AMERICAN IDOL SEASON 7

Discussion in 'General' started by Chrissy Nelson, Jan 7, 2008.

1. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

The women just do not have "it"

There are a few really good female singers but none are better than what I have heard from afew of the guys.

Amanda,did her song really well but she just noes not have that star quality. I liked the way Brook and Kristy dd their songs. I am not "into" country but I like the way Kristy made that song her own.

What in the worls is Kady still doing on the show?

Asiah and Syesha are two really great singers but they don't have anything that makes them stand out. Thy are not making the songs special (their own).

Ramilele is a great singer also but again she is not making the songs she sings hers.

2. ValeriGail4

ValeriGail4 Well-Known Member

Last night's show was just wierd! It lacked the energy, from everyone even the judges (or maybe specially from the judges) that the guy's night had.

Brooke was my fav of the night. I think she's the only one that's got the polished talent that some of the boys do.

Ramaile was good, her vocals are amazing.. but she's just not hitting with the songs well.

Amanda was fun, but I'm just not sold on her. I think if she had a band behind her, and was just jamming out with the guitarist or something, that she'd be a ton of fun... but as an american idolist, she's just not quite right. I don't know.. i'm sorta torn.

Kady is just terrible. I haven't liked one single performance of hers. So hope she goes tonight.

Asia has a good voice, but I'm just not feeling an emotion from her. Same with Syesha.. just not feeling anything from her.

I like Carly alot.. her vocals are amazing.. She can totally "blow" as randy puts it... but I'm not sure she'll make it to the top 4.. she's not connecting with the song, just singing it. She needs to connect with the song.. feel it.

Did I forget anyone?

I really don't think they have the energy that they guys do. I honestly think this year is a guy's year. I might even go as far as say that we might have an all male top group! that would be totally something, wouldn't it?

I think there is a lack of life experience in alot of these contestants that just gets in the way when they sing. They don't know how to feel the song, so it just comes across to us as a flat performance. Brooke is the only female performer that acutally "performs" her song, she feels it, she portrays that to us, and we connect. David Cook, Jason dread lock boy, and David H also connect with us the same way. Or with me, I should say... the others, I just don't "feel" when they sing. Well, Micheal does pretty good.

Tonight will be interesting. I'm not sure which girls will be voted off... but do hope that one of them is Kady. I'm worried for Ramiale, and also Asia.

3. ValeriGail4

Oh I did forget someone! How funny, cause simon said she was forgettable!

The girl who sang the journey song. Liked the country sound of her voice, and the way she did the song. But I worry about her tonight too. I think she could be really really really good in country... but once again i'm not feeling a connection with the song from her. Hopefully we'll get to hear more country from her soon.

4. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

see danny is gone... which was a right choice and good bye luke yay! The girls were right on, as well... asia'h whitney, celine, blah blah not a bad singer just boring and Kady ummm no comment. Come home to Houston and save our ears j/k that was mean sorry.

What was up with Paula... or shall I say her drink?

5. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

The judges behavior is really starting to get to me. They are totally acting immature as these contestants stand there before their final song. Standing there must be hard enough. They should have the decency to show a little more respect. Seems like they are on something! eta: Actually mostly Paula is the one who is bugging me.

6. twinreverb

the shameless self promotion and patting themselves on the back are annoying me. It is about the kids not them. RANDY and PAULA. so I agree with simon I wouldn't say congrats either on air.

7. seamusnicholas

so I agree with simon I wouldn't say congrats either on air.

Wait...I missed this. What happened?

8. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I watched it and have NO idea what y'all are talking about???

9. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Mar 6 2008, 09:49 PM) [snapback]656813[/snapback]

They wanted Simon to congratulate Paula for her song being the #1 downloaded song on itunes.

BTW:
    I think the right people went home. So glad Danny is gone (hope the door didn't hit him on the butt on his way out! Chikezie won't win it but glad he is still in it.

10. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Mar 6 2008, 10:12 PM) [snapback]656857[/snapback]
    I watched it and have NO idea what y'all are talking about???

Me either.

I know I am on the East Coast, but shouldn't we have some kind of understanding that the actual results aren't posted until the show has been aired in all time zones? Like maybe by using
    the spoiler
    tool? :)

11. moski

QUOTE(Juj @ Mar 6 2008, 10:16 PM) [snapback]656866[/snapback]
    They wanted Simon to congratulate Paula for her song being the #1 downloaded song on itunes.

We must've been posting at the same time!

Why should he congratulate her on that in the middle of the show? Don't they see each other off air?

12. twinreverb

QUOTE(seamusnicholas @ Mar 6 2008, 08:49 PM) [snapback]656813[/snapback]

Paula's song and video are supposedly number one or something and they put simon on the spot and said he should say congratulations and he refused. That should be said off camera or self prompted not forced by ryan S. It was just ridicules... maybe it is just me. I find the has-beens self promotion annoying and yes it did seem she was on something or drunk... I mean randy and simon were laughing at her asking if she had to pee or something haha.

