AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 7, 2008.

1. ehm

ehm Banned

Definitely set the dvr's to extend a few minutes beyond the end of the show (it gets worse as they get into the live performances). I have mine set to end 5 minutes after the scheduled ending. Extending it is pretty simple with Comcast, you can go as much as 2 hours beyond the regularly scheduled ending.

2. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ehm @ Feb 14 2008, 11:31 AM) [snapback]621651[/snapback]
    Definitely set the dvr's to extend a few minutes beyond the end of the show (it gets worse as they get into the live performances). I have mine set to end 5 minutes after the scheduled ending. Extending it is pretty simple with Comcast, you can go as much as 2 hours beyond the regularly scheduled ending.

Good thinking. I remember doing that last year. Don't know why I didn't think about this year! :rolleyes:

3. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

For the girls I like....

Carly (love my tattoos), Amanda (rocker Chick) & Ramiele.

The guys I like

Michael Johns, Luke Menard (only likes a few minutes away from me) & David Cook

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Does anyone else think that Brooke (the nanny) is going to be gone pretty early? She just seems so timid and unable to take the pressure.

5. AliPaige717

AliPaige717 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ehm @ Feb 14 2008, 11:31 AM) [snapback]621651[/snapback]

I don't recall having to do that in the past but I am definitely going to change my settings today or DH and I will end up looking at the TV like this :blink: again when it just stops recording. :lol:

6. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 14 2008, 03:17 PM) [snapback]622168[/snapback]
    Luke Menard (only likes a few minutes away from me)

Does anyone else think he looks a lot like Orlando Bloom?

7. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(moski @ Feb 14 2008, 01:27 PM) [snapback]622197[/snapback]
    Does anyone else think that Brooke (the nanny) is going to be gone pretty early? She just seems so timid and unable to take the pressure.

I don't think she'll last long. Her innocent "I've never seen an R rated movie" thing won't go far if they show that stuff more! I agree!!!

I think that Rocker Chick isn't going to be as versatile as I hoped she would. She's young, but looks WAY older than the rest! Kinda funny!

8. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

Good show last night. I think the judges picked a really good final 24. So glad David Archuleta made as well at Michael Johns. I felt so bad for Josiah, but he really wasn't great. I think Simon was correct when he said Josiah wasn't "consisitent." He wasn't. Sometimes good, sometimes he was pretty "off." And that fake English accent was off and on so..... :( .

My DVR cut out right as Randy (I think I was Randy) said, "Joanna, you're thr...". I almost died! I'm assuming he meant she's "through to the 24" and not through as in "finished." LOL

9. Chrissy Nelson

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 14 2008, 09:03 PM) [snapback]622273[/snapback]
    Does anyone else think he looks a lot like Orlando Bloom?

Yeah he does, mixed with Robin Thicke LOL.....

10. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

BTW, I was happy to see Josiah go home. He was annoying as heck!

Kim, I completely agree!! He really got me when he dismissed the band and had such a lousy preformance!!

11. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Katheryn @ Feb 13 2008, 07:49 PM) [snapback]620715[/snapback]
    I'm glad the two spoiled girls (beauty queen and cheerleader) didn't make it either. They may have sang well, but their personalities were annoying.

Me too!!!

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Feb 13 2008, 08:18 PM) [snapback]620765[/snapback]
    Loved Aussie guy!! Queen is one of my faves and all of their stuff IS SO HARD to sing!!! I have NO doubt he'll make it!
    Paula Please girl WAS the one crying because she didn't get a "chance" - GIVE ME A BREAK! Come back next year Chicca!

Me too, he was really good!

Yeah, really, I agree. She wasn't good enough, stop whining and try again next time.

QUOTE(CCJN @ Feb 13 2008, 09:55 PM) [snapback]620926[/snapback]
    Did any one else remember the young 16 year old who made it through to final 24 when he was on star search a few years back?????????

David Archuleta. He was very good on Star Search and made it to the finals!! You can catch him on youtube here is link to one of his performances back then at age 12. I remember voting for him on Star Search.

I really like him. I think he is one of my favorites. Cool that he was on Star Search. I didn't even know it was on as recently as 4 years ago.

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 14 2008, 08:16 AM) [snapback]621337[/snapback]
    BTW, I was happy to see Josiah go home. He was annoying as heck!

Yeah I agree. I liked him earlier on but he screwed up Hollywood week end of story.

QUOTE(moski @ Feb 14 2008, 03:27 PM) [snapback]622197[/snapback]

Yes, I do. I like her and she is good singer but she lacks that confidence needed to take her to the end.

I guess only because I can't remember too many other performances at this point, my favorites are David Archuleta, Michael Johns, Syesha and Carly. So I'll see if that changes as the season goes on. I'm looking forward to this season alot. It's going to be really good!

