Anyway, I'll be happy for whomever wins since they are both very talented and seem to be authentically sweet young men. :D (But c'mon David Cook!!!!)

8. cohlee

cohlee Well-Known Member

Yay!! :clapping: He was definitely the better David in my opinion!

9. Mama_Kim

Yeah DAVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :p :lol: :Clap: ;) Woo Hoo!

10. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

[SIZE=36pt]CONGRATULATIONS DAVID COOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO[/SIZE]

11. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

Forgetting the end results for a minute, what did everyone think of the finale in general? I always enjoy this show because it seems like Idol always puts together a great mix of solid musical performances with the original artists, duets with the Idol finalists and the stars, and funny comedic bits.

Anyway, I thought the women with Donna Summer were good and liked both Davids (C with ZZ Top and A with the person/group I don't know, but their performance was terrific). I also enjoyed George Michael's song although Bryan Adams has aged a bit (as we all have, I guess). I missed Syesha with Seal. The Gladys Knight and the Pips lost audition tape with Ben Stiller, Jack Black and Robert Downey, Jr. was hysterical!

12. Mama_Kim

Entertainment wise, I thought it was good. I love Seal but Syesha sounded off to me. ZZ Top is always fun. George Michael looks horrid which made me sad. The Gladys Knight and the Pips things was great!!

I couldn't be happier for David!!

13. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

We all know how I feel about the results :)

George Michael was AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!! He is PERFECTION!!! In everyway except for he is not straight and married to me... anyhoo.... loved Brooke with Graham Nash, loved hearing Jason sing Halleujah again, i love that song with the guy on the piano that David A sang with (forget it right now.

How adorable are those Jonas Brothers ... hubba hubba, they are totally dreamy. David Cook was awesome with ZZ top

14. Chrissy Nelson

QUOTE(MamaKim @ May 22 2008, 02:18 AM) [snapback]786708[/snapback]
    Entertainment wise, I thought it was good. I love Seal but Syesha sounded off to me. ZZ Top is always fun. George Michaels looks horrid which made me sad. The Gladys Knight and the Pips things was great!!

I couldn't be happier for David!!

you think he looks horrid??? I do not think he looks bad... I do not think he has had work done, do you??? I think he has gained a bit of weight. I really do not look at him though I just hear that voice and fall in love...

15. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 21 2008, 10:20 PM) [snapback]786712[/snapback]
    you think he looks horrid??? I do not think he looks bad... I do not think he has had work done, do you??? I think he has gained a bit of weight. I really do not look at him though I just hear that voice and fall in love...

I love his voice. Maybe it was those stupid glasses but DH just turned to me and we both said, does he have AIDS? I was relieved to hear he was touring which answered our questions but he really has aged. Then my neighbor called and said the same thing. He just looked off but as always sounded amazing! (I was thinking he looked way too thin in the face not that he'd gained, btw.)

Totally forgot the Graham Nash/Brooke thing. Awesome!

16. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

I am sooo geeked about the winner!! Yeah David!!!!!

I thought the show was pretty good. I miss GM, but DH said he looked awful too.

April

17. Chrissy Nelson

18. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I'm SO PISSED!!! I brought up my browser and smack in the middle of the page said "David Cook Triumphs" - SO I RUINED IT FOR MYSELF!! I WAS AVOIDING THIS FORUM WHILE I WATCHED!!! :cray:

OH WELL!! I am SOOOOOOOOOOO HAAPPPPPPPPYYYYYYYYY!!!

ZZ top - that was HOT!

Just seeing Archuleta with One Republic - "Too late to apologize" (BIG top 40 hit! Pretty cool for him to be associated with it at all!) I'm watching it now!

19. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Have I mentioned how much I love Robert Downey Jr.? He's such a straight guy with those two comedic goofballs (comparatively) Ben and Jack!! :rotflmbo:

What about the Guitar Hero ads with David Cook!!?! LOL!!

Where was Danny? Was he beyond the top 12? Memory is fuzzy!!!

20. Chrissy Nelson

Daddy was voted off as #11 I think. not in the top 10.

Loved David Cook in the Guitar Hero commercials.

I also did not think that final idol song was all that bad.

21. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 21 2008, 08:04 PM) [snapback]786782[/snapback]
    Daddy was voted off as #11 I think. not in the top 10.

Loved David Cook in the Guitar Hero commercials.

I also did not think that final idol song was all that bad.

Daddy Chrissy? Reallllllyyyy?!! :lol:

I was thinking they kept saying "Your Top 12" when they were performing!

I thought David's reaction and emotion was appropriate for the moment!! I was crying with him!!! :clapping:

22. Chrissy Nelson

Danny you know what I mean... deep down though I just want to hold him and call him daddy though ;) HAHA I thought Ramielle was so upset because he was not going to get to tour with them, remember. They moved on to the big stage....

So did anyone else think Amanda Overmyer looked like she would rather be having surgery??? She is definatly not a dancer :)

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 21 2008, 08:19 PM) [snapback]786798[/snapback]
    Danny you know what I mean... deep down though I just want to hold him and call him daddy though ;) HAHA I thought Ramielle was so upset because he was not going to get to tour with them, remember. They moved on to the big stage....

So did anyone else think Amanda Overmyer looked like she would rather be having surgery??? She is definatly not a dancer :)

:rotflmbo: OH My word Chrissy! I am completely laughing out loud!!! You crack me up girl!!!

Amanda was short of stellar tonight!!!

24. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

YAY! WTG David! I am so glad for him. :banana:

Good show overall. I really thought George looked old :( and Carrie Underwood did well. And that song that David sang that was the fan written song was NOT AS bad as last year, that's for sure. :)

25. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ May 21 2008, 10:19 PM) [snapback]786798[/snapback]

She looked mad!!! She had to hate the whole idea of choreography!

Loved that Jason sang hallelujah! (of course I did!)

I thought Carly and Michael were awesome! They are good together!

Loved this show tonight! I had tears!! I loved that his brother said "Thats my brother!"

26. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

George looked really skinny and his glasses hadn't lost weight with him!!! B)

I didn't like his song either. I didn't think he sounded that hot. (Ducking so that Chrissy doesn't hit me with her shoe or something!)

27. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ May 21 2008, 11:45 PM) [snapback]786842[/snapback]
    I didn't like his song either. I didn't think he sounded that hot. (Ducking so that Chrissy doesn't hit me with her shoe or something!)

I agree Di! (sorry Chrissy!)

28. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I am not a George Michael fan really but I loved his song!

29. OneBoyOneGirl

OneBoyOneGirl Well-Known Member

My DVR cut off the end!!!! Ryan said "and the winner is".... then click. Arrggghhh!!! :nea: I didnt hear him sing or anything!!!

30. campsix

campsix Well-Known Member

YAY! David Cook :a_smil09: :a_smil09: :banana:
    I really didn't like George Michaels song . The rest of the show was really good .

31. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]I think the finale show was a dream come true for all who participated. I mean even for those who sis not win. They got to perform with some great musians.

I pretty much thought the whole show was graet. I am not a fan of the past years contestants so I was not impressed with their songs and fast forwarded through them. I had to watch the show on my DVR and not live. I almost blew past the GUITAR HERO commercial. Thankfully, I love the song and caught it in my ear and at that same moment saw Davids hair. I immediately paused and REWINDED (actually rewound a few times to watch it over and over again). WOW!
    I found both commercials on youtube and Tom Cruise performance of it

GUITAR HERO

David Cook

David Archuletta

Tom Cruise

I thought George Michaels song was really nice. I did not expect a slow song from him but that was a good one

[/SIZE]

32. Mama_Kim

The David Cook Guitar Hero commercial was GREAT!!!! :D

I am so glad I recorded this show. Going to rewatch today!!

33. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

What a show!!

I didn't enjoy the George Michaels performance... at all.

34. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ May 21 2008, 11:45 PM) [snapback]786842[/snapback]
    George looked really skinny and his glasses hadn't lost weight with him!!! B)

ROFLMAO -- that was exactly it! :lol:

35. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

So happy for DC!

I got all chocked up when they showed his brother in the audience crying!

I listened to the first line of GM's song, couldn't take it and fast forwarded through the rest!

Overall, it was a GREAT show!