13. twinreverb

Why should he congratulate her on that in the middle of the show? Don't they see each other off air?

exactly

14. seamusnicholas

Yeah- I dont think that is appropriate. This is not about them. They showed her video the other week; Yay, great! Move on to what this show is about. The contestants.

15. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(twinreverb @ Mar 6 2008, 10:18 PM) [snapback]656873[/snapback]
    Paula's song and video are supposedly number one or something and they put simon on the spot and said he should say congratulations and he refused. That should be said off camera or self prompted not forced by ryan S. It was just ridicules... maybe it is just me. I find the has-beens self promotion annoying and yes it did seem she was on something or drunk... I mean randy and simon were laughing at her asking if she had to pee or something haha.

OK, where the h3ll was I? I totally missed this. :lol:

16. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Kim, it was at the very beginning. She's part of the show, so I didn't mind her being mentioned by Ryan but it was FLIPPIN' hysterical that Simon just kept saying "I cahnt" "C" "I cahnt" (that's my way of putting in his accent the ah)

I think that you can use the spoiler if you are on the East Coast for the results, but personally - I don't log in and look at this forum until I am done watching so as not to accidentally see something (unless I just miss it!).....

I am SOOOOOO happy with the results!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy to be RID OF DANNY!!! :yahoo:

Kady knew she was going home. I feel a little bad for Asia'h, she really persevered through a lot to get as far as she did! But she's still a talented girl.

I though Blake was supposed to perform....Did I fast forward through that?

Luke knew it too I think. I am SO HAPPY!!! :D

17. moski

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Mar 6 2008, 10:34 PM) [snapback]656917[/snapback]
    Kim, it was at the very beginning. She's part of the show, so I didn't mind her being mentioned by Ryan but it was FLIPPIN' hysterical that Simon just kept saying "I cahnt" "C" "I cahnt" (that's my way of putting in his accent the ah)

Heeeyyyyyy.....that's the way I say it!

18. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Mar 6 2008, 10:34 PM) [snapback]656917[/snapback]

I think that you can use the spoiler if you are on the East Coast for the results, but personally - I don't log in and look at this forum until I am done watching so as not to accidentally see something (unless I just miss it!).....

I am SOOOOOO happy with the results!! I am SOOOOOOOOOO happy to be RID OF DANNY!!! :yahoo:

Kady knew she was going home. I feel a little bad for Asia'h, she really persevered through a lot to get as far as she did! But she's still a talented girl.

I though Blake was supposed to perform....Did I fast forward through that?

Luke knew it too I think. I am SO HAPPY!!! :D

OK, Blake did perform but I did NOT see the thing with "I cahn't see." WTH? I recorded it -- will have to go back and watch.

And again, sap here as always. I wanted Danny to go home and I still felt sorry for him. He was crushed. I cry with each and every one of them that goes home. :(

19. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Normally, I feel sorry for everyone too - but he's SO SMUG and such a little creepy guy that I didn't feel that bad for him. He sounded horrible, but who can sing when they are crying? Heck I don't sound even THAT good without crying....

Mo, his is a ah sound, yours is more of a eh accent!! :lol:

20. twinreverb

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Mar 6 2008, 09:43 PM) [snapback]656930[/snapback]
    And again, sap here as always. I wanted Danny to go home and I still felt sorry for him. He was crushed. I cry with each and every one of them that goes home. :(

:( it was sad... poor kid. reality check he will never beat the top contestants. chikeze, ms forget her name are probably next to go.

21. moski

QUOTE(~* dfaut *~ @ Mar 6 2008, 10:51 PM) [snapback]656942[/snapback]
    Normally, I feel sorry for everyone too - but he's SO SMUG and such a little creepy guy that I didn't feel that bad for him. He sounded horrible, but who can sing when they are crying? Heck I don't sound even THAT good without crying....

Mo, his is a ah sound, yours is more of a eh accent!! :lol:

I felt sorry for him only when they showed his audition and stuff. He actually looked like a cute little kid back when he auditioned!

But I do say cah.......

22. Mama_Kim

QUOTE(twinreverb @ Mar 6 2008, 10:51 PM) [snapback]656943[/snapback]
    :( it was sad... poor kid. reality check he will never beat the top contestants. chikeze, ms forget her name are probably next to go.
    Yeah, he had tears in his eyes. I know this meant a lot to him, but maybe he will grow up now and realize he needs to check his attitude at the door. He was actually a very good singer. Just a poor attitude and poor song choice.

23. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

QUOTE(MamaKim @ Mar 6 2008, 08:55 PM) [snapback]656949[/snapback]
    Yeah, he had tears in his eyes. I know this meant a lot to him, but maybe he will grow up now and realize he needs to check his attitude at the door. He was actually a very good singer. Just a poor attitude and poor song choice.

I hope so Kim!!! He DOES have talent!

24. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

The kids were so hyper last night I only got to see bits and pieces! :(

I was happy to see Danny go as well...

25. caba

caba Banned

QUOTE(moski @ Mar 7 2008, 03:54 AM) [snapback]656947[/snapback]
    I felt sorry for him only when they showed his audition and stuff. He actually looked like a cute little kid back when he auditioned!

But I do say cah.......

Ya know, I was thinking the same exact thing! He came off more humble and sweet in his video (and he looked WAY younger, IMO) ... I did feel bad for him ... but it went as I predicted... and I think the right people left. I actually think the guys are a strong group ... I'm not as excited about the woman, but overall I do think it's a relatively strong season.

26. twin_trip_mommy

27. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Thanks Cheryl!! I hated the song, but it was great to at least see it!! :D

28. ValeriGail4

Was nice to see Blake again... though I didn't care to much for the song. He's still a cuttie.

They got it right!! WOOHOOHOO!! HAHA. When Ryan told Danny it was the end of the road, I was almost as excited as when he told Sanjya it was time to go! Almost... Danny didn't annoy me as much as sanjya, but seeing someone esle be voted off probably would have! :) Danny does have talent.. he sings really well, has a full strong voice... he is just so young and immature. He needs some more life experience. Hopefully this experience might knock his ego down just a bit, and allow him to bring a humbleness to the table.

I was sad to see Asia'h go. I liked her. I think she would do really really well in theatre. She's got that sort of "feel" to her. I could so see her the star of a broadway show like "rent" or similiar.

I am excited about the top 12. I think every single one of them are great, and bring something to the competition thats unique.. I think thats a first for americal idol. This is going to be a great season!

Can not wait till next week!

What are they signing?????

Oh and the judges... OMFG!!! The last two shows, they've been quite annoying. Paula looks almost strung out... her hair? What is up with that!!?? Freaky, to say the least (she wore a freaken pointed hat last night!! it looked rediculious!)... and her behavior... She's all over the place. I'm tired of the shameless self promotion. When randy makes a comment about recording the song, cool good deal... but when they go on and on about it, thats just annoying.. When they try to get simon involved... I just want to scream "This doesn't help the show!!! Shut up and let the kids sing already!!!!" And paula keeps saying "this is about you guys!".... I think she's trying to remind herself! HAHA

Simon refusing to congratulate her was funny, though. Personally I hated the video and can't imagine why it would be number 1 on itunes right now.

29. ehm

ehm Banned

Progression would say next week should be the 90's but I am hearing Beatles week is next week????

30. twin_trip_mommy

QUOTE(ehm @ Mar 7 2008, 04:52 PM) [snapback]657855[/snapback]
    Progression would say next week should be the 90's but I am hearing Beatles week is next week????

So do they HAVE TO sing a Beatles song?

Seems to me that whenever some of them sing a song that was a big hit by the original artist Simon is negative about it. Not always but often.

31. ehm

ehm Banned

Yes, they would have to choose from a list of preapproved Beatles songs.

32. blessed momma

blessed momma Well-Known Member

I was SO glad to see Danny go home last night! Couldn't stand that kid. Acted like a little. spoiled brat! Not a bad voice, but way too much attitude! I agree that the guys are much stronger this year. I actually missed seeing the guys on Tuesday night so yesterday before the results show I went on to youtube and searched top 8 guys or something like that and was able to watch all of them and hear the judges comments and everything, so if anyone ever misses it or whatever, check out youtube. I was happy with the results last night and am awaiting next week.

33. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

I somehow missed the Simon/Paula thing....I don't know how as I watched the whole thing. However, even my girls (age 10) are sick of Paula's senseless yacking so perhaps I zipped by it. The judges we driving me crazy, too, with their immature behaviour. It was weird. I haven't seen them behave so goofy before.

Anyway, the only contestant that I think should have stayed was Asia' h. Her voice is better than the "forgettable one." Oh well. She won't last long.

34. twin_trip_mommy

The Paula Simon thing happened just after the guy from last year sang. It happened during the Judges introduction.

I am not excited about them only singing Beatles songs next week. I like the Beatles but for all of them to sing from just one group <_<

35. ehm

ehm Banned

Not 100% able to confirm it will be next week that they do the Beatles but if not next week it is coming soon. Each week always has some theme, sometimes it is a group or artist and sometimes it definitely makes you wonder how they will pull it off (like the Martina McBride week one year for one examply) but I guess that it the way to confirm if the artists are indeed one trick ponies???