12. KYsweetheart

David is really good! He definitely has a big talent... I am calling and voting for him.

13. Chrissy Nelson

I like the 2 rocker guys, the last guy and the cute kid that won star search awhile back. The rest of them were not too great.

The Robert Plant looking kid creeps me out and the kid that sang Jailhouse rock looks like he would be fun to party with but ugh.... Luke or the (orlando bloom look a like) is now my Luke Perry from 90210 with the way he was dressed tonight....

Chikizi music arrangement was horrid it was total love boat.

I hope the girls bring it tomorrow

14. campsix

campsix Well-Known Member

I also like the two rocker guys and the David kid from star search and Michael Johns , also like Chikezie but he was not good tonight .

15. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I'm going to try to get over knowing a few of them have made albums already.

I still liked Michael Johns tonight but he imho did not make "Light my fire" his own. Randy Paula and Simon told a few that they needed to make the songs more their own but neglected to say that to Michael.

I have a new favorite for tonight, I think David Cook did a great job singing "Imagine you and me".

If I could vote for the two that I feel should not make it on to the next round It would be Chikenzie and Jason Yeager. I think all the others did a really good job tonight and should go on to the next round.

16. Mama_Kim

I liked: David Cook, Robbie Carrico (did you know he was supposed to have dated Britney Spears?), David Archuleta, Jason Castro, and Michael Johns.

Garrett needs to step up his game (he seemed really nervous) but he does really look like Peter Frampton! Luke Menard/Orlando was boring. Danny Noriega and Colton Berry both really annoy me. David Hernandez was eh. Chikezie and Jason Yaeger both sang well but poor song choices.

My two favorites right now are Robbie and Michael.

17. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Garrett aka Peter Frampton did not impress me.

Danny Noreiga and Colton Berry annoy me also.

I also like Jason but those dreadlocks have got to go!

On a side note: To me, it looked like Jason Yeager's son was wearing a wig. Did anyone else notice that?

18. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Juj @ Feb 20 2008, 08:18 AM) [snapback]630794[/snapback]
    Garrett aka Peter Frampton did not impress me. Agree

Danny Noreiga and Colton Berry annoy me also. Danny Noriega is deffinately extremely annoying. I don't think he will last which is ashame because he deffinately has skills but he is just too over confident or snobby or something.

I also like Jason but those dreadlocks have got to go! I actually like his dreadlocks and think it is something that makes him so unique and cool.

On a side note: To me, it looked like Jason Yeager's son was wearing a wig. Did anyone else notice that? Yes! His hair looked really bizarre. It made his head look GIGANTIC. Didn't he have blonde hair? I thought maybe they colored it and had it styled? Very strange.

From the guys right now, my favorites are (I'm so bad with names so forgive the descriptions :blush: )

David Archuleta
    The Australian guy (don't care what they say about him, he can be a star!)
    The blonde guy who was wearing the bandana
    The first guy that went (I believe he had a Spanish last name?)

19. KYsweetheart

I also like Jason but those dreadlocks have got to go

Couldn't agree more!

20. Debb-i

Debb-i Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 20 2008, 07:32 AM) [snapback]630745[/snapback]
    I liked: David Cook, Robbie Carrico (did you know he was supposed to have dated Britney Spears?), David Archuleta, Jason Castro, and Michael Johns.

Those were my exact favorites also! They have good voices, a sense of identity/self and have stage presence. The others were forgetable..most likely nerves or inexperience singing on stage. There sure is some estrogen amoung the boys who did the Elvis songs!

David Archuletta mentioned during auditions that he had blown a vocal cord years ago. Wonder if that affects his voice today?...it has a bit of a wrasp to it...in a good way.

21. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

Simon cracked me up (once again!) when he commented on the guys and their hair! :laughing:

22. all4megan_kayleigh

all4megan_kayleigh Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 20 2008, 07:32 AM) [snapback]630745[/snapback]

My two favorites right now are Robbie and Michael.

Yep, what I was going to say.

Robbie and Michael are definitely my 2 favs!

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

My GO HOME LIST for the first show
    Chikezie (sorry...liked the duds on you, but the song was a dud!)
    Jason Yaeger (the love boat called, time to come back to work!)

close on the go home are.....

Danny Noriega (he drove me NUTS last night - I suddenly can't stand him!)
    Garrett Haley (his look and his song choices don't jive and I didn't think he was that great! I almost started fast fwd'ing it was DULL! )

My TOP Contenders right now....

Robbie
    Michael
    David

David and Jason Castro are right up there too, but just behind them.

I think the dreads suit Jason and I can't wait to see what he does from here. He has a nice face and a good easy smile. I liked him last night and that he played guitar too!!!

and the winner for Movie Star Good Looks
    Luke Menard (I can see him stepping into a Soap Opera tomorrow! His performance was not exciting, but at least he's delicious to look at! )

24. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

On a side note: To me, it looked like Jason Yeager's son was wearing a wig. Did anyone else notice that?

Julie, I think the stylists got to him...... UH..... UGH!!!

25. Chrissy Nelson

Some of the girls are OK. The happy girl reminds me of Laurie Berkner so I cannot even look at her without thinking of her. Love the little tiny girl and the rocker chick. Also the tattoo girl (although she did not do too well tonight)

Any of the other blondes sorry they have to go and the chick that sang Where the Boys are just made me CRAZY!!!

The dude with the Dreads just needs them redone.....

26. KYsweetheart

My absolute Fave is Carly Smithson!!

27. Mama_Kim

OK, I enjoyed: Amanda Overmyer, Brooke White, Alexandréa Lushington, Asia'h Epperson, Ramiele Malubay, Syesha Mercado, and Carly Smithson. All very, very good singers.

Style wise, I loved Amanda Overmyer, although I was listening to her version of "Baby Please Don't Go" through Steven-Tyler ears and she could not hold a candle to his vocals on that one, no way! So that was hard for me to be objective. But I like her style. She's got that special "something" that is needed in a competition like this.

Normally,I agree with Simon but I disagreed with him on Alexandréa Lushington. I loved her "Spinning Wheel!" Brooke White has a great quality to her voice. I thought she was very good as well.

Snooze-ville on Kristy Lee Cook, Joanne Borgella, Alaina Whitaker, and Amy Davis (just awful). Kady Malloy was not good.

I also think Syesha Mercado has the "whole package" and loved her. What a powerful voice. Carly Smithson too but she needs a new look. But what a powerhouse voice! Little Ramiele has a surprisingly big voice too.

28. ehm

ehm Banned

Normally,I agree with Simon but I disagreed with him on Alexandréa Lushington.
    I predicted last night that tonight Simon will say he watched the airing and has now changed his mind. Let's see if he does??

Poor Carly, did you see how she wouldn't let anyone near her? She didn't want Ryan to get too close then at the end she was way over to the side. She must be feeling really bad!!

29. twin_trip_mommy

QUOTE(Chrissy Nelson @ Feb 21 2008, 12:25 AM) [snapback]632636[/snapback]
    Some of the girls are OK. The happy girl reminds me of Laurie Berkner so I cannot even look at her without thinking of her. Love the little tiny girl and the rocker chick. Also the tattoo girl (although she did not do too well tonight)

Any of the other blondes sorry they have to go and the chick that sang Where the Boys are just made me CRAZY!!!
    The dude with the Dreads just needs them redone.....

Totally agree about the blondes and Amy Davis (where the boys are) she sang way to slow and I did fast forward through the last half of her song.

I am having a hard time going with just one favorite for the women. I like the confidence and voices of Alexandrea, Amanda, Asiah, Ramiele and Syesha. I think those 5 and Carly will make it through the cut tonight and I think they will get into the final 6 for the women.

I don't really like Amandas hair much. The color and style is nice I just don't understand the high thickness in the back.

For the Men I can pick a favorite easily David C. I know that may change. My top 6 are David A, David C, David H, Jason, Michael & Robbie.

I am looking forward to tonights show.

30. Mama_Kim

Hmm, I did pretty good on predicting who would leave. I got both females correct and the first male to leave correct. I always feel so badly for the contestants that get voted off, though. Makes me want to cry whether I think they should be going home or not. And I HATE that they always have to sing the song they got voted off with.

31. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Feb 21 2008, 09:12 PM) [snapback]634603[/snapback]
    Hmm, I did pretty good on predicting who would leave. I got both females correct and the first male to leave correct. I always feel so badly for the contestants that get voted off, though. Makes me want to cry whether I think they should be going home or not. And I HATE that they always have to sing the song they got voted off with.

I totally forgot to watch!!!! Who is gone? (You can PM so it's not spoiled if it hasn't aired elsewhere yet)

32. twin_trip_mommy

That was a good show. I liked the group song/singing. They all sounded really good together.

They really know how to build suspense. Bringing someone up that was not voted off and then bringing two up. Although I knew they were not going to cut Amanda, she has to much passion and good vocals to get cut tonight.

I 100% agree with all 4 that were cut tonight. I feel sad for them but this was not their time.

33. twin_trip_mommy

They cut Amy, Colton, Garrett and Joanne.

34. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

I thought Carly should have been cut. The last girl that sang last night. I thought she was horrible and she got good reviews. Same with Fantasia years ago....I can't stand her voice and she won...Oh wel!

I am so glad this thread is going, can't wait to get down the final 12 so I can start to remember some of those girls names....

35. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be surprised if Ramiele Malubay wins the entire thing. I think she is going to surprise everyone.